Can we all agree the Knicks will be much better once Baron Davis returns?

What do u think?

• Baron's old and washed up, flabby n sick

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • He'll be aiight

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Hes about to beast on errbody

Votes: 20 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingCharles34

All Star
He doesnt even have to be in great shape, hes an immediate upgrade over Douglas and Bibby. The Knicks will need a 3rd player to consistently step up. Douglas is an every other game streaky type of player, Bibby is old. Shumpert is a rookie but as I mentioned in my other thread I believe hes the most likely to step up until BDiddy is healthy. I originally said Douglas but I changed my vote. Harrelson looks like he can be really good eventually. I dont know what to expect from Fields

If Davis is more selective with his shots and looks to set up other players most of the time the Knicks fan can go deep. He could have a huge impact on this team and I hope he realizes how big of a role he can have

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
if he could come back and play at 80% of how he did with the Warriors then ima say this now. we WILL be playing for the chip this season. well have 4 terrific players and a shooting guard who handles business and can kill you for sleeping on em. that starting 5 will gel and we'll easily have what it takes to knocks out the heat and really make a run for the title.

New New York

Quiet Storm
LOL, I think we are all trying to gauge how excited we should be about our team, and it comes down to the play and help of BD

He lead Clev. to some big wins after the trade deadline, 2 wins against us, and a big win against Mia. and BD was the difference maker in both of those games.

And he was playing hurt last year when he did it!

What he is going to do for us is throw those lobs to Tyson like CP3 did, he will work the 2 man great with Amare and he will knock down the open 3

So in Dantoni's system he will not be Nash, but will be an upgrade over Felton and is a better fit for this offense than Billups,

I got him averaging 13 pts 8.5 rebs

So to answer your question a healthy BD makes us a better team

Someone mentioned the Golden State playoff run...if he plays anything like that then we are a real, real problem!!!

Red

TYPE-A
if he could come back and play at 80% of how he did with the Warriors then ima say this now. we WILL be playing for the chip this season. well have 4 terrific players and a shooting guard who handles business and can kill you for sleeping on em. that starting 5 will gel and we'll easily have what it takes to knocks out the heat and really make a run for the title.

Who dat?

Shump can, and should be running the point. If only to get him use to setting players up and in facilitator mode.

Don't want MOA insisting he become a two where he thinks shoot first instead of pass first- that won't benefit us and could ruin what a dominate player he can be at the point.

And that's true if Fields must stay in th starting line-up.

Shump-Fields-Melo-STAT-TC offers many benefits

With
Douglas (combo guard, spark plug 6th man)
Jorts (big, hustler, defense)
Jeffries (see above)
Walker (more fire)
Balkman (hate to say it but he can give us a quality 6 foul perfomance)
B-diddy (savvy vet off the bench)
Novak (3pt shooter, stretch 4)

I'm for starting shump at either guard spots, let B diddy heal, and by the time he's ready, Imax would have solidified his position.

Either Fields or TD must go (out the starting line-up) Td is better off the bench, but Fields can be too.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Davis can and will be a game changer. He looks motivated and is saying all the right things so if he can come back healthy he will be a huge part of this team.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
He doesn't need to be great. He needs to feed the ball and make some shots, Baron will be what the Knicks need. There also shouldn't be too much of a rush for him to come back, the Knicks can win without him for now. Then when he's ready the Knicks will work on the ultimate goal.

Paul1355

All Star
Davis replaces Chauncey Billups, and with the addition of Chandler, Billups is a distant memory once Davis is healthy.

Davis has his ups and downs but put him with our lineup, and let him handle the basketball, and we have a solid starting 5.

Davis can pass in transition, which is sorely missed since Toney Douglas fails to accomplish this simple ability.

Davis can hit the three point shot, like Billups, and doesn't have to do so much on offense.

I can't wait to see him healthy.

P&R with Amare all day.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Al Ianazzone: D'Antoni again said Baron Davis' timetable is 4-8 weeks. He's rehabbing his back and not doing anything on the court.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
In my humble opinion, we are a legitimate contender if we get Baron fully healthy before the playoffs. I see him as one of the biggest x-factors in the entire league. People forget how talented he is and how dominant of a player he can be when he is motivated and healthy

iSaYughh

Starter
In my humble opinion, we are a legitimate contender if we get Baron fully healthy before the playoffs. I see him as one of the biggest x-factors in the entire league. People forget how talented he is and how dominant of a player he can be when he is motivated and healthy

Absolutely. And how could anyone deny us that status?

Baron
Shumpert-Fields-Douglas
Melo
Amare
Chandler

Jeffries, Jordan, Jorts, Novak, Balkman.

And we will absolutely be getting added artillery before playoffs. :peace:

Shumpert, Fields, Douglas could truly become a three headed monster of guards starting/coming off the bench. Champion style squad.

joegti10

Banned
Um, Baron Davis has a bulging disc in his back - he's done. People just don't return to normal from that...especially with age.

iSaYughh

Starter
Um, Baron Davis has a bulging disc in his back - he's done. People just don't return to normal from that...especially with age.

Lol. Dude, you don't know wtf you're talking about here.

You know what disk are injured? How badly they slipped and what vertebrae the said disks are infringing upon and what their referred pain is?

When the injury first happened, and when it first began treatment to heal?

But most importantly, how exactly does Baron Davis -- a star athlete in the NBA -- compare in any way to the "people" with general disk injuries in their back that you seem to be basing your judgement from?

We're all equal, but some of us are much more equal than others; Baron Davis, for once, is likely much more equal than almost anyone else on the planet when it comes to the human body.

joegti10

Banned
Lol. Dude, you don't know wtf you're talking about here.

You know what disk are injured? How badly they slipped and what vertebrae the said disks are infringing upon and what their referred pain is?

When the injury first happened, and when it first began treatment to heal?

But most importantly, how exactly does Baron Davis -- a star athlete in the NBA -- compare in any way to the "people" with general disk injuries in their back that you seem to be basing your judgement from?

We're all equal, but some of us are much more equal than others; Baron Davis, for once, is likely much more equal than almost anyone else on the planet when it comes to the human body.

You keep those rose colored glasses on and hope that Baron Davis comes back as the player he was a decade ago. He has a significant back injury.