Do we have a shot at J-Rich?

smokes

Huge Member
Jason Richardson ended the 2010-11 season with the Orlando Magic, finishing off a six-year, $70 million contract.

?I don?t have a job,? Richardson said. ?I?ve taken care of my money and it won?t be a problem for me financially. I would guess that it won?t be a problem for 85 to 90 percent of the players. But you?re seeing some players going overseas for a lot less money. They just want to play.?

Once the lockout ends, free agency begins and Richardson is one of the top shooting guards on the market. He split the 2010-11 season between the Magic and Phoenix Suns, averaging 15.6 points and 4.1 rebounds, making 189 3-pointers.

Money, however, may not be the deciding factor in Richardson?s next destination.

?I want to go to a great place for my family,? Richardson said. ?I?ve been blessed by God to play in the NBA for a lot of money. I?d like to go someplace that has a chance to win a championship.?

So it seems he's ruling out Orlando as a place that has a chance to win a Championship. You'd imagine he'd be wanting to get significant minutes, which would never happen in a place like Miami (DWade), Boston (Allen), LA (Kobe), OKC (Harden).

Taking his words to heart you'd think the only places he's likely to fit in are Chicago and NY. However I bet Chicago would be all over him considering their huge weakness at the 2 since losing Ben Gordon.

It would be pretty much a dream if we could land J-Rich for the MLE and a couple of bigs for vet minimums.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
So it seems he's ruling out Orlando as a place that has a chance to win a Championship. You'd imagine he'd be wanting to get significant minutes, which would never happen in a place like Miami (DWade), Boston (Allen), LA (Kobe), OKC (Harden).

Taking his words to heart you'd think the only places he's likely to fit in are Chicago and NY. However I bet Chicago would be all over him considering their huge weakness at the 2 since losing Ben Gordon.

It would be pretty much a dream if we could land J-Rich for the MLE and a couple of bigs for vet minimums.
Agreed. He sounds sincere. It's not totally out of the question. McGrady, when playing with us, said money is not his concern after all the money he made, and well, he took the vet. minimum. Whether or not he took it to prove he can be paid more with how he played and how healthy he was or not is a different story, but, he took a lot less. I would love if Richardson came on our team for much less.

Edit: You said MLE. I say no to that. I'd rather try for someone younger such as Afflalo (if he and others would accept it) if we're gonna use it on a shooting guard.

Vet. minimum big men who makes a significant impact might not be available. There's a few shooting guards available who would be less than the MLE who would be good enough.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
But he hid his gentleman's sausage in Steve Nash's fiancee. D'Antoni would surely consider this a deplorable and unforgivable act against god.

MikeD%27Antoni.jpg

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I should add that I wouldn't mind having him on the roster for the sake of bolstering spots 1-3 in our second unit.

Douglas, Shumpert, Fields sounds like a very capable and athletic perimeter defensive unit, and would (though I don't necessarily like it) be great for a small ball squad to put Melo at the 4 as STAT rests.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Wow, guess J-Rich pulled a Tony Parker.

The drama in the NBA seems like it's too much to handle sometimes. Between Parker cheating on Eva Longoria, Kobe in Colorado, J-Rich with Nash's wife, and Delonte with LeBron's mom, it seems as if the idea of being faithful to anybody and/or anything is kind of a dying art these days.

He'll go to MIami, just another guy who thinks it will be easy....

Would he be a good addition for us? Definitely, but not for the MLE.

I'd rather spent that on big men.

smokes

Huge Member

Why would he go to Miami to play behind DWade and possibly even Mike Miller? He's a 30+ minutes per game starter not a backup.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer

No chance he'll go to Miami. He's a pure 2 and would have to back up Wade. Honestly, he's a perfect fit for us but I don't see him taking the MLE (if there is one when the lockout is over) just to sign with us.

smokes

Huge Member
No chance he'll go to Miami. He's a pure 2 and would have to back up Wade. Honestly, he's a perfect fit for us but I don't see him taking the MLE (if there is one when the lockout is over) just to sign with us.

Judging by the article (although players have said this before) he would probably take the MLE. The question is can we lure him away from Chicago? If they get him they would be pretty much a complete team. We'd have to have a hell of a pitch.

Judging by the article (although players have said this before) he would probably take the MLE. The question is can we lure him away from Chicago? If they get him they would be pretty much a complete team. We'd have to have a hell of a pitch.

So be it. I'd rather see Chicago win a championship with D-Rose and former Knick Tom Thibs than ****ing Miami!

keyser soze

Benchwarmer

I never buy it when players say they "would consider" taking less money to play with one team vs another. But hey, it's certainly not impossible.

jpz17

Starter
I think J-Rich COULD end up in NY. that would be huge because it is one big piece we are missing! Sure we lack a center but we lack a SG (or a good performance out of Fields) almost as much. Richardson already proved he works well in a D'Antoni'-like team... Now lets get 'em.

It may only be for a year, but Billups, J-Rich, Melo, and Amare would do work

Give me J-Rich(vet minimum) and Dalembert or Przybilla/Foster and I think that will be enough.

Billups - TD, Carter, Shumpert
J-Rich- Fields, Shumpert, Walker
Melo- Williams, Walker
STAT- Williams, Turiaf, Harellson, Jerome Jordan
Dalembert or Przybilla/Foster - Jerome Jordan, Harellson,Turiaf

Last edited:

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
:teeth::teeth: Yeah keep dreaming he will definitely get more than the minimum.

How can you be so sure? Remember that at 31, Jrich is not as athletic as he used to be. His 3ball is excellent and can be decent offensively. I'd say he is a more athletic, less defensive-minded DeShawn Stevenson.

If we base it on talent level, J-Rich can definitely be lured in with the MLE, especially with Stat n' Melo here.

:beer:

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
How can you be so sure? Remember that at 31, Jrich is not as athletic as he used to be. His 3ball is excellent and can be decent offensively. I'd say he is a more athletic, less defensive-minded DeShawn Stevenson.

If we base it on talent level, J-Rich can definitely be lured in with the MLE, especially with Stat n' Melo here.

Um because even you said he would get the MLE. That's much more than the veteran minimum like he said.