Kind of Dissapointed we passed up Faried...

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
This is one of the reasons.

I like Iman, but this guy brings some serious intensity and crashes the boards while throwing down some MONSTER Jams.

Gonna be great in Denver.

STAT1

Starter
This is one of the reasons.

I like Iman, but this guy brings some serious intensity and crashes the boards while throwing down some MONSTER Jams.

Gonna be great in Denver.

I'm with you dude. Although I have a feeling if he ever tried that throw off the backboard self alley oop dunk playing for MDA he'd find himself benched for the rest of the season. :rolleyes:

plase tell me you arent attempting to make a logical argument on behalf of this guy, by posting a video of some ratty gym session with a bunch of non professional 6 foot 5 pick up ballers.

this guy is 6 foot 7 ... 225 lbs....an athletic freak, but cannot shoot, and in the NBA, being 6 foot 7 with only throw back moves, and jumping ability, you get forced to the outside you wont play if you cant make that jump shot.

it will take 3-5 years before this guys truly makes an impact in the NBA; with Amare and Melo playing his respective position SF/PF on the NBA level; there was no reason to draft him, just so he can come in and run around the court 15 minutes a game

I firmly believe Iman will fit out needs better than an undersized, under skilled, over hyped PF in a SF's body.

who also played in a terrible college conference against terrible competition, for a weak school in Morehead state.

have you ever seen the teams he went up against all year ?

Austin Peay, Asbury, Kent State, Binghampton, Se mo state,

come on man

half those teams would have trouble with top level Division 3 teams in this country.

Shumpert dropped 30 points, on UNC, 24 and 20 on wake forest, almost had a quadruple double against virginia tech.

There is no comparing a player who played against real division 1 opponents all year at georgia tech, and a player who played against the worst teams in the entire NCAA at morehead state.

just get over it.

we took the best player available for our needs. and dont get me started on singleton, a guy who has no position, has long arms; and cant shoot, but is also too small to be a legit PF, but too slow to be a Legit SF; he will go real far in todays NBA where you are either a legit SF or a legit PF if you get stuck in between, you get burnt going to the basket, or you get crushed in the post.

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
plase tell me you arent attempting to make a logical argument on behalf of this guy, by posting a video of some ratty gym session with a bunch of non professional 6 foot 5 pick up ballers.

this guy is 6 foot 7 ... 225 lbs....an athletic freak, but cannot shoot, and in the NBA, being 6 foot 7 with only throw back moves, and jumping ability, you get forced to the outside you wont play if you cant make that jump shot.

it will take 3-5 years before this guys truly makes an impact in the NBA; with Amare and Melo playing his respective position SF/PF on the NBA level; there was no reason to draft him, just so he can come in and run around the court 15 minutes a game

I firmly believe Iman will fit out needs better than an undersized, under skilled, over hyped PF in a SF's body.

who also played in a terrible college conference against terrible competition, for a weak school in Morehead state.

come on man

half those teams would have trouble with top level Division 3 teams in this country.

Shumpert dropped 30 points, on UNC, 24 and 20 on wake forest, almost had a quadruple double against virginia tech.

There is no comparing a player who played against real division 1 opponents all year at georgia tech, and a player who played against the worst teams in the entire NCAA at morehead state.

just get over it.

we took the best player available for our needs. and dont get me started on singleton, a guy who has no position, has long arms; and cant shoot, but is also too small to be a legit PF, but too slow to be a Legit SF; he will go real far in todays NBA where you are either a legit SF or a legit PF if you get stuck in between, you get burnt going to the basket, or you get crushed in the post.

I wasn't comparing Faried to Iman, they are two completely different players.

Obviously this video was Faried against a bunch of undersized midgets, that's why it was so fun to watch. Faried IS a freak athlete who can jump out of the gym, a bit undersized for his postition but plays bigger than he is the way he can rebound.

He is a project, won't make an impact right away- (Never said he would) I'm not knocking the Iman pick, I think he fits in perfect for what we need matching up against guys like LeBron, Wade, Ray Allen etc. but if I was the guy in charge of making the pick over again I would have taken Faried.

Love the guy's potential, energy and ability to crash the boards.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I wasn't comparing Faried to Iman, they are two completely different players.

Obviously this video was Faried against a bunch of undersized midgets, that's why it was so fun to watch. Faried IS a freak athlete who can jump out of the gym, a bit undersized for his postition but plays bigger than he is the way he can rebound.

He is a project, won't make an impact right away- (Never said he would) I'm not knocking the Iman pick, I think he fits in perfect for what we need matching up against guys like LeBron, Wade, Ray Allen etc. but if I was the guy in charge of making the pick over again I would have taken Faried.

Love the guy's potential, energy and ability to crash the boards.

And that my friend is why non of us run professional basketball teams.

Kiyaman

Legend

come on man

just get over it.

Iman was not the best player available.....Iman was not a need
as much as Kenneth Faried would be for the Knicks.
The 6.7 Kenneth Faried compliments Amare & Billups performance 100
times better than Shumpert or Melo.
If u ever watched Joe Johnson & Amare or J.Richardson & Amare then
u would know the type of SG Amare got to the WCF.
Amare & Melo needed a consistent rebounder on their previous teams....

Kiyaman

Legend
Kenneth Faried shouldve been our 17th pick.
Amare, Melo, and Turiaf are not consistent rebounders

It is a shame how lame these new members in the forum has become since having a BUM Damnphony as the headcoach.

I would have taken Faried too!

Draft Faried and trade Fields and Walker for Mayo to adress both needs, (rebounding and the SG position).

Shumpert is not a bad player, but he's a guy you add to a contending roster that's 97% complete and just needs a great backcourt defender.

A player that makes sense for the Mavs or Bulls, not for us. We need rebounding, frontcourt- defense and a backup playmaker first. THEN we can talk about little adjustments on the roster to get that final 3-4%...

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Tell that to Minnesota

This was seriously funny, lol.

Plus I don't know why people are so in love with Faried. He's a great rebounder...that's it. He's under 6'8''....what need does that fill for us? We already have Derrick Brown...let's draft another athletic tweener? Uhhh, the **** for? Resigning UPS will be cheaper than the 4 year commitment and cap hold of a first round pick...people...come on.

Yea, STAT & Melo are going to carry the majority of the bulk on offense, but why do we want to constantly surround them with dudes who are allergic to offense? Do people really think that 2 dudes alone will get it done? Why not surround them with quality talent and then coach the team up on the defensive end and slow down the offense, both will lead to more rebounds. Melo is one of the better rebounding 3's out there. I'm not sure why Kiya thinks he's a weak rebounder...but if your SF is gonna grab 7-8 boards a game, you take that and hush.

A 6'7'' tweener that can rebound..because we need help rebounding? Really? What about a philosophical change to the system so that way we stop creating so many extra rebounds on the offensive end, and actually give the team a chance to get back on D. And I mean really get back on D...being in a position to stop the ball.....people love to say "oh well...Toney was really the only one who ran back on D" but running back when the ball was actually coming up the court isn't the best transition D. How many times do you see the Celtics running back, trying to chase/keep up with the ball in transition? They take their high percentage shot and just get back...they're practically waiting for you to advance the ball. A style change will do a lot more than a 6'7'' dude with dreds.

This was seriously funny, lol.

Plus I don't know why people are so in love with Faried. He's a great rebounder...that's it. He's under 6'8''....what need does that fill for us? We already have Derrick Brown...let's draft another athletic tweener? Uhhh, the **** for? Resigning UPS will be cheaper than the 4 year commitment and cap hold of a first round pick...people...come on.

Yea, STAT & Melo are going to carry the majority of the bulk on offense, but why do we want to constantly surround them with dudes who are allergic to offense? Do people really think that 2 dudes alone will get it done? Why not surround them with quality talent and then coach the team up on the defensive end and slow down the offense, both will lead to more rebounds. Melo is one of the better rebounding 3's out there. I'm not sure why Kiya thinks he's a weak rebounder...but if your SF is gonna grab 7-8 boards a game, you take that and hush.

A 6'7'' tweener that can rebound..because we need help rebounding? Really? What about a philosophical change to the system so that way we stop creating so many extra rebounds on the offensive end, and actually give the team a chance to get back on D. And I mean really get back on D...being in a position to stop the ball.....people love to say "oh well...Toney was really the only one who ran back on D" but running back when the ball was actually coming up the court isn't the best transition D. How many times do you see the Celtics running back, trying to chase/keep up with the ball in transition? They take their high percentage shot and just get back...they're practically waiting for you to advance the ball. A style change will do a lot more than a 6'7'' dude with dreds.

what about the 29 or so other teams that passed on this guy....

Doesnt every body trying to compete need rebounding and defense.

People were smart

they dont want another Gerald Wallace who they will have to wait 5 years before you see the true product of your drafting.

This guy is going to suck, and ill bet you Sigs, Rep Points, you name it that by his second season he will barely make an impace on the nuggets.

he will be that crowd favorite, an over blown Balkman, who can do the hustle stuff randomly, but in a pinch will be riding the pine because he shoots 57 pct from the FT line.

Again

Shumpert is going to shock every one and I cant wait for it.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Kenneth Faried shouldve been our 17th pick.
Amare, Melo, and Turiaf are not consistent rebounders

It is a shame how lame these new members in the forum has become since having a BUM Damnphony as the headcoach.

How much PT would he actually have gotten though? Squat - even if MD wasn't our coach. You're right about D'Ant being a 'tard, but whether or not Faried was the right pick can't be determined until he's played.

Regardless of who drafted him, Faried is a ?

I think Iman was a better choice because we needed Defense at the PG/SG positions. I know we sucked in rebounding but that was mainly the coaches fault. We were hardly in the right position on defense. And on the other end... a great many of them were rushed long ball shots, that created long offensive rebounds. I don't care if you are D.Rodman...you are not going to get many boards if the ball bounces hard off of the rim. In this league, you can basically coach up any tall dude to fill the lane and jump for the rebound. It's not like we need a scorer down low. We needed someone that can come in right away and make an impact on the game.

STAT1

Starter

come on man

just get over it.

It doesn't take a jump shot to be a successful player in the NBA. Guys like Ben Wallace & Dennis Rodman have carved out terrific NBA careers by just being supreme hustle players with a motor & relentless nose for the ball that not many of their peers had, & neither one of them could hit the side of a backboard if their lives depended on it. I see no reason why a guy like Faried can't follow in their footsteps. Not saying he's 100% gonna have a borderline Hall of Fame career, but who's to say he can't be what those guys were either? You telling me the Knicks couldn't use a high energy rebounder, shotblocker & low post defensive player that can run the break & finish with the best of them? But you're probably right he would likely see very limited minutes playing for a coach so obsessed with players that can knock down a 3 pt shot.

I'm not trying to knock the Iman Shumpert pick, I don't know nearly enough about him to criticize him at this point. What I do question is why they chose to ignore their obvious need for defensive players in the frontcourt & instead chose to shore up the depth at a position that we weren't all that weak in to begin with. Did we really need to draft another G when we already have Chauncey, Douglas, Landry, Walker & Rautins all under contract for next season? Who is our frontcourt right now? STAT & a gimpy Ronnie Turiaf? At least we bought the rights to Josh Harrellson so I'm optimistic but we are far from deep in our frontcourt. (I'm factoring Melo more as a swing player because he spends a lot of time on the outside in this offense). Don't even factor Jerome Jordan into the equation until we see if he even makes the squad.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Crazy⑧s;183945 said:
How much PT would he actually have gotten though? Squat - even if MD wasn't our coach. You're right about D'Ant being a 'tard, but whether or not Faried was the right pick can't be determined until he's played.

Regardless of who drafted him, Faried is a ?

First, I dont see the services of Dantoni being here much longer.
Two, our frontcourt is weak weak weak, and it been that way
for far to long. Our Guards showed little weakness lastseason.
Three, I see a (NBA-Ready) Kenneth Faried as a fast athletic
"Big-Baby" used the sameway coach Doc Rivers have Baby in
the rotation with SF-Pierce, PF-KG, and C-Perkins.
Four, do u think Kenneth Faried would get playingtime in Miami?
Five, the best winning combination of (scorer) PF & SF this decade
were Lakers "Gasol & Odom" and the Celtics "KG & Pierce" however,
both teams have a Star-closer as their SG (Ray & Kobe).
Six, I dont see Iman Shumpert talent above TD or Fields for playintime.
I guess Iman will be competing with Walker & Rautins for playingtime.

Kiyaman

Legend
It doesn't take a jump shot to be a successful player in the NBA. Guys like Ben Wallace & Dennis Rodman have carved out terrific NBA careers by just being supreme hustle players with a motor & relentless nose for the ball that not many of their peers had, & neither one of them could hit the side of a backboard if their lives depended on it. I see no reason why a guy like Faried can't follow in their footsteps. Not saying he's 100% gonna have a borderline Hall of Fame career, but who's to say he can't be what those guys were either? You telling me the Knicks couldn't use a high energy rebounder, shotblocker & low post defensive player that can run the break & finish with the best of them? But you're probably right he would likely see very limited minutes playing for a coach so obsessed with players that can knock down a 3 pt shot.

I'm not trying to knock the Iman Shumpert pick, I don't know nearly enough about him to criticize him at this point. What I do question is why they chose to ignore their obvious need for defensive players in the frontcourt & instead chose to shore up the depth at a position that we weren't all that weak in to begin with. Did we really need to draft another G when we already have Chauncey, Douglas, Landry, Walker & Rautins all under contract for next season? Who is our frontcourt right now? STAT & a gimpy Ronnie Turiaf? At least we bought the rights to Josh Harrellson so I'm optimistic but we are far from deep in our frontcourt. (I'm factoring Melo more as a swing player because he spends a lot of time on the outside in this offense). Don't even factor Jerome Jordan into the equation until we see if he even makes the squad.

:agreed::agreed::agreed:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I dunno. When the Knicks drafted Shumpert I was wondering if that meant that they were going to trade Toney Douglas because even though he has a 3-point shot he's still a SG trapped in a PG body whereas Shumpert is capable of being a true PG. But they never traded Douglas, so I guess there was something in Faried's game that Walsh didn't like.

We sure could have used a rebounder, though. But at the very least we addressed ONE need that we had, which was backcourt defense.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I think Iman was a better choice because we needed Defense at the PG/SG positions. I know we sucked in rebounding but that was mainly the coaches fault. We were hardly in the right position on defense. And on the other end... a great many of them were rushed long ball shots, that created long offensive rebounds. I don't care if you are D.Rodman...you are not going to get many boards if the ball bounces hard off of the rim. In this league, you can basically coach up any tall dude to fill the lane and jump for the rebound. It's not like we need a scorer down low. We needed someone that can come in right away and make an impact on the game.

Tell that to David Lee who averaged nearly 11 boards under this coach in the same system with less consistent long range shooting.

The reasons you don't draft Faried are simple...he will get next to no playing time behind Melo and STAT and can't play the center at 6'7". Iman was a way better pick, filled a need and he has the potential to be an impact player right away.

moneyg

Starter
I dunno. When the Knicks drafted Shumpert I was wondering if that meant that they were going to trade Toney Douglas because even though he has a 3-point shot he's still a SG trapped in a PG body whereas Shumpert is capable of being a true PG. But they never traded Douglas, so I guess there was something in Faried's game that Walsh didn't like.

We sure could have used a rebounder, though. But at the very least we addressed ONE need that we had, which was backcourt defense.

i would have like to buy a 1st round pick and draft faried along with iman at 17.. i can only assume that td will be traded at some point to shore up the center position possibly to PHX for lopez