Three Willy Offered $980K

Do you want 3 Willy back in O&B?

• Yep. Paul's become an illegitimate chance. Get him back.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Nope. Save the cash for unforeseen future transactions.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 1 year. Keep him as a trade chip.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • My anus is killing me!

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Small forward Shawne Williams, a huge revelation last season, won?t be at training camp tomorrow when it opens, still unsigned. The Knicks have offered him a one-year deal at the minimum, $980,000, but he has a couple of more lucrative offers. The Nets have inquired. ... The Knicks have interest in re-signing young forward Derrick Brown, who was signed in March but rarely played. ... Amar?e Stoudemire and Chauncey Billups are expected to report to voluntary workouts today, the last day of such get-togethers.

PLAYERPROFILES15a.jpg
NYKPLAYERPROFILE_BROWNv2.jpg

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...#ixzz1fxpkyPkp

Goodbye, Shawne.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Crazy⑧s;188437 said:
Small forward Shawne Williams, a huge revelation last season, won?t be at training camp tomorrow when it opens, still unsigned. The Knicks have offered him a one-year deal at the minimum, $980,000, but he has a couple of more lucrative offers. The Nets have inquired. ... The Knicks have interest in re-signing young forward Derrick Brown, who was signed in March but rarely played. ... Amar?e Stoudemire and Chauncey Billups are expected to report to voluntary workouts today, the last day of such get-togethers.

PLAYERPROFILES15a.jpg
NYKPLAYERPROFILE_BROWNv2.jpg

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...#ixzz1fxpkyPkp

Goodbye, Shawne.

$980k? SMH. And they offered Jeffries $1.4mil. What the ****.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Jesus. I didn't even consider that. Is that one of the harbingers of the apocalypse? That is so ****ed!

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Tell me about it. I think its a disrespectful move by the Knicks. The guy was great for us and played with passion. $980k. WOW.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Damn, the guy said he'll take anything, and they offer him the lowest possible, so much for giving the man a little something extra for his genuine appreciation of being accepted and wanting to play with us.

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't offer him that much more than the minimum. His three point shooting fell back to earth quickly after the all-star break.

portega1968

El Cacique
LJ4ptplay our inhouse capologist, correct me if Im wrong, but I think if we are over the cap, and with no MLE after amnestying Billups, all we can offer anyone like Shawne is the vet minimum or can we offer him more than that because he is our free agent?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
We keep our full mid-level exceptions rights until our salary crosses a $74M level, which is $4M over the luxury tax threshold. Chandler earns some $14M during his first season with the Knicks and if we trade/amnesty Billups and trade Turiaf's $4M deal for a draft pick then even with Brown and Jeffries contracts we're just below a $58M salary.

nyk_nyk

All Star
All these things will fall into place once TC signs on the dotted line. The right way to do things is to get your highest paid players in place first then focus on the smaller salaries.

The JJ deal was done early because Damphony was looking out for his butt buddy.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Whats with this no MLE shit, we started the season over the cap we can still use the MLE for one signing that takes us over the cap

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Whats with this no MLE shit, we started the season over the cap we can still use the MLE for one signing that takes us over the cap

I think if we use the amnesty we cant use the MLE... its one or the other, not both

portega1968 is right. We do not have the full MLE because we amnestied Billups, taking us below the cap. We cannot spend the $12 mil in cap space we obtained from the amnesty and then spend another $5 mil.

We do have the mini-MLE available to us though. The mini-MLE is reserved for teams under the cap. This is $2.5 mil.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Once again, for those who didn't really follow that CBA roundabout: the 2011/12 luxury tax threshold is set at $70.3M, the full mid-level exception is available for all non taxpayers which means for all teams with cap under $70.3M; our salary cap without Billups' contract wiped off the books and Turiaf's $4M deal being traded and with Chandler's contract of $14M this season, Jeffries' minimum contract of $1.4M, Shumpert's possible contract of $1M and Harrellson's minimum contract of $0.5M reaches a total value of $58.1M, which is almost $12M below the luxury tax threshold which makes us a non taxpayer and that means we have full mid-level exception rights within our hands.

edit: we just waived Brown and short after he signed with the Bobcats.

Last edited: