• Jamal Crawford

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Cuttino Mobley

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The New York Knicks (7-7) vs the Detroit Pistons (8-5)
Wed. 11/25 at 8:00pm ET on MSG​

palace_400_080731.jpg

Welcome to the MSGKnickz33 Pregame show, Im your host the Gold Mac 10 and I would like to welcome you to the show. The Knicks are coming off a bad loss to Cleveland. The final score was 119 to 101, but the Cavs were up by 29 at the end of the 3rd quarter so the loss is worse then it looks. At the same time, it only counts as one loss and the Knicks need to move on. Al Harrington struggled in his Knicks debut, shooting 5 for 16 but he did score 13 points and he also had 9 rebounds. Quentin Richardson led the Knicks with 22 points on 8 for 19 shooting. Tim Thomas didn't waste any time getting back to what he did a couple of years ago under with the Suns, when he was coached by Mike D'antoni. He scored 16 points in 24 minutes, and had 6 rebounds to go along with 4 assists. I expect the Knicks offense to get better game by game. This was a rough game for them but tomorrow they got an old opponent (the Pistons), and I can see them winning.

The three newly acquired players will give the knicks more offense and defense, but they lose alot of rebounding. Zach Randolph was doing a great job on the boards, averaging 12.5 rebounds per game. The 2nd best scoring team in the NBA will have to step it up even more to make up for their lack of rebounding. Tim Thomas, Al Harrington, and Cuttino Mobley are all capable of knocking down open jumpshots. Harrington is the most versatile and the best all around of the three, but I believe Mobley will have a bigger impact then most Knicks fans are expecting. More to come on Mobley later in the show.

The Detroit Pistons had a great run, but its over now. Their 21st in points scored per game, and 14th in points allowed per game. They're still a top 5 team in the east, but they no longer have what it takes to compete with Cleveland, Boston, Atlanta, Toronto, and Orlando. Like I said, its over for Detroit. On Sunday night they took one of the worst beatings they've taken since....last year on the night of the super bowl, when the Knicks put a beating on them. The Minnesota Timberwolves beat the Pistons 106-80. The only player on Detroit thats worth mentioning is Tayshaun Prince, who scored 20 points (8-13). In my opinion, at this point hes the best player on the Pistons with Rip Hamilton in 2nd.

If you were unable to see the Cavs game heres the highlights

STARTING LINEUPS

DetroitPistons_PL-780665.jpg

The Detroit Pistons

pg-Allen Iverson
sg-Rip Hamilton
sf-Tayshaun Prince
pf-Rasheed Wallace
C-Kwame Brown

366.jpg
294.jpg
1724.jpg
883.jpg
981.jpg

Backups: Jason Maxiell, Rodney Stuckey, Amir Johnson, Aaron Afflalo, Will Bynum, Walter Herrmann, Alex Acker

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!

knicks.gif

hongkong_073007rh.jpg

kcd08033.jpg

MOBILE-IMAGING-KnicksDancers.jpg

AT POINT GUARD CHRIS DUHORN
AT SHOOTING GUARD CUTTINO MOBLEY
AT SMALL FORWARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT POWER FORWARD AL HARRINGTON
AT CENTER DAVID LEE

3855.jpg
3284.jpg
3417.jpg
3268.jpg
3956.jpg

BACKUPS: NATE ROBINSON, WILSON CHANDLER, TIM THOMAS, ANTHONY ROBERSON, MALIK ROSE

MSG33 PresEnTs the KeY MatChuP: Quentin Richardson vs Tayshaun Prince

prince.jpg

p2-307853w.jpg

VS

itpgal_060119_quentin.jpg

amd_knicks-richardson.jpg

Quentin Richardson

Q-Rich is off to a better start this year. All of his numbers are up and hes shooting better. Richardson was chose by default, because the starting lineup is not certain for the Knicks. Q-rich vs Prince is better then Duhon vs Iverson, and Kwame vs Lee.

What I wanna see from Richardson is defense. Prince is the 3rd best scorer on Detroit, but his field goal percentage is higher then every starter except Kwame Brown, whos a bum and doesn't count. Prince has a nice short range hook shot and he can knock down the open jumper. Richardson is much stronger, and will use his strength to keep Prince out of the paint. Last year against Detroit, Q-Rich was terrible.

3 Games vs Detroit (last Year)

22mpg
3.3ppg
3.3rpg
50fg%
0% 3PT

He wasn't much of a factor on offense at all. He can and will do better Wednesday night in Detroit (Its not like that will be difficult).

Tayshaun Prince

Tayshaun Prince, as i already stated is the best player on Detroit in my opinion. Hes a good scorer, rebounder, passer, team player, and defender. At age 28, hes in his prime but unfortunately the rest of the team is past their prime :lol:

4 Games vs Knicks (Last Year)

31mpg
13ppg
5.5rpg
37.3fg%
28.6% 3PT

Prince's numbers were also below his averages against the Knicks last year. Richardson vs Prince will be a fun matchup to watch defensively, but it doesn't show promise of being a good matchup offensively. Defense is a very important part of the game and a player doesn't have to average 20 points a game to be a good player. If I'm building a team, I'm looking to build around defense first. It is defense that wins championships. Thats how Detroit won back in 2004 and thats also how the Smelltics won the championship last year.

The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:
  • Ball movement!!!
  • Run!!! Old Pistons cant keep up
  • Contest every shot from Rip Hamilton. Hes a great shooter, especially from mid-range
  • Watch out for Stuckey and Maxiell off the bench. They can quickly change the momentum

Player Spotlight

spotlight.jpg

Cuttino Mobley

act_cuttino_mobley.jpg

mobley_pr_050801.jpg

I keep saying that i think Cuttino Mobley will prove people wrong. Hes a better shooter, rebounder, and defender then Crawford. I believe that Mike D'antoni's system will be a great fit for him. Hes a good shooter, and at age 33 he still has some hops. He can get to the rim and throw it down over the defense. Hes gotten off to a slow start with the Clippers, who aren't far at all from the bottom of the Western Conference. It's impossible to be at the bottom. That would mean that you would have to be worse then the D-League Oklahoma Thunder.

244we88.png

There wasn't alot available, but I got some videos of Mobley.

Like I said, hes still got game. In the last video, after hitting a 3 pointer he stripped the ball from his opponent and then hit another 3 pointer from the corner to win the game. I don't think it will be long before Knicks fans start to like him and forget about Crawford.

Throwback Joint of the Day:

Artist:Nas
Title:Nas is Like
Album:I Am
Year:1999

B0000256TO.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Download "Nas is Like" Here:
Nas-Nas Is Like.mp3 - 5.49MB

Knicks upcoming Schedule:

• Sat, Nov 29 Golden State 7:30 PM
  • Tue, Dec 2 Portland 7:30 PM
  • Wed, Dec 3 @ Cleveland 7:00 PM
  • Fri, Dec 5 @ Atlanta 7:30 PM
  • Sun, Dec 7 Detroit 12:00 PM

Thanks for joining me for my pregame show. And remember to watch the Knicks Wednesday night on MSG.

0401a5d8041a00921bcda039bc7cb.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

jpz17

Starter
I was going to ask for you to wait to make this til late tonight.. but since the game is so terrible why bother

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I was going to ask for you to wait to make this til late tonight.. but since the game is so terrible why bother

its not done yet....still got pics of zbo :lol:

Im goin to bed after the game...long day @ work tomorrow. I was gonna have someone else make it but since were doing so bad i chose to make it now

jpz17

Starter
yeah.. I claimed this game back a month ago.. but in the pm I told you to make it, probably why you made it.. but yeah, I'm real glad I didn't make it, every time I make one they LOSE! tuner is 1-0 so far

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
It was a good thread until I saw tim duncan and jamal crawford. Wats up with that? Putting up the cheerleaders is a plus. But that kid looks like he's rubbing one out.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
yeah.. I claimed this game back a month ago.. but in the pm I told you to make it, probably why you made it.. but yeah, I'm real glad I didn't make it, every time I make one they LOSE! tuner is 1-0 so far
I'm 1-0, too. The Knicks beat the D-League Thunder. :lol:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Pistons should beat the Knicks tomorrow. They got too much talent for the Knicks to handle. Allen Iverson, Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Pince, Rasheed Wallace...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
game thread complete....except for the highlights of tonights game which will be added tomorrow morning. Sly1984 cant read :lol:

For some reason i think the knicks will win. The Pistons are on the decline. If we run alot, and make our shots this is a game i see us winning. Were 7-7 right now, so if we wanna stay above 500 its a must win.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
nice thread MSG great to have you back at it...and thanks for making the tread quickly we gotta move past that horrible showing vs the cavs....and highlights?what highlights were there any vs. the Cav's if so lemme know

JayJ44

Starter
The game thread is looking really good, MSG. I'm loving that one hit wonder pic, lmao.

I'm expecting Iverson to have a high scoring night. With his ability to get to the basket, and our crappy defense he should pretty much be able to do whatever he wants. Hopefully, Duhon can defend him well, but he should still score well, not many people can guard Iverson one-on-one. Plus, we don't have anyone who can guard Rasheed Wallace. He's taller than all of our team (I think) so he should score a lot too. This will be a very difficult game for us, and I'm expecting the Pistons to dominate.

TunerAddict

Starter

Man I know...Secret is to be negative. Then they read that we think they're crap and get motivated lol

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Somehow, i was positive with most of my game threads. I dont know how....But thats what we needed with the team being as bad as it was. This year, i thought some of my earlier game threads were too negative. I tried to sh!t on the pistons with this one instead of the knicks, even after the beating we just took. And that pic of the pistons is hilarious, the one i got at the end of the thread :lol:

Thats one of my favorites :lol:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Mobley is very underrated and i already am past Crawford...Mobley is a great outside shooter and could defense so our defense is getting better slowly but we lack some serious size...Jeffries wont make a huge difference....lets just try and limit them on the perimeter and actually sync together on offense

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Jamal Crawford was playing real good this season. I doubt Cuttino Mobley will be able to play at that level. Crawford is better than 33 year old Mobley, in my opinion. Mobley at his best is better than Crawford, but he's not at his best. I do like the fact that Mobley can play defense, though. Maybe that'll help the Knicks win some games.

WiL8000

Rotation player
With the recent trades, I don't expect the Knicks to play fluid basketball for at least a few weeks. They've lost the two best scorers they had, so the remaining players have to learn to fill that void in points.

I support this move for the future but man...it was tough to watch the game against Cleveland. Unfortunately now it's the Pistons... this is a tough stretch.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Harrington can create a puzzling mismatch for the Pistons. If Sheed guards him on the perimeter, then Lee really needs to perform against Brown (given that's the case) Once Maxiell comes in we're screwed. Our lack of depth down low ( not in our jocks mind you ) is going to be our demise in every game 'til we fix the issue. Our players through the 3 and 1 positions are gonna have to get some boards. Harrington rebounded well against the Cavs, so that's a shining light considering the Cavs big line up.

Hopefully Mobley won't have a coronary and Nate pulls through from his groin strain.

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
With the recent trades, I don't expect the Knicks to play fluid basketball for at least a few weeks. They've lost the two best scorers they had, so the remaining players have to learn to fill that void in points.

I support this move for the future but man...it was tough to watch the game against Cleveland. Unfortunately now it's the Pistons... this is a tough stretch.

this is expected we got a tough stretch coming up to finish off this montha nd throughout december for the most part...this could very well signal the end of us being over/at .500 this season, we'll be competitve but wont win much cause of lack of size, and defense....until we get both expect lots of losses

portega1968

El Cacique
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/more-tests-for-missing-mobley-176381.html

Donnie Walsh said Mobley will not play for the rest of the week until he goes through some tests. That's the best case scenario 'cause if he does not come out of these tests with a clean bill of health he may be out for the season, but that's the unlikely worst case scenario at this moment.

With Nate out likely for a couple of weeks with a pulled groin (let's hope that injury doesn't linger on all season), DAntoni is gonna have to go with QRich at SG tonight with Harrington at SF, Chandler at PF and Lee in the middle. Against the Pistons who are also still getting accustomed to the Iverson trade, we don't have that bad a matchup, but albeit not an easy one.

Lee should counter small-hands Kwame on the boards, whereas Chandler has the chance to prove himself against Rasheed. Tayshaun obviously is gonna school Harrington and QRich may lose some weight chasing Iverson. Stuckey and Iverson may be too much for Duhon to handle.

I dont see DAntoni removing Chandler from the lineup anytime soon and he's gonna stick with him at the PF spot.

Sorry enough, our bench is limited to Tim Thomas, Anthony Roberson and Malik Rose. I think DAntoni will be forced to use Stephon given the lack of able bodies but we all know where that one is going.

Tim Thomas should have a nice game on the offensive end coming in for our frontcourt players. Only Jason Maxiell should be a challenge off their bench cause everyone else they have will probably see many minutes against our starters and won't get it done.

Roberson has been a dud... he just doesnt exude confidence in his shot. He's trying too hard and needs to relax more and let the shot come to him. He's gonna get plenty of minutes during these couple of weeks so he should not worry about fuuuking up and just play the damn game.

How many 3's will Malik shoot tonight? Maybe none 'cause I think Dantoni will use him for like 4 minutes.

Knicks 96 Pistons 91

Trin_Starr

Starter
I can't wait to watch this game - our backcourt is going to have their @sses handed to them...

AI and RIP are gonna rip Duhon and Roberson to shreds!!

As Berman of the NYPost said - if Marbury does not play in this game - the only way he will ever play on the knicks again is if the whole team contracts the ebola virus! lol :)

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/knicks/archives/2008/11/knick_present_m.html

Walsh waived Mobley's physical and approved the Zach Randolph deal, showing that trade was all about the cap and not about remaining competitive, considering Mobley's uncertain status. Mobley will miss tonight and Saturday vs. Golden State.

In addition, Nate RobinsonNate Robinson strained a groin, heard a pop when he went up for a layup in the second quarter. They listed him as "day to day.'' Groins are tricky. D'Antoni mentioned the possibility of being out at least a week.

Without Mobley, without Jamal CrawfordJamal Crawford , without Mardy CollinsMardy Collins , without Robinson, where does that leave the guard position? In the hands of Chris Duhon and Anthony Roberson tonight in Detroit against Allen Iverson. Does D'Antoni swallow his pride and ask Marbury if he wants to play tonight or does he again show a lack of common sense and not dress him. Marbury and AI have battled, seemingly, their whole lives.

If Marbury does not suit up tonight, then the only way he will play a game as a Knick is if the entire club contracts the Ebola Virus.