[NY Post] Brown: No to N.Y.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
After angering his bosses with comments made in Saturday's Post about coaching the Knicks always being his "dream" job, Larry Brown ended his silence and attempted to squash speculation he will leave the Pistons to join the Knicks this summer.
"Even if they offer me the job at the end of this season, I am not going to coach the New York Knicks," Brown told Detroit Free Press columnist Mitch Albom in yesterday's editions.

Then, at the White House yesterday after President Bush honored the Pistons for their 2003-04 championship, the Brooklyn-born Brown told a reporter for the Free Press: "I didn't put my name out there. I'm going to coach in Detroit. Detroit is my last pro coaching job, unless when I'm 85 and my kids are grown and gone and somebody's foolish enough to ask me to help. I love it here and I love the opportunity I've had. This group has been pretty special."

Since Lenny Wilkens resigned as Knick coach nine days ago, Brown's name has surfaced as a potential candidate, but yesterday's remarks were the first time Brown has said he will never coach the Knicks. Brown obviously feels he needed to get the Knick speculation behind him now, so it won't serve as a distraction to his players, as the Pistons gun for a second straight title.

http://www.knicksonline.com/getart.php?id=2289

this newspaper is a total crap, as a result, the articles from the nypost will be added last