The Key to the Car...melo that is

Toons

is the Bo$$
We have two options to get Carmelo Anthony.
The first option would be the ''Gut the team for Melo'' option, we'll call that option A. Option A would firstly include a trade for a first round pick, which Walsh is confident he can get.

ESPN?s Chris Sheridan reported yesterday that Donnie Walsh has a deal on the table to acquire a first round pick in the 2011 draft.
http://crackbillionair.wordpress.com/2010/10/01/knicks-to-acquire-2011-first-round-pick/

More than likely it will be a deal for our SF Wilson Chandler. Denver is known to want a first round pick. With that established, we then go down the checklist. Salary cap relief. The expiring contract of Eddy curry plays an important role in this method. Half of Eddy's contract is already paid, That means even if we trade him now, while his salary might count as 11M on the taking team's cap in trade, that team would only owe him 5.5M outright in paychecks! (Trade Kicker would add an additional what 800K.

So we trade Curry to a team, we take 11M back, that team gets an 11M expiring on their cap, YET THAT OWNER only owes FatCurry 6.3M DOLLARS OUT OF POCKET

Next on the checklist, Melo has to agree to an extenion with the team he wants to go to.

According to a source familiar with the situation, Walsh has been motivated by information from Lee, a Knicks season-ticket-holder, that Anthony's first choice is far and away the Knicks. According to the source, Anthony has had several conversations in recent weeks with Lee, who has in turn informed Knicks brass of Anthony's feelings.

"Carmelo definitely, 100 percent wants to be a Knick," the source said.

Lee does not work for the organization, so the talks are not considered tampering.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/melo_talks_spike_up_6EE3AEZSsvdqxS6YAgqhpM#ixzz130ebMWZv

Ok, next, Denver wants a marketable player and they want to remain competitive moving forward. This is the hard part, Gutting the team. At this point, we give them, forward, Danillo Gallinari, who had a good showing aginst denver last year; we also include Tony douglas (i dont think billups will be in denvers future when Ty Lawson breaks out); we also would need to sweeten the deal with Landry Fields or Andy Routins (if denver is interested)

I think this would be enough to land us Carmelo Anthony.

This would leave our team without 'fan favorite' Gallo, whom will soon be forgotten as Melo plays the same position. Also without Tony Defense Douglas which would be a part of the price you pay for a superstar, Wilson Chandler, who has had a pretty good preseason and a rookie.

The New Yor Knicks would have a roster similar to this.

Ray Felton
Klenna Azubuike
Carmelo Anthony
Amare Stoudamire
Tim Mozgov

with a very weak bench.

I would be satisfied with this result ONLY IF IT WAS OUR LAST OPTION.

Next is....

Wait it out. Melo made it quite clear where he wants to be. Melo also knows that he can just walk after the season is over. He knows he holds the keys because he has to agree to an extension. He has said he wants to go to NY or Chicago. With Chicago resigning Noah, the Knicks are a front runner for Melo. Regardless of what reports may say. His wife LaLa (an MTV VJ) who works in NYC also is a huge Knicks fan. Melo.....DO WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

2011-2012 Knicks with Option B

Ray Felton - Tony Douglas
Klenna Azubuike - Wilson Chandler - Landry Fields
Carmelo Anthony - Danilo Gallinari - Bill Walker
Amare Stoudemire - Anthony Randolph
Timofey Mozgov - Ronni Turiaff

2011-2012 East finals....Knicks vs. Heat

Knicks in 6....one can only dream.

nyk_nyk

All Star
We have two options to get Carmelo Anthony.
The first option would be the ''Gut the team for Melo'' option, we'll call that option A. Option A would firstly include a trade for a first round pick, which Walsh is confident he can get.

ESPN?s Chris Sheridan reported yesterday that Donnie Walsh has a deal on the table to acquire a first round pick in the 2011 draft.
http://crackbillionair.wordpress.com/2010/10/01/knicks-to-acquire-2011-first-round-pick/

More than likely it will be a deal for our SF Wilson Chandler. Denver is known to want a first round pick. With that established, we then go down the checklist. Salary cap relief. The expiring contract of Eddy curry plays an important role in this method. Half of Eddy's contract is already paid, That means even if we trade him now, while his salary might count as 11M on the taking team's cap in trade, that team would only owe him 5.5M outright in paychecks! (Trade Kicker would add an additional what 800K.

So we trade Curry to a team, we take 11M back, that team gets an 11M expiring on their cap, YET THAT OWNER only owes FatCurry 6.3M DOLLARS OUT OF POCKET

Next on the checklist, Melo has to agree to an extenion with the team he wants to go to.

According to a source familiar with the situation, Walsh has been motivated by information from Lee, a Knicks season-ticket-holder, that Anthony's first choice is far and away the Knicks. According to the source, Anthony has had several conversations in recent weeks with Lee, who has in turn informed Knicks brass of Anthony's feelings.

"Carmelo definitely, 100 percent wants to be a Knick," the source said.

Lee does not work for the organization, so the talks are not considered tampering.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/melo_talks_spike_up_6EE3AEZSsvdqxS6YAgqhpM#ixzz130ebMWZv

Ok, next, Denver wants a marketable player and they want to remain competitive moving forward. This is the hard part, Gutting the team. At this point, we give them, forward, Danillo Gallinari, who had a good showing aginst denver last year; we also include Tony douglas (i dont think billups will be in denvers future when Ty Lawson breaks out); we also would need to sweeten the deal with Landry Fields or Andy Routins (if denver is interested)

I think this would be enough to land us Carmelo Anthony.

This would leave our team without 'fan favorite' Gallo, whom will soon be forgotten as Melo plays the same position. Also without Tony Defense Douglas which would be a part of the price you pay for a superstar, Wilson Chandler, who has had a pretty good preseason and a rookie.

The New Yor Knicks would have a roster similar to this.

Ray Felton
Klenna Azubuike
Carmelo Anthony
Amare Stoudamire
Tim Mozgov

with a very weak bench.

I would be satisfied with this result ONLY IF IT WAS OUR LAST OPTION.

Next is....

Wait it out. Melo made it quite clear where he wants to be. Melo also knows that he can just walk after the season is over. He knows he holds the keys because he has to agree to an extension. He has said he wants to go to NY or Chicago. With Chicago resigning Noah, the Knicks are a front runner for Melo. Regardless of what reports may say. His wife LaLa (an MTV VJ) who works in NYC also is a huge Knicks fan. Melo.....DO WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

2011-2012 Knicks with Option B

Ray Felton - Tony Douglas
Klenna Azubuike - Wilson Chandler - Landry Fields
Carmelo Anthony - Danilo Gallinari - Bill Walker
Amare Stoudemire - Anthony Randolph
Timofey Mozgov - Ronni Turiaff

2011-2012 East finals....Knicks vs. Heat

Knicks in 6....one can only dream.

I definitely hear you on all points bro. I have a feeling DEN wants to get this done sooner than later. They can't have these issues popping up in the middle of the season because it will be deadly for team chemistry. K-Mart is already disgruntled and Smith is fully aware they don't want him. They have a lot of issues early on and need some type of stability. I can see whatever trade scenerio happening before next weeks tip-off. Out of all the players you mentioned, I'd like to keep TD. His pressure defense is what the playoffs are built on.

We could just do this....Dec 15th

SAN ANTONIO SPURS RECIEVE
Wilson Chandler

DENVER NUGGETS RECIEVE
Anthony Randolph
Landry Fields
Eddy Curry
Kelena Azabukie
Draft rights to Jerome Jordan
2011 Spurs first round pick
2014 Knicks first round pick
2011 Warriors Second Round pick
2012 Knicks Second round pick
2011 Celtics Second round pick (Nate Robinson deal)
2013 Knicks Second Round Pick

NEW YORK KNICKS RECIEVE
Carmelo Anthony
2011 Spurs Second round pick

That way we keep Gallo, Nuggets get young talent, lots of draft picks, and Expiring contracts.

If we go big
PG: Raymond Felton
SG: Carmelo Anthony
SF: Danilo Gallinari
PF: Amare Stoudemire
C: Timofey Mozgav

if we go small
PG: Felton
SG: Douglas
SF: Melo
PF: Gallo
C: Amare

nyk_nyk

All Star
We could just do this....Dec 15th

SAN ANTONIO SPURS RECIEVE
Wilson Chandler

DENVER NUGGETS RECIEVE
Anthony Randolph
Landry Fields
Eddy Curry
Kelena Azabukie
Draft rights to Jerome Jordan
2011 Spurs first round pick
2014 Knicks first round pick
2011 Warriors Second Round pick
2012 Knicks Second round pick
2011 Celtics Second round pick (Nate Robinson deal)
2013 Knicks Second Round Pick

NEW YORK KNICKS RECIEVE
Carmelo Anthony
2011 Spurs Second round pick

That way we keep Gallo, Nuggets get young talent, lots of draft picks, and Expiring contracts.

If I were GM I'd take that. I really want to see how good Azzu is first though. It's too bad he's not ready yet.

So wait, you wanna trade 6 or 7 draft picks just to save Gallo on the team.

**** that.

In the words of Kobe Bryant,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3-lpFToU9k
They are mostly 2nd rounders. Only 2 of them are first rounders and one is from the Spurs. 2nd round picks are the easiest thing to get in the NBA. and I doubt somebody drafted with any of those picks except MAYBE the two first rounders will be anything close to what Gallo is right now!

and to nyk_nyk,

Thats the point. Hes an Expiring contract and he also might be a great player. Its no risk to the knicks because hes leaving next year anyways and for the Nuggets, if he sucks, his contract expires at the end of the year.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I definitely hear you on all points bro. I have a feeling DEN wants to get this done sooner than later. They can't have these issues popping up in the middle of the season because it will be deadly for team chemistry. K-Mart is already disgruntled and Smith is fully aware they don't want him. They have a lot of issues early on and need some type of stability. I can see whatever trade scenerio happening before next weeks tip-off. Out of all the players you mentioned, I'd like to keep TD. His pressure defense is what the playoffs are built on.

I still don't get the "Denver must trade him now because of distractions" argument.

If they trade Melo now, isn't their season lost anyway? I mean, they're going to be one of the worst teams in the league when they get rid of Melo. What are they salvaging by getting rid of Melo now?

Plus, they will try and dump everybody else in a total rebuild. I would say that will be more of a distraction to the remaining players because it will be more personal.

They are mostly 2nd rounders. Only 2 of them are first rounders and one is from the Spurs. 2nd round picks are the easiest thing to get in the NBA. and I doubt somebody drafted with any of those picks except MAYBE the two first rounders will be anything close to what Gallo is right now!

and to nyk_nyk,

Thats the point. Hes an Expiring contract and he also might be a great player. Its no risk to the knicks because hes leaving next year anyways and for the Nuggets, if he sucks, his contract expires at the end of the year.
WTF.. Gallo aint shit.. Trade his ass. Don't throw away all those draft picks.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I still don't get the "Denver must trade him now because of distractions" argument.

If they trade Melo now, isn't their season lost anyway? I mean, they're going to be one of the worst teams in the league when they get rid of Melo. What are they salvaging by getting rid of Melo now?

Plus, they will try and dump everybody else in a total rebuild. I would say that will be more of a distraction to the remaining players because it will be more personal.

I don't see Melo leaving having the same impact as Lebron leaving CLE. DEN would still have a talented team with an outside chance at the 8th seed. Remember, they signed Harrington who can put up 20 a night easy and i' sure he'll be a bit better playing with Billups. It doesn't appear that DEN is giving up on the season if Melo leaves. They do not plan on totally rebuilding which is why they want a young talent and draft picks. If they were rebuilding, they would just take cap relief.

If they are going to be one of the worst teams by trading Melo then don't you think they rather do it now rather than possibly getting off to a good start to only become a mediocre team. Coaching staffs don't like to have to answer these type of questions during the season. They'd rather be focused on trying to win games.

petescud

Starter
If we can keep Toney Douglas I'd be really happy. Too bad with all this going on TD didn't slow down his game (so he's hold back his value)...i think with all the new guys we have, its hard for anyone to gauge a trade with us. This preseason is whats the determining factor on who goes. Sadly who shines aside from STAT and Felton can be goners

New New York

Quiet Storm

I felt the same way until I looked at it like this....would Clev. like to have an fairly large expiring contract, a couple of draft picks, and a pair of nice young players with some upside to them.....or what they actually ended up with when Lebron bounced on them?

My point is that Denver is being smarter than The Cavs were last year, they assumed all along Lebron would be back simply if they had a great season, plus they assumed Lebron viewed Clevland as home....they of course were wrong!!!!

So Denver knows that it would be dumb to sit on him knowing that there is a really good chance at losing him....plus Melo is a major distraction right now for them.

You're right they will suck if Melo leaves but they arent Finals bound with him this year anyways and they will suck just as bad (if not worst with the other players who will leave them next summer) next season, better to get something out of it....call it damage control!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

How is watching your best player in franchise history play, as he's prone to do, exceptionally well for 2 weeks and then be traded, not a distraction? Is it a farewell party? With an announcement of Melo's leaving date, a toast, a tear and a good luck cheer?

A rebuild is imminent for Denver. No point prolonging the pain.

Abandon Nugget!

Paul1355

All Star
IF Melo came here as a FA then we would have a solid, VERY solid team with a great bench and I think Gallo would be ten times better as a bench player, same with Chandler.

The problem is that from the Nugget's perspective, i think Melo signs with the Knicks as a FA being a probable 5%....the Nuggets will have to get something for Melo and they would trade with the Knicks just to end the saga.

We would give up Gallo, Chandler, and maybe Randolph to get 1st round picks....I dont see us trading young guys in Fields or Douglas...that would be foolish for Denver because they don't know what to expect from rookies and we know they are good so I think Donnie will try to avoid trading smart guys like Fields and hustlers like Douglas.

LeFlume

All Star
I think 'Melo prefers to be traded. The people in Denver love him. If he do a LeBron and walk away without giving something back. Well, Let's say he doesn't want to be hated like LeBron.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I think you guys misunderstood me. My point was I don't think the distraction to the team is motivation to move him right now, before the season starts.

Distracting a team that is going to be blown up and rebuilt should not matter.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I think you guys misunderstood me. My point was I don't think the distraction to the team is motivation to move him right now, before the season starts.

Distracting a team that is going to be blown up and rebuilt should not matter.

Oh, right. Well, I agree completely.

Their butts will still be air tight, though. New GM, Ujiri, has moseyed in to a nightmare.

I'm going to repeat myself and say: They're (DEN) backed in to a corner and we don't need to offer up the farm to them.

Rights to J Jordan
Curry
Spurs pick via trade - if that's legit. Gallo or Chandler?
Randolph
2014 pick
2nd rounder.

Not a chicken wing more. No Gov, no Douglas, no Landry.

If they don't take it, there's not much better on offer 'til mid December. Again, why prolong the pain?

Kiyaman

Legend
For those who are in denial..........
The Cavs will make the playoffs without Lebron this season.
The Nuggets will make the playoffs without Carmelo this season.

How come I see Carmelo Anthony as the 30 point T-Mac?
Melo had great defensive bigmen Camby/Rene/Birdman (thanks to us) with
PG-Andre Miller in his rookie season. Denver needed leadership in the
backcourt so they went after one of the top leadership players in the
NBA in Chuancy Billups (player-coach).

The Knicks went all out to sign 2-max contracts in the 2010 offseason.
The only position the Knicks were very solid at the past 4 seasons were
the Foward spots (PF/SF). The Knicks being cripple for 3 straight seasons
at the center/SG/and PG position meant nothing to Knick management/coach.

Here is questions for all the real Knick-Fans .......
What position or players were the Knicks suppose to go after with 2-max money?
Is rookie Mozgov a 30 mpg starting center?
Was C-Al Jefferson a FA?
Is Mason/Walker/and injured Azu a starting SG or backup?
Is Wilson Chandler a starting SG or starting SF?
Would Morrow/Walker/Fields be decent sharing 48 mpg at SG?
Has Felton showed any signs in 5 seasons as being a leadership PG?
Would PG-Farmers challenging PG-Felton for starter minutes been a well
put plan in our backcourt rotation?
After the Lebron decision ......would u have resign F/C-David Lee to start with F/C-Amare this season? then go from there?

Paul1355

All Star
The Nuggets will make the playoffs without Carmelo this season.

How come I see Carmelo Anthony as the 30 point T-Mac?
Melo had great defensive bigmen Camby/Rene/Birdman (thanks to us) with
PG-Andre Miller in his rookie season. Denver needed leadership in the
backcourt so they went after one of the top leadership players in the
NBA in Chuancy Billups (player-coach).

The Knicks went all out to sign 2-max contracts in the 2010 offseason.
The only position the Knicks were very solid at the past 4 seasons were
the Foward spots (PF/SF). The Knicks being cripple for 3 straight seasons
at the center/SG/and PG position meant nothing to Knick management/coach.

Here is questions for all the real Knick-Fans .......
What position or players were the Knicks suppose to go after with 2-max money?
Is rookie Mozgov a 30 mpg starting center?
Was C-Al Jefferson a FA?
Is Mason/Walker/and injured Azu a starting SG or backup?
Is Wilson Chandler a starting SG or starting SF?
Would Morrow/Walker/Fields be decent sharing 48 mpg at SG?
Has Felton showed any signs in 5 seasons as being a leadership PG?
Would PG-Farmers challenging PG-Felton for starter minutes been a well
put plan in our backcourt rotation?
After the Lebron decision ......would u have resign F/C-David Lee to start with F/C-Amare this season? then go from there?
Kiya the Cavs are going to be one of the worst teams in the NBA i dont know where u came up with that prediciton...the Nuggets had over 50 wins last year so they can easily make the playoffs again if melo stays the whole year but the pressure of him leaving will make them play worse

Getting melo would be equal to our two max contracts which would make the off season an A grade

nyk_nyk

All Star

Take a look at the entire list of eastern conference teams and then tell me you seriously believe the Cavs are top eight. I doubt you will.

Stop the tom foolery!