Do you ever regret the day you became a Knicks fan?

knicksin60

Starter
With the way this team has been playing throughout the past year it will probably be another 10 or 15 years until this franchise gets going in the right direction. Jim Dolan isn't going to sell the Knicks before he takes his last breath and as long as he owns them they will have rosters that are plagued with over paid losing players who lack heart, chemistry, toughness and a winning mentality.

There was a time in which I loved watching this team. During the days of Ewing, Oakley, Starks, Sprewell, and Camby this team never use to fail to play tough every game and beat teams on a consistent basis. Even if their chances of winning an NBA championship weren't great back then they were far from being the laughing stock or joke of the NBA. I felt that I was entitled as a Knicks fan to root for a team that was guaranteed to make the playoffs every year and win a round or two.

But going through the years of Scott Layden, Isiah Thomas, and Mike D'antoni it has made me question why I became a Knicks fan in the first place and why I've gone almost 11 years of my life having this false hope that the Knicks would some how become half the team that attracted me to them. All they have caused their fans throughout this time period is disappointment, heartache and depression. This team seems like they have been purposely created to cause people misery.

goNYgo

Rookie
These threads and posts are becoming more and more pathetic by the minute. I can only imagine what will happen if the losing streak hits 10 games. Just switch teams if you feel like you're wasting time with the Knicks.:barf:

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Do you ever regret the day you became a Knicks fan?

201665_o.gif

Archetype

Rookie
nah, i atleast get some pleasure out of watchin antoni make a fool outta himself as well as watchin melo n amare play heartless

knicksin60

Starter
What is the purpose of rooting for a team if you already know that recent history proves that getting your hopes up for this team will result in you getting your heart broken?

From NJ, always been a Knicks fan. As a little kid I watched the Miami battles in the 90s. Starks was my favorite player. Then they were beyond awful and I didn't follow them much for a while because it was too painful. Started getting into them more last season & then even more when Lin happened.

A 6 game losing streak does not make me regret anything. I suppose if you were hardcore in 2000s when they were embarrassing, and now they're bad even with talent, you might be frustrated. But I believe this current team has too much talent to continue playing like this.

This group of guys they have now will be winners. Just wait. It might be with a different coach, I don't know, but they will put it together. Too much talent not to. That I believe.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't regret being a Knick fan, because I'm from New York. This is my team. It wouldn't feel right supporting the Lakers or Spurs in New York.

I don't think the Knicks are 10-15 years from being elite. They can be elite next year, IF AND ONLY IF Antoni get replaced by a defensive minded coach AND someone gets traded. Somebody has to go. For chemistry purposes, most of the roster should be left intact, but one of these players has to get moved.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I regret coming into this thread as soon as i saw "do you regret being a knicks fan"

I regret the hiring of dantoni & the 100 mill signing of Amare and that is all.

oh yeah i regret us not getting Crawford because we didn't want to give up toney douglas.

wait wait wait

I regret Isiah Thomas as our head coach to ok im done.

wian

Benchwarmer
All they have caused their fans throughout this time period is disappointment, heartache and depression. This team seems like they have been purposely created to cause people misery.

as i said in an earlier thread, try supporting My side in the Australian Football League the Western Bulldogs

No Championships in my lifetime, and only one since the start of the competition in 1925, that being the 1954 Premiership

I think in light of that, Knicks fans , including myself , can celebrate 2 well earned titles !:afro::gony:

The Boston Redsox took 80 odd years to break the drought, so hopefully my Knicks and my Bulldogs will do it soon :peace:

Eman

Benchwarmer
Born and raised in Queens, so no, I don't regret being a fan, but it can, umm, be difficult at times.

lookgrabpull

Benchwarmer
No. I'd rather this than being a bandwagon Kobe-Lakers fan or a MJ-Chicago fan. My hero was Ewing and I wouldn't trade it for a thousand rings.

It's tough most of the time, but when we do eventually get that ring or even make a deep run, it would be a million times sweeter!!!