Carter forcing a trade to NY

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Shaq did it, McGrady did it, so why wouldn't Vince? a deal invloving tthomas would be more than great, though i doubt that'll happen. but, if this miracle does happen, then who knows, lenny wilkens might also be replaced

The mere thought of Vince Carter wearing a Knicks uniform once seemed as far-fetched as Shaquille O'Neal ending up in Miami.
But in today's NBA, where the league's most dominant player can be traded without the Miami Heat having to give up its best player, anything is possible, including Carter ending up in New York.

Despite the declaration Wednesday from Toronto general manager Rob Babcock that Carter will return next season, a person close to the Raptors' All-Star swingman insists that Carter is trying to force a trade to New York.

Carter has refused to comment on his future for the past few weeks, but that could change tomorrow night following Carter's annual charity all-star game in Toronto. According to the source, Carter is expected to announce publicly that he wants to be traded.

The real challenge would be coming up with an attractive package for Carter, the leading vote-getter among All-Stars last season. Toronto would consider Stephon Marbury, but Thomas, the original head of basketball operations for the expansion Raptors, wants to hold on to his point guard. Thomas is also reluctant to trade Tim Thomas.

Carter is still regarded as an elite player, but the Knicks have to hope that he still has as much clout as O'Neal and McGrady to force Toronto's hand.

http://www.knicksonline.com/0304/getart.php?id=1208

jayp

Benchwarmer
sounds good but didn't JCrawford also wanted to be traded here? who will we have to give up? VC has four more years on his contract and it would be difficult to match salaries.. anyways, go knicks!

JJtheKnick

Starter
if carter and crawford come what will the line up look like??

PG- Marbury
SG- houston, crawford
SF- carter
PF- Thomas
C- Mohammed

if this were the line up i wouldent mind. but i would like to see a better center. what do you guys think??

MATT

Rookie
Only The Knicks said:
This is terrific news besides the fact that Isiah is reluctant to trade Tim Thomas.

I'm starting to think there might be a reason why Isiah isn't open to trading him. I have no clue what it could be, but I hope Isiah is smart enough that if the Raptors want TT part of a deal for Carter, they can have him

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
VC will never force a trade to NY...he has too many years left on his contract..Shaq and T-Mac were going into their last years...so they had the leverage...I think we should just be happy if we could get Crawford and Damp...

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
im wid i miss#33 with crawford and dapier were already good enough to stay somewhere in the race for the east. getting crawford to me seems like wishful thinking but its nice that isiah is keeping our hopes up and keeping us in the news

JJtheKnick

Starter
pbjb14 said:
im wid i miss#33 with crawford and dapier were already good enough to stay somewhere in the race for the east. getting crawford to me seems like wishful thinking but its nice that isiah is keeping our hopes up and keeping us in the news

yea but if we cant get dampier. i would go for carter because he is wants to come here a we would have a good shot.

PG- marbury
SG- Houston/crawford
PF- Sweetney/baker (kurt if he is still here)
SF- carter
C- Nazr/ deke

WiL8000

Rotation player
Looks like the Carter rumors are back in the press, for now at least. Isiah wasn't dismissing the rumors as either. The Knicks would have to trade at least one of their big name players and someone else to match salaries. I could see Kurt Thomas and or Tim Thomas in on this one.

newmove

Rotation player
I wouldn't go for it. We're quite good without Carter. I wouldn't trade Kurt and/or Tim for Vince. We've got pretty damn nice chemistry why spoiling it?

WiL8000

Rotation player
I also am not sure Carter would fit in with the Knicks. Tim Thomas is a tall SF, I don't want to see the Knicks lose size like that, we're a team that lacks height already.
Then again you get a player like Carter, who can score and draw the defense to him. That free's up some talented shooters already on the Knicks. Besides Marbury, Houston, and Crawford, which is a great backcourt, put a scorer like Carter in the mix, it would be sick. Sorry I can't make my mind up one this one.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
...I can! :hump:

If Tim Thomas for Vince Carter presents itself you must make the trade.

1. Knick ticket prices. Vince is a major draw!
2. Tim is taller but they average the same RPGs.
3. Vince has outside touch and would thrive with presssure off of him.
4. I believe Tim Thomas makes more than Vince.
5. Vince is a proven all star.
6. Vince is younger.

I think these 6 basketball points should be enough.

newmove

Rotation player
Yes, but TT plays better D. And he plays the whole season while Carter's all about injuries. Do you want to bring the next Grant Hill on the stage? Me personally, I don't. I would've better taken Grant than Vince. Grant used to play some decent D at least. And he used to be more all-around than Vince.

But speaking of TT and Vince thing. For first, we'll have to give some1 esle bisdes Tim. For seond, Tim's bigger. For third he's better defender. For fourth, he can rule the board while Vince takes open rebounds. For fifth, Vince's too injuried. For sixth, Vince'd bring some heavy contract. For seventh, Vince does not care about the team of New York, only about how many games we've won last season. For eighth, we've got Jamaal and we have to give him big minutes while Vince's gonna take them off of Jamaal.

Definitely, we don't need Vince. At least now.

And as Wil said, he might not fit our team.

Good enough to convince you?

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
You made great points. I'm more thinking of a business concept. If I were GM and my job is to win games and more inportantly sell tickets and merchandise, I would probably have to take the risk and trade for him. He would bring a lot of revenue. But I'd rather see a PF in here. Someone like Stromile Swift.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
yeah with carter marbury on the team allan houston would prob become are third option
and a playr like allan houston as a third option is amazing considering how good he is

WiL8000

Rotation player
At the same time, it could be one of the best offensive combos in the NBA. Our defense is still going to be weak with the current squad. Why not make the offense stronger at this point, to make up for the lack of defense. Just a thought, I really am not sure what's the best choice.

newmove

Rotation player
I'm all about defence. Remember, D wins games, wins championships. Vince's a great player but he's poor defender. And we're on the lack of size already. We need some big man, true defender, not VC true dunker...