D-Rose
Nash
Rondo
Kidd
Billups
Westbrook
Steph Curry
John Wall

The reason I underline Billups is cause those 3 names under his will be better then him once they mature a little more.

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Derrick Rose
Russel Westbrook
Steve Nash
John Wall
Rajon Rondo
Steph Curry
JKidd
C Billups

SOO many people are sleeping on John Wall. When healthy, this guy is the fastest on the floor (faster than Derrick Rose), and can average a triple-double.

Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Derrick Rose
Russel Westbrook
Steve Nash
John Wall
Rajon Rondo
Steph Curry
JKidd
C Billups

SOO many people are sleeping on John Wall. When healthy, this guy is the fastest on the floor (faster than Derrick Rose), and can average a triple-double.
His talent level is off the charts but he still needs to mature a little more and lower his turnovers before I consider him a top 5 PG, same with Westbrook.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
How the reigning MVP, who is also a PG, is not #1 on everyone's list is beyond me.

Rose undoubtedly carried the Bulls, but that doesn't make him the best PG in the league.

If you want to look at the assists stat alone, Rose was 10th in the league at 7.7. That's only 2.1 assists ahead of Monta Ellis who isn't even a point guard.

Rose is a phenomenal player at the point guard position, I wouldn't call him the best PG in the league tho. That's a bit much.

How the reigning MVP, who is also a PG, is not #1 on everyone's list is beyond me.
Because D-rose is more of a scoring guard and not the best POINT GUARD. Carrying a team on your back and needing to score 40 points to win is not what a PG is supposed to do. Cp3(when healthy) is better than D-rose imo.

KBlack25

Starter
Because D-rose is more of a scoring guard and not the best POINT GUARD. Carrying a team on your back and needing to score 40 points to win is not what a PG is supposed to do. Cp3(when healthy) is better than D-rose imo.

That's not the question though. The question is who is the best PG. If we are talking about the best distributor/passer, how does LeBron not even make the top 10 on anyone's list?

D-Rose is the best player at PG right now. If we are talking about guys with the best traditional PG skills, then it's CP3 followed closely by James.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
A PG is supposed to pass if it helps the team. Even he doubled the amount of times he's passes, and averaged more assists, that doesn't mean he's making his teammates better.

If you don't think Rose is a PG you're kind of calling him a ballhog (I'm not saying you REALLY think that, you get my point).

STAT1

Starter
top 10 PGs since i've been watching hoops:

1. Magic
2. Isiah
3. Stockton
4. J Kidd
5. Payton
6. Nash
7. CP3
8. Derrick Rose
9. Deron Williams
10. Tim Hardaway/Mark Jackson (both deserve recognition)

(Yes, I know Clyde, Cousy, Archibald & the Big O deserve to be on this list, but I'm just ranking guys I've actually seen play)

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
That's not the question though. The question is who is the best PG. If we are talking about the best distributor/passer, how does LeBron not even make the top 10 on anyone's list?

D-Rose is the best player at PG right now. If we are talking about guys with the best traditional PG skills, then it's CP3 followed closely by James.

Let's try to look at this debate a lil differently.

Just because you're MVP, it doesn't make you the better or best player.

For instance, I thought Paul was the better player even when Nash was winning his MVP awards. He was the better all-around player then, as he is now. He's better because he's better both ways. In the comparison to Rose the argument is the same.

Think about it, just because David Robinson won his MVP in 94-95 that doesn't mean he was better than Olajawon. He was never better than Olajawon. Does anyone consider Robinson to be better than Olajawon??? Well no one in their right mind, maybe Spurs fans.. But I digress.

Players win MVP's because their team has a great, dominant season and they've been integral in contributing to it. Ie, Nash and the Suns great winning seasons and Robinson's 62-20 season that year w the Spurs. As is the case w Rose. He had a great yr. So did his team.

Just because you win an MVP it doesn't make you the better player.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
1. Cp3
2. Deron Williams
3. Derrick Rose
4. Westbrook
5. Rondo
6. Nash
7. Kid
8. Andre Miller
9. John Wall
10. Billups

Damn! the veteran PG who been outstanding for close to a decade in the NBA get no recognition when compared to the young upcoming players.

CP3 reminds me of Kidd's first decade in the NBA.
Deron reminds me of Parker/Nash.
Westbrook/Rondo has Billups swagger but not his team leadership.
Andre Miller has never been a top 10 PG

D-rose is still not the best PG in the NBA. Just because he won the MVP doesn't mean he's better. Cp3 is the better passer, way better defender, more efficient, better 3pt shooter, and has a better basketball IQ.