Billups ready to rock...

KingofNy

Starter
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/3329/melo-on-billups-i-think-hes-ready-to-rock

GREENBURGH, N.Y -- Carmelo Anthony initially had only a one-word answer when asked how Chauncey Billups looked at practice Saturday: "Fresh."

Upon further prompting, he elaborated:

"Fresh legs, man. He looked healthy, he said he felt good today. He showed it. He proved it. I think he's ready to rock," Anthony said. "I really don't like to put a percentage on anything, but he got up and down the full practice today. His leg is looking good, his shot is looking good, so hopefully he's ready to play tomorrow."

For more on Billups, click here to read today's news story on his status.

Also at practice Saturday, coach Mike D'Antoni was non-committal when asked who ranks higher on the depth chart: Roger Mason or Bill Walker.

Four games ago, with Walker sidelined by knee pain, Mason got his first meaningful minutes in months against Atlanta, and he has shot 5-for-12 from 3-point range since then after sitting on the league's worst field-goal percentage (.063) from Jan. 12 through Mar. 1.

"I finally got an opportunity and wanted to go out there and help the team," said Mason, who missed 15 of his first 16 shots this season. "I'll continue to be ready, and hopefully there's no looking back from here. I'm ready for the last push and to make a big contribution in the playoffs. That's what Donnie (Walsh) brought me here for. He brought me here to contribute, to be one of the guys who can help, especially come playoff time, and hopefully I'm able to do that."

The Knicks had all their players healthy at practice except for Anthony Carter, who was feeling ill.

Sunday's game against the reeling Indiana Pacers (losers of six straight) begins earlier than usual, at 6 p.m. EDT.

This is good news... Hopefully our D will improve slightly.

Great news for the Knicks. I'm starting the love our duo @ PG with Billups & Douglas.

We're playing .600 ball since the Melo trade. Thats without Billups for the most part too. The best of the Knicks has yet to come. I'm starting to feel we have a strong chance of flying high heading into the playoffs.

We all know D'Antoni loves to push the rock with the best of em, but it's been no secret that he's changed his offensive mind set with the additions of both Billups & Carmelo. It's just great to have Billups coming back. Dude is a veteran leader @ the PG position, runs a great half court set, has always been a true team leader, comes up big in the clutch, & his playoff & Finals experience as a former Finals MVP will become huge for us during the playoffs.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
YES! now we can get our starting 5 to practice and play together so they could form a chemistry of their own that way our whole team will be a force 1st & 2nd units. im interested to see how Douglas does off the bench when he returns i hope he maintains his form and continues to play well. off the bench that would be lethal

KingofNy

Starter
YES! now we can get our starting 5 to practice and play together so they could form a chemistry of their own that way our whole team will be a force 1st & 2nd units. im interested to see how Douglas does off the bench when he returns i hope he maintains his form and continues to play well. off the bench that would be lethal

I'm pretty excited as well. Billups can consistently score 20-30 points a night to go with Amare and Melo's nightly combined 50-60 points.

As for Douglas, he seems like he gets into a better rhythm as a starter. We definitely need him to keep his form and be a reliable backup PG/SG... We've won every game we've played where he's scored 20. I also like having Billups and him in at the same time for defensive purposes as they're a deadly combo defensively.