Many Are Convinced That Knicks Will Become The ''team'' After 2010

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/081126&sportCat=nba

"Can we just change New York's name to the New York Expiring Contracts?" -- 500 different readers

Done and done. It's certainly one of the weirdest situations in sports history: a franchise announcing, "We are throwing the next two years away, only our fans will hopefully be sophisticated enough to realize why we're doing it."

And they are. I don't know a single Knicks fan who isn't OK with this direction. Of course, if LeBron cares about winning titles over everything else, then Portland is the play unless Cleveland loads its team to the point that he'd be crazy to leave. But I think he cares about winning titles AND positioning himself as the most famous athlete alive. He's smart enough to know what the New York market means for him, as well as the hype/media/attention that accompanies a superstar moving to a mega-market in his prime. If he stays in Cleveland, he's treading water. If he moves to New York, that becomes the biggest sports story of that year. And for all the Global Icon things he wants to accomplish -- clothing lines, production companies, sponsors, etc. -- he needs to be in New York or L.A on a daily basis. Those are the two cities in which Global Icon stuff happens.

But here's the part that I love (just a pet theory of mine): Team LeBron is making everyone think they have a chance at LeBron in 2010 so multiple teams clear cap space and weaken themselves competitively in the short-term (like Detroit did) ... which inadvertently gives Bron a better chance to win a title over these next two years! It's devious and hilarious. I love it. I would do the same thing. Can't you see Worldwide Wes whispering to Dumars, "Yeah, LeBron loves Detroit, he could totally see himself there, you should kill your 2009 chances so we can maybe sign with you."

Fast-forward to two years later: "Sorry, Joe, I don't know what happened!"

Only they'll have that same conversation with eight teams. I love it. And yes, I totally subscribe to the "LeBron, Wade and Bosh agreed in China that they'd sign with the Knicks in two years" conspiracy theory even though there's no evidence to support it. Wouldn't that nucleus dominate the next decade? Wouldn't they lure every cheap veteran dying for a ring? I am truly terrified for the future.

Bill Simmons, Stephen A Smith, Jalen Rose and many others predict a nice future for the Knicks comes 2010. They all think that Walsh have a good plan and the Knicks have the best chance to become relevant again in couple of years.

Your thougths?

Red

TYPE-A
I read this article also along with Walshs' comments in which he states that almost every championship team has to have a BIG MAN. With this in mind and given Walshs' experience I believe that he knows what it takes to compete for a title.
That being said I can't imagine ANY scenario that doesn't involve a superstar like Lebron or Wade or whoever and a quality big like Bosh or Amare in NY.
The league needs this. If you can recall across all sports once a rumor starts and keeps going on and on it usually happens. It happens with the Yanks, the Giants etc... . And its not just who they acquire it's the rumors about the moves the resignings the rookies on their radars. I find that once the "word around the league" keeps getting more and more momentum it happens. Its just not confirmed until the deal is actually done.
Recent rumors (that actually happened):
Firing I Thomas
Getting D'Antoni
Getting Walsh
Trading Z Bo and Crawful
All of which were rumored before they happened and actually happened.

*There is a rumor that Stephon Marbury will be gone by the deadline.lol lets see if this happens.

I know not all rumors come to fruition but I've noiced the ones that don't go away or when nothing is done to dispell the rumor it usually holds true that something close to the rumor is going to happen.

NY will have at least 1 superstar/allstar suiting up in 2010. And definitely a big man too (maybe before then).

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
this draft will be huge to our progress forward we need to stop draft 2-3rd options and go for that superstar that could takeover a game at any given monet-Harden or Thabeet(he's already that player on defense and has potential on offense)...then with our 2nd pick we draft someone to complete our core(if Harden--then draft a big with our 2nd pick,or Thabeet--draft a PG with potential with our second pick(Abrams,Rice etc)...then in 2010 we sign players to complete the team and watch us build a dynasty again

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Going through some other forums I read some posts that had me laughing hard but it shows something the knicks fans didn't had for a while....hope...lol
Here is one
''Lebron, Nowitzki and Bosh up front, Nash and Wade in the backcourt, maybe trade for Kobe and use him as a sparkplug off the bench...........people, meet the 2010 New York Knicks!'' LOOOOOL
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/78613

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way but Knicks fans, as specially New Yorkers greatly value their own opinions, more so then the average person. I say this as a Knicks fan. Take this site for example, 97% of this site hated Zach Randolph last year. They all blamed him for our poor season. These assholes are still lurking around now dickriding Randolph. That's the problem with Knicks fans, most of them can't see past arms length. It's easy to say we should have done this when a guy is playing well, but when he's struggling everyone wants him gone.

Fact of the matter is, getting under the cap is priority #1.
That means that the Marbury contract must expire, no trades. Expire, buy out or bust,trading Randolph for cap relief was second priority then Curry then Crawford. Although the point of view that we've just traded our two best scorers is valid, the fact is this team will likely miss the playoffs anyway. Teams that are rebuilding or restructuring have to make these kinds of trades and adjustments. LeBron aside, there are lots of big name free agents available in 2010. Only a fool wouldn't put their team in a position to grap one of them.

jpz17

Starter
I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way but Knicks fans, as specially New Yorkers greatly value their own opinions, more so then the average person. I say this as a Knicks fan. Take this site for example, 97% of this site hated Zach Randolph last year. They all blamed him for our poor season. These assholes are still lurking around now dickriding Randolph. That's the problem with Knicks fans, most of them can't see past arms length. It's easy to say we should have done this when a guy is playing well, but when he's struggling everyone wants him gone.

Fact of the matter is, getting under the cap is priority #1.
That means that the Marbury contract must expire, no trades. Expire, buy out or bust,trading Randolph for cap relief was second priority then Curry then Crawford. Although the point of view that we've just traded our two best scorers is valid, the fact is this team will likely miss the playoffs anyway. Teams that are rebuilding or restructuring have to make these kinds of trades and adjustments. LeBron aside, there are lots of big name free agents available in 2010. Only a fool wouldn't put their team in a position to grap one of them.

AlexRodriguezK7890807293402_Orioles_v_Yankees.jpg

A-Rod.... my favorite yankee too:thumbsup: