BRING EDDIE GRIFFIN to NY

Sweeets50

Rookie
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/eddie_griffin/index.html
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/steven_hunter/index.html
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jerome_james/index.html

The guy has some serious game. he plays D and is a bigtime shotblocker. He is also a very superb rebounder (among the tops in the league per. 48 min. in both) griffin is really gifted athletically, can stroke it from 3 hittng 7 in one game vs. phili, and could play multiple positions but how can anyone expect him to shine in KG's shadow. Coming out of college as an 18 yr old freshmen he was being compared to tim duncan. He could greatly improve our frontline. (age 23) MAJOR POTENTIAL!

Then we could sign Steven Hunter & Jerome James for rest of the mle
James - size/length to clog up the paint (7' 300lbs.), D, Amazing Shotblocker, veteran
Hunter - superb athlete, shotblocker, runs floor, potential (also 23, cant shine under amare)

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
ive said it before - i love griffins game and i would only consider hunter, not james. were trying to get young and athletic and this is the way to go

hoop115

Benchwarmer
griffin definately has game, but he has some serious off the court issues. i think he even just violated he probation again and may have to go to jail. griffin could have been the next rasheed wallace with his inside/outside game but he just never grew up.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
15 days and it was for being somewhere he shouldnt have been, not for a crime. i dont remember when rasheed came into the league but i dont think he was an impact player right away. i think with development eddie can be a real star.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
oh ok, from my memory i thought he was a true forward.. if he can play center and block shots, this might not be such a bad idea

ny3nyk

Rotation player
forget james, i want reggie evans, but we all know that seattle would never give him up. jerome james' career high 12 boards kinda scares me... i expect more from 7'2 guy. plus he's kinda old. i like griffin too, but i think we have enough fowards. steven hunter would help us defencivly and gets us bigger. he wouldnt get that much playing time he deserves in phx anyway

Sweeets50

Rookie
The aquisition of Griffin allows isiah to use our glut of PFs as trade bait with TT/penny or just by themselves. We could get rid of ROSE (even though i love heart, his contract blows), JYD (also has heart but isnt gona get any PT behind the rest of the front line), and MO TAYLOR (he becomes expedable bcuz E-Griffin brings that superb offense along with the D Taylor lacks)

portega1968

El Cacique
I'm certain Eddie can score a courtside view at MSG for his parole officer. Despite his potential, I don't think he will be able to keep his personal issues from damaging his career. I know we've gambled before on players with issues, and I would gamble on someone like Artest, but I don't think New York should vye to be the last spot after Houston, NJ and Minny to host this guy's soap opera. And he's a PF, definitely not a 5. I'd rather try to get Hunter and James for the MLE. They should combine to hold the middle until we get a real and long-term solution to go with our core (Ariza, Nate and Lee).

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i know hes a pf but hes a big one, unlike our undersized ones. he plays d and can shoot. if we can sign him for under the MLE it may be worth a gamble. its not like hes a superstar like artest where you give up a lot to get him.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
I'm definately a fan his game, ever since him and Andre Barrett played on Seton Hall together. I was in disbelief when the Nets traded him to Houston for Richard Jefferson. He definately has alot of potential but I've heard that the only one who has ever been able to keep him in check is KG. I don't see anyone on our squad that can take the vocal leadership role with him, especially not Steph.

Do you think playing under the media scrutiny of New York would help Griffin clean up his act? I mean, with all the cameras on him, do you think he'll watch his behavior? He's also a lot closer to home (Philly) and won't be able to look his momma in the face if he gets in trouble.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
alonreppinNY23 said:
no more fowards....

if you haven't noticed, we have a glut at the guard spots as well, and C's don't grow on tree's in this league...how else do you explain us hanging onto bruno sundov!!!

thwax

Benchwarmer
eddie is signing with Minnesota... was also in jail last week for violating his payrole... he's probably going to be one of those guys that wastes a lot of good talent when all is said and done :(