Chandler-Gallo-Melo

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Do you think this could work while keeping good enough minutes for everybody?

The problem might be loaded in a position. I really wanna bring this topic up. I'm just so excited about this team right now I don't want to trade any of these guys nor do I want them to sign somewhere else.

NYK4Lyfe

Rookie
IMO, if melo is only willing to sign an extension with the Knicks then there is no point in trading for him. I would rather let this season play out with the team we have and then add melo in the off-season and let Dantoni deal with the rotation. If walsh and mike d feel one guy has to go then make a move later on. A team has never complained about being too talented

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
If Melo comes to New York, it will be impossible to keep both Gallo and Chandler as well so the point is moot. However, if I had to choose what piece to give up I would say Gallo, cuz Chandler can either slide to the 4 o come off the bench and still be very effective. Gallo cannot play the 4 or the 2 and does not provide any real versatility to come off the bench.

iSaYughh

Starter
Do you think this could work while keeping good enough minutes for everybody?

The problem might be loaded in a position. I really wanna bring this topic up. I'm just so excited about this team right now I don't want to trade any of these guys nor do I want them to sign somewhere else.

Yes. And I think Fields can, as well; though obv one of Fields/Gallo/Chandler would need to take on a 6th man role. Where they'd be the first sub in for the 2, 3, and even 4 slots occasionally.

Someone would likely sacrifice some of the minutes they currently get, but it would still be good minutes for everyone.

Problem is the above post, though. We may really not be able to sign Melo and re-sign Chandler. That's the latest word flowing about (but personally I'm not 100 that it's absolute fact). It may very well be, though.

If we had to give up Chandler or Gallo, as an either or, Gallo could make more sense, if not just bc Chandler can play the 4 better right now bc of how well shaped his game currently is. Though I don't see why Gallo essentially can't, and he seems to have been able to, so...

I wouldn't be surprised if we try to throw in pieces like Moz into a deal w DEN or someone if not to just help our cap situation.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
If Melo comes to New York, it will be impossible to keep both Gallo and Chandler as well so the point is moot. However, if I had to choose what piece to give up I would say Gallo, cuz Chandler can either slide to the 4 o come off the bench and still be very effective. Gallo cannot play the 4 or the 2 and does not provide any real versatility to come off the bench.

Yeah, if there really is no way to keep both Chandler and Gallo, then Gallo is obviously the odd man out. Chandler is too versatile and his overall game is just better than Gallo's. Chandler can play the 4 well and even the 2 in a pinch. Also, he's a guy who could be a sixth man of the year candidate for years to come. And Melo is basically just a better, more well-rounded, slightly weaker 3 point shooting version of Gallo.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Why should we wait until next July to have a better chance at Melo? So we could receive a thousand tweets from Chris Broussard telling us how all NBA teams minus the Knicks are the preferred destination for Melo's camp to go to?

I'm sorry, but there is something about free agents signing with the Knicks that worries me.Carmelo Anthony might want to play for the Knicks now, but I don't understand how Knick fans could feel so certain that he won't change his mind by next summer.

Haven't we learned our lesson from superstar athletes over the years? A lot of them tenaciously change their minds and base most of their long term decisions on how they feel at the moment.Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd and Chris Paul were all players that looked like they were on the verge of leaving their current teams but ended up staying put when all was said and done.

Just because Carmelo Anthony has waited this long to sign his extension doesn't mean that he won't end up re-signing with Denver.Didn't it take Kobe Bryant a lot longer to make his decision with the Lakers even though there were times in which he was uncertain about continuing his career in Los Angeles?

I believe that the Knicks' best chance to have Melo on their team is now.A lot can happen in 7 months and I wouldn't take the risk if Melo changing his mind if I were Donnie Walsh.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
I wanna see how this team does for now before trading for melo. Either way there isn't any point of trading for someone who's gunna come here anyway. If he doesn't sign an extension and signs with the knicks we'll probably be the most elite team in the nba.

Felton
Melo
Gallo
Chandler
Amare

Turiaf, Fields, Douglas, AR(after a season, should be better, if not trade him)

That's a legit 9 man rotation...

la2ny

Starter
Why should we wait until next July to have a better chance at Melo? So we could receive a thousand tweets from Chris Broussard telling us how all NBA teams minus the Knicks are the preferred destination for Melo's camp to go to?

I'm sorry, but there is something about free agents signing with the Knicks that worries me.Carmelo Anthony might want to play for the Knicks now, but I don't understand how Knick fans could feel so certain that he won't change his mind by next summer.

Haven't we learned our lesson from superstar athletes over the years? A lot of them tenaciously change their minds and base most of their long term decisions on how they feel at the moment.Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd and Chris Paul were all players that looked like they were on the verge of leaving their current teams but ended up staying put when all was said and done.

Just because Carmelo Anthony has waited this long to sign his extension doesn't mean that he won't end up re-signing with Denver.Didn't it take Kobe Bryant a lot longer to make his decision with the Lakers even though there were times in which he was uncertain about continuing his career in Los Angeles?

I believe that the Knicks' best chance to have Melo on their team is now.A lot can happen in 7 months and I wouldn't take the risk if Melo changing his mind if I were Donnie Walsh.
a lot of those players you named never wanted to be knicks at all. this situation looks to me to be different.

The kobe situation also was different. Kobe never wanted out of LA,he just wanted to win and at the time they passed up a chance to get J.Kidd for Bynum which seemed like bullshit at the time because Bynum was behind Chris Mihm on the depth chart. Then when 08 came around the young players on the team came around after workin on their games all summer. Bynum was almost averaging 20-10, vujacic was bombing,Farmar,Radmonovic, etc and they got off to a 26-14 start to the season Kobe started gettin MVP recognition and then Drew went down an the Grizz gave em Pau for some bubblelicous and a tic tac.

Now the Knicks can pull a LA and give Denver a pack of socks(randolph/pick), a cock(gallo), and a ham(curry)

RunningJumper

Super Moderator

Thing is our team has been playing very well and winning. Melo won't be the only player available next off-season.