Nash For Felton?

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
I'm just curious and this is hypothetical because I don't think it will happen or that Phoenix would have any interest, but let's say the Suns get involved as a third team in the Melo deal. Would you be willing to do a deal like this? http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4l8thfq

I personally would consider it just because you could have Nash for a year or two and have a chance to get CP3 in 2012, but i'm not sure yet. I usually don't like getting rid of young players for old, although the older players seem to be the teams winning the championships lately this decade.

KingofNy

Starter
I'm just curious and this is hypothetical because I don't think it will happen or that Phoenix would have any interest, but let's say the Suns get involved as a third team in the Melo deal. Would you be willing to do a deal like this? http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4l8thfq

I personally would consider it just because you could have Nash for a year or two and have a chance to get CP3 in 2012, but i'm not sure yet. I usually don't like getting rid of young players for old, although the older players seem to be the teams winning the championships lately this decade.

I posted this same trade idea earlier on a previous thread. I agree it would work perfectly for all sides IMO.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
Uhm, no.

Listen, I love Nash. But he just turned 37. (again, that's THIRTY SEVEN). Felton is 26 years old and still hasn't reached his full potential yet. Yes, Felton had a mediocre January. But before that half of this message board was sucking his dick and proclaiming him a lock for the all-star team and a future all-pro. He's still a very good point guard and he's only going to get better. Oh, and btw, Felton actually plays defense . . . something this team needs more of, not less.

Last edited:

petescud

Starter
I don't think Felton should be discussed. He's not our problem. Lets fix the problems first. Defensive stopper - backup PG - Real Defensive Starting center (crap i'd take back Nazr Mohammoud)

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
At 37 look at the Suns' record...look familiar? As much as Amar'e proved he doesn't need Nash, Nash proved he can do it no matter what.

And please, Nash's defense a problem? Really? So our team is so good defensively he would make our team fall apart?

Nash would stop our poor looking offense.

With that said..........Felton needs a back-up PG to give him rest. He has a lot of talent and if he plays like he did before January all before he contract comes up, I'd love to keep him.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Felton is making 17 mil over two years. Not a big difference.

Actually, it's $15M. $6M less in total.

Melo, CBA, age, defence.....

The list goes on.

This would be a financial blunder for the sake of one thing we don't need - offence, and a blunder for the one thing we do need - defence. Never mind the instant effect it would have on any cap flexibility for a young team looking to improve at each spot. Not gradually decline. Let's look forward, not back.