GAME THREAD: Knicks at Kings

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
TONIGHT 11/16/07 10 pm EASTERN Time

Lets go knicks

First time Artest will play this season

All predictions, in game talk, and all other discussions go HERE.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
It will be Artests 2nd game, his first game was against Minnesota.

This is a winnable game and I wish Mike Bibby was playin so that Marbury can take him to school. On ESPN's NBA page, theres an insider rumor about Marbury being traded to Portland.

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/nba/index

Maybe Isiah wants Channing Frye back. Jus playin, Frye hasnt done shit so far this year. Hes doin exactly what hed be doin if he was still on the knicks, playing 15 to 20 minutes gettin 6 to 8 points and a couple of rebounds. What happened to this guy? He looked like a future all-star the 1st half of his rookie season.

nyKnicks126

Yeah but I dont like that trade.. LaFrantz and D Miles... They are not that good. and the knicks once again are goin to be carrying extra baggage.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Thats a terrible fu*kn trade!! Isnt Darius Miles still injured? Lafrentz plays good 20% of the time. Marbury is a top 10 point guard. Fuck Lafrentz, Miles, Jason williams, and mike bibby.

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
Curry didn't even try to box out.

Game. Blouses.

I know. Basics 101.

Crawford 27 shots and made 9.

People say marbury is the cancer, but look at this guy, he missed 18 shots, and a six footer near the end.

Trade Crawford and Curry for a Centre and defender

Richardson can go to for all i care.

marbury
rich
balk
lee
randolph

Another year of under achieving for the knicks 2-6. We should have beaten Sac and Miami.

Nate, Lee, and Marbury all played well. Curry played alright for the most of it, but it was all cancelled out when he missed that rebound

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
damn man, tough loss, so much opportunities, how that bullshyt they call on Q, but i aint blaming it on the refs, steph played a great game but its like what i said b4 sometimes it feels he not in da game, throughout the overtime he should have been taking it to udrih and doobie

metrocard

Legend
Marbury's defense was very clutch and excellent. David Lee was huge. I was impressed by Nate's energy. Kenny Smith said it best; Curry had a good game personally. Curry plays for himself, not the team.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
So many opportunities completely WASTED in the 2nd OT...

Later edit: check out the standings.. the only team with a bigger streak then ours, is Boston.. how can you not hate that!

Last edited:

pat

Starter
So many opportunities completely WASTED in the 2nd OT...

Later edit: check out the standings.. the only team with a bigger streak then ours, is Boston.. how can you not hate that!

Though, the good thing is that if the Knick continue to lose like this we will get rid of Marbury and Thomas very soon. I understand the whole situation as a case of "suffering for a brighter future".

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Report Card for Season so far:

1. I thought Lee spent the whole summer working on his jump shot? He had a fine "David Lee" game, but I see no improvement at all so far. This guy should be in the gym all day working on his mid range jumper. When he's done with that he should be lifting weights to strengthen his upper body.

2. QRich might try actually hitting a few mid range shots before he decides to hoist up another missed 3 pointer.

3. We are desperately missing Balkman's energy. He also needs to work on a mid range jumper, but he's a better overall player this year.

4. Crawford has his great nights, but he's not consistent and shouldn't be taking as many shots as he does on nights when they are clearly not falling.

5. The only time I notice Steph at crunch time is when he misses another shot.

6. THey have to keep pounding the ball into Curry (especially when Randolph in not playing). He's far from perfect, but he's still a high percentage scorer. He has 3 problems that I see.

a. He doesn't have a naturally high basketball IQ or good insticts. He still makes too many foolish mistakes. He's not that young anymore. This is inexcusable.

b. He still looks too soft to me. He should spend less time at Burger King and more time in the weight room. If he lost a few pounds he might be a little quicker without losing strength.

c. He doesn't jump. WTF is with that??? He's capable. I've seen it.

7. Honestly, the only player that has improved (besides Balkman) is Robinson. His outside shot is better, he has some heart, and he's playing at a more mature level.

8. If it wasn't for the addition of Randolph (who has been excellent so far), this team would be even worse than last year for the simple reason that everyine else got better and most of our young players have not developed much at all.

9. We would probably have won a couple of these close ones if we had Randolph and Balkman for all of them, but this is looking terrible so far.

10. Why is that every team other than the Knicks seems to run plays but the Knicks offense always looks random and chaotic except after a timeout when a play is drawn up??? Isiah, teach them something!!!!!!

paris401

Starter
imo (and everyone's got one) ron arest is a player... he mite be a total numb-skull off the court, but he comes to play...

if he is available, i'd trade just about anyone on the team for him...

nyKnicks126

Metro, you a kinda high when you watched that game? EC was the offense of the knicks yesterday... In addition your Starbury had a mediocre game. I have not lost my patience with this squad yet. Its only 4 games under 500. We will be back. Z Bo has to come back.. There really is no more excuses.... The only thing I am mad about is the pass made by D Lee to Eddy, he got fouled I saw it.... and he missed the easy lay up.... That is sad...

D Lee really kicked in yesterday!

metrocard

Legend
Metro, you a kinda high when you watched that game? EC was the offense of the knicks yesterday... In addition your Starbury had a mediocre game. I have not lost my patience with this squad yet. Its only 4 games under 500. We will be back. Z Bo has to come back.. There really is no more excuses.... The only thing I am mad about is the pass made by D Lee to Eddy, he got fouled I saw it.... and he missed the easy lay up.... That is sad...

D Lee really kicked in yesterday!

You obviously don't have access to watch the Knicks. Marbury played great defense for us.

Guess who had the WORST +/- in the game? Eddy Curry with -17.

If you watched the game, you would of seen we went on a run without him and got back in the game.

nyKnicks126

Marbury's defense was very clutch and excellent. David Lee was huge. I was impressed by Nate's energy. Kenny Smith said it best; Curry had a good game personally. Curry plays for himself, not the team.

lol. that is actually Marbury for you. Kenny Smith must have been smokin what you are... Fred Jones Defense was CLUTCH and EXCELLENT.. Towelhead in 44 minutes.... 15 pts.....4 assists lol.. That is a fuckin embrassment.. 118 point total for the knicks I give full credit for a good game to David Lee, Nate, EC, and Jamal....

:alert:David Lee 24 pts. 16 rebounds... That is sick!!!!:alert:

metrocard

Legend
lol. that is actually Marbury for you. Kenny Smith must have been smokin what you are... Fred Jones Defense was CLUTCH and EXCELLENT.. Towelhead in 44 minutes.... 15 pts.....4 assists lol.. That is a fuckin embrassment.. 118 point total for the knicks I give full credit for a good game to David Lee, Nate, EC, and Jamal....

:alert:David Lee 24 pts. 16 rebounds... That is sick!!!!:alert:

15 points and 4 assist is an embarrassment? Thats pretty above the average. Marbury does a great job guarding SG's. Marbury is the most elite in the NBA from the PG to defend bigger guards. Marbury's strength and footwork is great, always covering Martin, he really was a big factor in helping the Knicks get close.

Nope, Fred Jones was getting owned by Martin. Whenever Marbury was on Martin, Martin couldn't get open. Not getting open = forces the Kings to think of a new game plan. Defense isn't all about getting steals.

Crawford had a good game? You're officially gone cold the last month as a poster. You just haven't made any sense. Anyone who scores 24 points on 24 shots and plays terrible defense doesn't have a good game.

Has your little ass ever smoked? I could made more sense tripping off mushrooms than you being sober.

nyKnicks126

Yes I did have access to the game, 1:30 in the morning was not worth watchin that... One thing I saw, was Artest had something this team doesn't LEADERSHIP, almost all the guys on the floor went to him for advice, that is a player I WANT on the KNICKS. Defensive player, consistant, and can bring some LEADERSHIP here!

nyKnicks126

I know you hate Crawford you can't base your opinions on people you hate. I give you that Marbury might have had a better.. defensive game, but dont bilittle my opinions, and my methods of posting, you on the other hand have favorites on this team, and you will always stick to those guys even if they were 0-15 from the field, and slacked on the defensive end... You are having a cold YEAR.....