Gallinari: "Nobody thought to trade me"

Aristoteles

Benchwarmer
Ahahah

I tell you the best thing i heard
Question was what was the best moment ih his Basketball life.
He answered: When i won the third place in Eurocup under 18 with Italy
However he spoke very well about knicks and how much he loves his city and his team

glikos

Rookie
its in all italian...a waste of a good interview
hey Guys....i am so sorry if Danilo is italian (like me of course) and if he said he was happy when he won the bronze medal with his National team, and i am sorry if this interview was made in italian since this interview was organized by the Italian sport Newspaper "La Gazzetta dello sport"....and we all italians are very sorry not to speak english in our country...and we are extremely sorry if we have a national team where Danilo is proud to play, we are deeply sorry if Obama is not our President too....we all hope that you can forgive us if we offend you because we exist....thank you in advance :)

nuckles2k2

Superstar
hey Guys....i am so sorry if Danilo is italian (like me of course) and if he said he was happy when he won the bronze medal with his National team, and i am sorry if this interview was made in italian since this interview was organized by the Italian sport Newspaper "La Gazzetta dello sport"....and we all italians are very sorry not to speak english in our country...and we are extremely sorry if we have a national team where Danilo is proud to play, we are deeply sorry if Obama is not our President too....we all hope that you can forgive us if we offend you because we exist....thank you in advance :)

I'm sorry if you can't understand why some people would make the comments that were made when neither the title of the thread nor the first post indicated that maybe the entire interview was in italian, especially when that thread is made on an english speaking forum.

How you extrapolate anything offensive from english speaking people, on an english speaking forum saying "why weren't we told that the entire interview is in italian?" is crazy. Especially when the alleged quote from Gallo is in english. That could cause someone to sit there and listen to about 45 mins of a language they can't speak waiting to hear when they start speaking english to hear the quote in the thread title only to find out that it never happens.

How the hell am I supposed to know that Aristoteles speaks italian and translated that line if he doesn't say so?

glikos

Rookie
I'm sorry if you can't understand why some people would make the comments that were made when neither the title of the thread nor the first post indicated that maybe the entire interview was in italian, especially when that thread is made on an english speaking forum.

How you extrapolate anything offensive from english speaking people, on an english speaking forum saying "why weren't we told that the entire interview is in italian?" is crazy. Especially when the alleged quote from Gallo is in english. That could cause someone to sit there and listen to about 45 mins of a language they can't speak waiting to hear when they start speaking english to hear the quote in the thread title only to find out that it never happens.

How the hell am I supposed to know that Aristoteles speaks italian and translated that line if he doesn't say so?

oh well..i was talking about a typical american attitude, but of course, being american, you got offended, well..i'll survive :)))

(just do not answer me, i will not lose time in joining this forum again, i am too much Italian:D)

nuckles2k2

Superstar
oh well..i was talking about a typical american attitude, but of course, being american, you got offended, well..i'll survive :)))

(just do not answer me, i will not lose time in joining this forum again, i am too much Italian:D)

Lol, all the OP had to do was say that the entire interview was in italian. I have nothing against italians, why would I? He just made it seem like at some point they spoke english, which they didn't. If he speaks italian and he can understand them and he translated something for us...he needs to let us know.

I'll put it like this...if I spoke italian and english...I wouldn't go to an italian forum, post only the link for an interview that's entirely in english, translate one line of it and put it as the subject for the thread in italian, and not tell anyone that the whole interview is in english.

Nothing against italians at all. But the forum is in english, the subject for the thread is in english, I assume the interview is in english...if it's not then the creator of the thread should say so.

I didn't get offended at anything. You got offended that someone who doesn't speak italian got mad that they watched 45 mins of a video in a language that they couldn't understand...assuming that at some point they speak english because there's an english quote from the interview, in a thread written in english on an english forum. How is that as far fetched as you're making it seem?

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer

YOU ARE SHOT!

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
Very sorry for my english.

Questions was made by fans.

First question about Rangers.
Danilo haven't seen hockey before, he saw Rangers and he like very much Hockey, very dinamic and pyisical game.

second question, the best player he had play against (defense on him).
Kobe the best player in NBA, but he didn't defense on him, so LeBron was the more difficult to keep down.

How was the New york impact at first time.
They welcomed very well, but I had to gain them trust, but it's normal because I'm not american.

Then someone asked him to describe him typical day when knicks play at MSG.

Some questions are from NY area.

he started play basket at 5 years.

question about Lebron choice. Danilo said the if he was Lebron he would have choose the Knicks :lol:

Question about the SG lacks of the knicks and if he's going to play also in the SG role. He answered that there is no lack and he's going to play mainly as SF.

Michael Jordan was his idol when he was a child.

Question about football. danilo is an AC Milan fan and he's happy about the players bought this summer by Ac Milan.
In the NBA environment football has not appeal, only the Knicks storeman is an Ac Milan fan. :)

question about knicks playoff possibilities
Knicks goal this year is to reach the playoff and they're going to work very hard in order to go in the post-season phase.

Shaq in Boston ?
he's old but he still a very strong player, very tough.

Is D'antoni basket amusing ?
Yes, it's amusing but it's not simple, I had to work hard in order to adapt my game. You need to be ready to play every ball you receive, also "dirty" ones.

what's about your backache ?
Before the surgery I tried everything but it didn't work. Now I feel better but I have to work a lot on the muscles in order to avoid porblems.

what's about doping in the NBA ?
Absolutely no doping, we have 4 tests during the season, so it's impossible to take forbidden stuff.

what's about the vocies of your trade for Melo ?
Only voices, I didn't receive any calls from my agent or from the knicks and it means that there was nothing concrete about that.

question about italian basket championship.
Olimpia Milano has a very good team and I hope next year they can win the championship.
Unfornately I don't have time to follow italian basket here during my season.

Which Kobe quality would you want to have ?
His capacity to make the right things in the right moment, also if he have to take decision in a very few time.

Kobe deserved the MVP in 7th match of the finals or maybe gasol was the right person ?
Kobe derserved it, but in that match the "man" was Artest.

Are you ready to become an all star ?
I think I'm a good player but I have to improve a lot, so I have to understand which will be my limits. At the moment I'm far from my limit.

question about playground during him holiday (joking)

Heat or Lakers or Celtics next year ?
I thin Lakers but if heat will find balance they will be very strong because it's impossible to stop at the same time Lebron, wade and bosh. Mybe one of them, but not all the 3 at the same time.

Question about Belinelli, who has difficult in the nba despite you and Bargnani.
till now Belinelli wasn't the real player that he can be. Next season in New Orleans he can make a good job and CP3 will help a lot.

question about T-Mac
T-Mac is "super". Unfortunately he had some physical problems during the last 2 seasons, but he is very talented and if he'll be ok he can do a very good job in detroit.

this is more or less the first part of the interview.
I try to post the second part as soon as I can.

Paul1355

All Star
Very sorry for my english.

Questions was made by fans.

First question about Rangers.
Danilo haven't seen hockey before, he saw Rangers and he like very much Hockey, very dinamic and pyisical game.

second question, the best player he had play against (defense on him).
Kobe the best player in NBA, but he didn't defense on him, so LeBron was the more difficult to keep down.

How was the New york impact at first time.
They welcomed very well, but I had to gain them trust, but it's normal because I'm not american.

Then someone asked him to describe him typical day when knicks play at MSG.

Some questions are from NY area.

he started play basket at 5 years.

question about Lebron choice. Danilo said the if he was Lebron he would have choose the Knicks :lol:

Question about the SG lacks of the knicks and if he's going to play also in the SG role. He answered that there is no lack and he's going to play mainly as SF.

Michael Jordan was his idol when he was a child.

Question about football. danilo is an AC Milan fan and he's happy about the players bought this summer by Ac Milan.
In the NBA environment football has not appeal, only the Knicks storeman is an Ac Milan fan. :)

question about knicks playoff possibilities
Knicks goal this year is to reach the playoff and they're going to work very hard in order to go in the post-season phase.

Shaq in Boston ?
he's old but he still a very strong player, very tough.

Is D'antoni basket amusing ?
Yes, it's amusing but it's not simple, I had to work hard in order to adapt my game. You need to be ready to play every ball you receive, also "dirty" ones.

what's about your backache ?
Before the surgery I tried everything but it didn't work. Now I feel better but I have to work a lot on the muscles in order to avoid porblems.

what's about doping in the NBA ?
Absolutely no doping, we have 4 tests during the season, so it's impossible to take forbidden stuff.

what's about the vocies of your trade for Melo ?
Only voices, I didn't receive any calls from my agent or from the knicks and it means that there was nothing concrete about that.

question about italian basket championship.
Olimpia Milano has a very good team and I hope next year they can win the championship.
Unfornately I don't have time to follow italian basket here during my season.

Which Kobe quality would you want to have ?
His capacity to make the right things in the right moment, also if he have to take decision in a very few time.

Kobe deserved the MVP in 7th match of the finals or maybe gasol was the right person ?
Kobe derserved it, but in that match the "man" was Artest.

Are you ready to become an all star ?
I think I'm a good player but I have to improve a lot, so I have to understand which will be my limits. At the moment I'm far from my limit.

question about playground during him holiday (joking)

Heat or Lakers or Celtics next year ?
I thin Lakers but if heat will find balance they will be very strong because it's impossible to stop at the same time Lebron, wade and bosh. Mybe one of them, but not all the 3 at the same time.

Question about Belinelli, who has difficult in the nba despite you and Bargnani.
till now Belinelli wasn't the real player that he can be. Next season in New Orleans he can make a good job and CP3 will help a lot.

question about T-Mac
T-Mac is "super". Unfortunately he had some physical problems during the last 2 seasons, but he is very talented and if he'll be ok he can do a very good job in detroit.

this is more or less the first part of the interview.
I try to post the second part as soon as I can.
thanks kukoc, this is actually insightful.

This might end the talk of Gallo possibly playing the 2 role since he said he will mainly play SF. So now we know that Chandler, Mason Jr. and Walker will all play the 2 spot at SG.

He knows he is far from his peek, very good that he understands his potential.

I like how he was honest about the system and that it took him time to realize to always be ready for a shot, maybe this season he will always be ready!

I am looking forward to part 2.

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
second part.

Trainings difference from Europe and NBA ?
In NBA you play more matches, so you can't work very hard during the season. then it depends on the coach.

How much you feel hurt to see angola and not Italy at the fiba world camphionship ?
It hurts me a lot. I hope next year we we'll do a very good european championship and I'll be in the game.
It will be diffcult because the basket level in europe has growing a lot during the last years and there is no anymore poor teams.

Your favourite team for the fiba world championship ?
USA team
the strongest team also without a lot of all star player, because of the physical supremacy.

Other italian player that can reach NBA ?
I'm out of the italian basket from 2 years and I don't have a good perspective, but maybe Nicol? Melli will be an NBA player in the next future.

Then he talks about the youth player that don't have many possibilities to play in the italian cahmpionship, also because of the foreigner players. Mybe some rules may change, but youth players have to work very hard in order to reach them goals.

Is the 2011 all star game an your objecive ?
My primary goal is the playoff with the knicks, then if I can go to the all star game I'll be vary happy.

best draft player ?
John wall

Will you close youre career at olimpia milano ?
Yes, I'd like it, but I hope it will happen in a very far future :)

How do you see the new knicks and your role next year ?
The knicks has a very good team and I'm going to be a leader because this is what the club and the fans are asking me.

Question about Jack De Vecchi, Gallinari cousin, italian player, also some joking during a training in the past with Gallo, de Vecchi and allan houston.

is it true that you had some relationship problem with Nate robinson last year ?
No, it's not true, we had a good relationship also in the free time.

what about allen iverson in NYK ?
it's a very good player and if he come at hte knicks it's a good thing.

I have to go now, last 13 minutes during the day. :)

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
Forgot to say that on the possible trade for Melo, Gallo ended with this sentence:
"But I know that in NBA everything is possibile"
So maybe he dosen't exclude at all that something might be happened.

Third and last part

What's behind the sucess of a basketball player like you ?
You have to work a lot, so you can become a very good player or, as in my case a normal player (excess of humility... :))
In any case, without work you can't be a real champion.

How do you see the Spurs this year ?
I see spurs well because they have experience, talent, capacity and in that team there're some of the best NBA players.

If someone oblige you to change team, where you can prefer to go ?
New york (laughing)

are you happy for amare at the knicks ?
I'm very very happy. I had the possibilities to stay with him in the last month, talked with him, and he's very motivated and enthusiastic.
He's an all star, on the physical point of view he's at an incredible level and in the last years he's improved a lot on the technical point of view.

Is better to become rich and play in New york or play at home with your friends ?
For me the important thing is to play basketball because I love it and I can't live without basketball.
Then I play in New york not only for money, but because NBA is the league with the best player in the world and new york is on of the best city of the world.

How is to play at MSG that is a "temple" ?
It's exciting and the fans at Madison always give you a big push during the game.

And where do you prefer to play outside NY ?
There are 6-7 place where I like to play/go: LA, Miami, Phoenix, toronto, Chicago and... stop.
Because do you like the town or for something other ?
yes, because I love these towns
But do you have time to visit the city when you are around for playing ?
It depends on the schedul, but usually you may have some time to spend. for example when we go to the west for 3-4 matches in 10-12 days, so you can stay also 3 days in the some town.

what do you think about Felton ? it's the right PG for the D'Antoni system ?
Yes, I think it's the right PG for Mike, he's clever, he knows how to play basketball and I'm sure he'll give us a big hand.

Do you think Rubio made the right thing choosing to stay in spain and refusing NBA last year ?
It's difficult to judge other people choices, but he stayed in europe and he won the euroleague, so maybe it was no wrong. then he's very young so he has a lot of time for come in NBA and show waht he can do.

Do you think there'll be the lockout next year ?
yes, there is a concrete possibility that in the 2011 there will be the lockout.
We have to see how they manage it, but the risk does exist. I hope that they're going to find an agreement in the meantime.
(explanation about player contracts situation during the lockout)

do you miss italian food ? (suggestion of 2 restaurants, one is Tao, the other I can't understand exactly the name, sorry)
I know Tao and it's a very good restaurant, but I miss mainly dinner with my family and my mother cooking.
No problem for the food because in new york food are excellent and there are also a lot of italian restaurants.

what was your feelings when Melo used trash talking with you ?
Very good feelings because at the and we won the match, in other case it wasn't the same. We talk each other in a friendly way (laughing) but it was motivating for me.

What about Randolph this year ?
he came from an ankle injury, so he has to find the best shape and mental strenght to do the same things he did before the injury.
He has an incredible physical potential, he can fly.

Talk about the next match the 3rd of october here in Milan against the olimpia Milano
I'm very excited and I think it'll be moved to come back in the Milan forum. I'm happy and proud to play that game and it's very important for me to do that.
Also Mike is very excited for this match.

Then you'll play in Paris vs Minnesota that it's not one of the strongest team in the nba...
Yes, but I'm happy to play against Minnesota because of my very good friend Darko Milicic.

Except the heat, which is the team that has moved better during the summer ?
I thin NY and Chicago at the same level.
With Boozer added to Rose and Noah they have a very good team now.

Let's talk about Noah, many players unlike (not simphaty) him, your thought ?
I don't care about symphaty, I'd like to have him in my team because he plays always at 110%, he has run, ability, he's clever, he play for the team, so i think every coach would like to have him.

still lebron... what do you think about the manner he left cleveland ?
Lebron grew up in cleveland, so he left home and I think it wasn't simple for the fans but also for him...
(he avoid the question, becuase it was about the way he left)

Question about italian baksetball championship, I don't translate because you dont' care :)

How is your best moment of your career ?
I have many.
The first was the bronze medal with under 18 italian national team at european championship.
It was a great experience and I already have a lot of friends of that team because we were a fantastic group.

Which player has provoked you more ?
Baron Davis. Last year he started trash talking with me and I had to answer back to him.
Kevin Garnett. no talks with him but some elbow each other.

That's all.
I translate only the main points, some difficult to report the tones.
My feeling is that he stayed "bttuon-up" and he want to be very politically correct, so no big scoop during the interview.

Maybe in the future better english form my side. :)

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Forgot to say that on the possible trade for Melo, Gallo ended with this sentence:
"But I know that in NBA everything is possibile"
So maybe he dosen't exclude at all that something might be happened.

Third and last part

What's behind the sucess of a basketball player like you ?
You have to work a lot, so you can become a very good player or, as in my case a normal player (excess of humility... :))
In any case, without work you can't be a real champion.

How do you see the Spurs this year ?
I see spurs well because they have experience, talent, capacity and in that team there're some of the best NBA players.

If someone oblige you to change team, where you can prefer to go ?
New york (laughing)

are you happy for amare at the knicks ?
I'm very very happy. I had the possibilities to stay with him in the last month, talked with him, and he's very motivated and enthusiastic.
He's an all star, on the physical point of view he's at an incredible level and in the last years he's improved a lot on the technical point of view.

Is better to become rich and play in New york or play at home with your friends ?
For me the important thing is to play basketball because I love it and I can't live without basketball.
Then I play in New york not only for money, but because NBA is the league with the best player in the world and new york is on of the best city of the world.

How is to play at MSG that is a "temple" ?
It's exciting and the fans at Madison always give you a big push during the game.

And where do you prefer to play outside NY ?
There are 6-7 place where I like to play/go: LA, Miami, Phoenix, toronto, Chicago and... stop.
Because do you like the town or for something other ?
yes, because I love these towns
But do you have time to visit the city when you are around for playing ?
It depends on the schedul, but usually you may have some time to spend. for example when we go to the west for 3-4 matches in 10-12 days, so you can stay also 3 days in the some town.

what do you think about Felton ? it's the right PG for the D'Antoni system ?
Yes, I think it's the right PG for Mike, he's clever, he knows how to play basketball and I'm sure he'll give us a big hand.

Do you think Rubio made the right thing choosing to stay in spain and refusing NBA last year ?
It's difficult to judge other people choices, but he stayed in europe and he won the euroleague, so maybe it was no wrong. then he's very young so he has a lot of time for come in NBA and show waht he can do.

Do you think there'll be the lockout next year ?
yes, there is a concrete possibility that in the 2011 there will be the lockout.
We have to see how they manage it, but the risk does exist. I hope that they're going to find an agreement in the meantime.
(explanation about player contracts situation during the lockout)

do you miss italian food ? (suggestion of 2 restaurants, one is Tao, the other I can't understand exactly the name, sorry)
I know Tao and it's a very good restaurant, but I miss mainly dinner with my family and my mother cooking.
No problem for the food because in new york food are excellent and there are also a lot of italian restaurants.

what was your feelings when Melo used trash talking with you ?
Very good feelings because at the and we won the match, in other case it wasn't the same. We talk each other in a friendly way (laughing) but it was motivating for me.

What about Randolph this year ?
he came from an ankle injury, so he has to find the best shape and mental strenght to do the same things he did before the injury.
He has an incredible physical potential, he can fly.

Talk about the next match the 3rd of october here in Milan against the olimpia Milano
I'm very excited and I think it'll be moved to come back in the Milan forum. I'm happy and proud to play that game and it's very important for me to do that.
Also Mike is very excited for this match.

Then you'll play in Paris vs Minnesota that it's not one of the strongest team in the nba...
Yes, but I'm happy to play against Minnesota because of my very good friend Darko Milicic.

Except the heat, which is the team that has moved better during the summer ?
I thin NY and Chicago at the same level.
With Boozer added to Rose and Noah they have a very good team now.

Let's talk about Noah, many players unlike (not simphaty) him, your thought ?
I don't care about symphaty, I'd like to have him in my team because he plays always at 110%, he has run, ability, he's clever, he play for the team, so i think every coach would like to have him.

still lebron... what do you think about the manner he left cleveland ?
Lebron grew up in cleveland, so he left home and I think it wasn't simple for the fans but also for him...
(he avoid the question, becuase it was about the way he left)

Question about italian baksetball championship, I don't translate because you dont' care :)

How is your best moment of your career ?
I have many.
The first was the bronze medal with under 18 italian national team at european championship.
It was a great experience and I already have a lot of friends of that team because we were a fantastic group.

Which player has provoked you more ?
Baron Davis. Last year he started trash talking with me and I had to answer back to him.
Kevin Garnett. no talks with him but some elbow each other.

That's all.
I translate only the main points, some difficult to report the tones.
My feeling is that he stayed "bttuon-up" and he want to be very politically correct, so no big scoop during the interview.

Maybe in the future better english form my side. :)
appreciate it, im very excited to see how much he is going to bring this season.

Hopefully:
consistency
Aggresiveness
more explosion
post game
drawing fouls
and most of all...wanting to take over games(leadership)

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
kukoc7 the translation was fine. Thanks for taking the time to translate. Gallo has much potential and is in the right state of mind.

portega1968

El Cacique
Thank you Kukoc for taking the time to translate. Very nice interview.

As for the italian asshole who spewed the typical European hate against Americans, translate this: mamame el bicho maricon!!!