What Starbury Haters Must Realize

With all the recent talk about our point guard stephon marbury, a few things have come to my mind.

In the offseason, Stephon Marbury has been constantly criticized by his haters becasue they seem to think he is not giving a full effort in preparing for the upcoming season. Marbury has previously stated that he has been "running through mountains" to prepare for the 08-09 season. Haters ASSUME that he has not been preparing. This is an ASSUMPTION and cannot be proven by FACTS. However, this somehow still leads to HATE from Marbury haters.

Now, lets take a look at our power forward Zach Randolph. His off seaon workout has not exactly been helpful to himslef or the Knicks. First, it was revealed that Randolph was taking part in Club Fighting. This has been proven by FACTUAL DATA. Second, it has now been proven that Randolph will skip the team's workout in Las Vegas. Instead, he chose to throw a party in Indiana. These offseason activities do not (a) improve his defensive skills (b) improve his health or (c) get him to be a better basketball player. Now, Zach Randolph's offseason "preparation" has been proven by FACTS. Yet, does not lead to any hate, unlike Stephon Marbury.

Next, lets look at On-Court Leadership.

Stephon Marbury has sacrificed his shot attempts in order for his teammates to get the oppurtunity to score. This sentece alone is nothing but oppinion. But with FACTUAL DATA, this sentence turns into a FACT. (Factual Data):

Number of Stephon Marbury shots attempted in the 2006-07 season: 952
Number of Eddy Curry shots attempted in the 2006-07 season: 1016
Number of Stephon Marbury Assists in the 06-07 season: 403

Now, lets look at some stats of Zach Randolph.
Assists in 07-08: 140
Shot Attempts in 07-08: 1058

Also, it is a FACT that Stephon Marbury is not known to start on court fights.
What is also a FACT is that Zach Randolph threw a bottle at his own teammate in the huddle in overtime of a game vs. the wizards. But, once again, this has not lead to any major HATE.

What Starbury haters need to realize is that there are larger problems on this team then Stephon Marbury. Also, there are more valid arguments to be made about players on this team other then Stephon. Stephon Marbury is not the bad guy on this team. Remember, the reason Steph got surjury and sacrificed last season, which was going no where anyway, so that he can be 100% for the 2008-09 season, where with Isiah Thomas gone, there would be a much greater chance of winning.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
great thread.

Its a mystery to me, i dont know why they all chose to hate marbury and blame him. They wanna talk about bad character i think they need to point the finger at zach randolph. If they wanna talk about losing games they need to point the finger at crawford. But somehow marbury ends up being the scapegoat for everything.

metrocard

Legend
My question to everyone is:

Who can deny the solid facts and research the thread starter presented?
Unless you want to be ignorant like someone and be like "THAT DOESN'T MEAN SHIT!!! GRRR IM STUPDID" -LJ4PtPlay

GetRealistic

Starter
My Question why couldn't this be posted in one of the 100 other Marbury related threads. Somebody should take that sig guy up on being a mod.

GetRealistic

Starter
Can't wait for team "starburys" self imposed two month walk off the site after the buyout. What will you guys call yourself after hes gone? I'm sure during your two month hiatous you would be able to come up with something atleast slightly clever.

metrocard

Legend
Can't wait for team "starburys" self imposed two month walk off the site after the buyout. What will you guys call yourself after hes gone? I'm sure during your two month hiatous you would be able to come up with something atleast slightly clever.

Team that buyout was ****ed up.

Starks

Starter
Please, just one Marbury thread.

The other Marbury threads from yesterday were closed by KO.com becuase that is how outrageous this is getting.

Rady- make a public statement and start suspending users on both side of the marbury war...closing threads has no effect it seems.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
is that all anti-starburys can say? Stats dont count? that seems to be the answer every time this comes up.

It's a fact. Wilt Chamberlin has better #'s than Bill Russell hand's down it's not even ****ing close...and yet Russell not Chamberlin is considered the greatest Center of all TIME.

Why?

10 championships.

PERIOD!

Want another?

Oscar Robertson greater player than Magic Johnson could ever be...yet don't get nowhere near the admiration Magic gets...strictly in terms of on the court prowess? Why?

Magic has more championships.

Julius Erving...very well may have been the GREATEST NBA PLAYER OF ALL TIME....whose considered greater than him?

MICHEAL JORDAN...6 CHAMPIONSHIPS TO HIS 3..( 2 FROM THE ABA)

SO YES STATS DON'T ****ING COUNT!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
So Marbury is great because he's great in FANTASY LEAGUES? Where stats count...fact that he's a loser has no bearing.

At least marbury can say hes been to the playoffs 4 times. He hasnt been the #1 option for a couple years, why call him a loser? If your gonna do that you have the call the whole team losers which at this point i would agree but i think some of them have potential to do better if they had better circumstances. Our biggest individual loser is clearly jamal crawford closely followed by Eddy Curry.

Marburys career has been great statistically...but he hasnt had much of an oppertunity to prove himself the last couple of years because of a lack of support. Not too many if any nba stars could make this team look good. In 2006-07 Marbury didnt have one of his best statistical years but in the opinion of some he had his best year because he stepped up his defense and showed alotta heart. Where did it get is? It almost got us to the playoffs but is it marburys fault that we missed the playoffs? Fukk no the blame goes 100% to Isiah thomas for bringing in a supporting cast of clowns like Eddy curry, jamal crawford and jared jeffries.

Oscar Robertson>>>Tragic Johnson

stephon marbury = decline
stephon marbury = not top ten point gaurd
stephon marbury = 22 million coming off the books
stephon marbury = drama with every coach he ever played for
stephon marbury = 31 years old
stephon marbury = never won a playoff series
stephon marbury = not a New York York Knick beyond this season

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i gotta question: WHy the hell was this thread made???Like forreal, since when the hell did we like zach randolph anyway??We all know he's not the greatest teammate

Starks

Starter
i gotta question: WHy the hell was this thread made???Like forreal, since when the hell did we like zach randolph anyway??We all know he's not the greatest teammate

I think if people were required to post their age in the start of every post, you'll see why.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think this is a great thread. GoKnicksDLee42 provided some excellent facts that were undeniable to the Marbury haters.
:gony:

I'm disappointed that Zach Randolph isn't going to training camp. He was quoted as hard working, by the Blazers organization, following the Knicks' trade for Randolph(it's hard for you to average 23 and 10 and not be hardworking). During an interview with Gus Johnson, he said that he was going to work hard, and he also mentioned that he was a changed man. In the 07-08 season, he showed up to practice daily, and he even tried to play through his injuries. Now he wants to get lazy. Randolph must really be stupid. If he shows up to the Knick pre season out of shape, Walsh needs to pull the trigger on his fat a$$ and send him to the Grizzlies. I still think Curry and Richardson need to go before Randolph, because they've already shown their true fat selves, but if Randolph wants to start slacking like Curry and Richardson, then let them all find a home with the Memphis Grizzlies, Seattle Supersonics, and the Minnesota Timerwolves(3 teams expected not to make the playoffs next year) so that they could learn to appreciate what they have in New York.

umynot

Benchwarmer
Marbury is are ONLY STAR PLAYER!! He has not lived to the hype as a Knick but he is are only STAR!

Haters can say what they want about him but none of it is sensible! He has not won on this level but till this year neither did Pual Peirce!

Skills wise hands down are only star player! Cutting him with new management and a new system is just not smart! Give him the chance to show his skills! And maybe D'Antoni can best use his skills!

If that does not work then decide if you want to cut him!

Allen

Benchwarmer
There is no doubt that Marbury, I hate calling him "starbury", has the talent to be a great player when his head is screwed on right. However, the problem is his head is only right every other day/game, as the case may be.

We've heard all this BS about this being Marbury's "year" before. We heard it when Wilkens was around and then Larry Brown, then when Isiah took over. I'll believe this will be Marbury's year when I see it. That being said, we're not going win this year anyway and this being Marbury's last year, whether he stays or not is immaterial. The point being we have to move on without him.