G- Pablo Prigrioni

Injured Reserve
G- Iman Shumpert- All Rookie 1st Team

will update as changes are made

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Good thread, prediction time

We resign Lin, J.R, and Novak. Douglas will be traded or just left on the bench.

Sixers did not give qualifying offer to Jodie Meeks who would be a perfect backup SG for our team...he hits the open 3 and spreads the floor and he is cheap.

We use the exceptions on Jason Kidd (1.9 mil) and Marcus Camby (3 mil)

Vet minmum on Shawne Williams who is being bought out by Portland as we speak and is reported to be linked to Knicks

Vet minimum for Jared Jeffries

Vet minimum on Jodie Meeks

"Might" resign Mike Bibby as our 3rd PG because of how he played when Woodson took over. But we should look at a PG in the d league or summer league as a 3rd string. However, Douglas might have taken over Bibby's spot just because he is still under contract but we have to dump Toney D.

Chris Smith, J.r's brother might make the team.

Starters:
Lin
J.R .Smith
Melo
Amare
Chandler

Bench:
Kidd-PG/SG(When we put him with Lin)
Meeks-SG
Novak-SF
Williams-SF/PF
Camby-C
Jeffries-PF/C
Harrelson-C/PF

Reserve: Shumpert and Douglas

CA7

Scoring Champ
Doubt we get Meeks for the vet minimum

I would go like this

Re-Sign JR, Lin, Novak and Jeffries

Add Camby(BAE)

Add Courtney Lee(MLE)

Trade Toney and Jordan for Greivis Vasquez

C- Chandler/Camby/Harrellson
F- Stoudemire/Jeffries
F- Anthony/Williams/Novak
G- Lee/Smith/Shumpert(IR)
G- Lin/Vasquez

Paul1355

All Star
Doubt we get Meeks for the vet minimum

I would go like this

Re-Sign JR, Lin, Novak and Jeffries

Add Camby(BAE)

Add Courtney Lee(MLE)

Trade Toney and Jordan for Greivis Vasquez

C- Chandler/Camby/Harrellson
F- Stoudemire/Jeffries
F- Anthony/Williams/Novak
G- Lee/Smith/Shumpert(IR)
G- Lin/Vasquez

Camby has made it known that he will only accept the MLE at 3 mil or more.....so that leaves us with the biannual which Kidd might accept...or Pablo Prigioni from Spain if Kidd wants more money

Courtney Lee is a very nice choice for MLE but I would take Camby over him since J.R will get big minutes anyways and where does Lee go when Shumpert comes back? We need a solid big man when Tyson gets in foul trouble, which is always.

We should get a cheap SG backup option...Meeks qualifying offer was for a littler over 1 million dollars so if the Sixers wont pay over 1 mil, then it means his value is very low around vet minimum. Other options for vet minimum at SG are Kieth Bogans, Damien Wilkins, Cartier Martin, Mo Evans, and Jerry Stackhouse...atleast these guys can hit an open shot unlike Fields.

Vazquez had a nice year...no way a team trades him for Douglas and Jordan...dont even get into trades on this thread...just think realistic moves....Douglas will be used to shed cap space for another team.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Camby has made it known that he will only accept the MLE at 3 mil or more.....so that leaves us with the biannual which Kidd might accept...or Pablo Prigioni from Spain if Kidd wants more money

Courtney Lee is a very nice choice for MLE but I would take Camby over him since J.R will get big minutes anyways and where does Lee go when Shumpert comes back? We need a solid big man when Tyson gets in foul trouble, which is always.

We should get a cheap SG backup option...Meeks qualifying offer was for a littler over 1 million dollars so if the Sixers wont pay over 1 mil, then it means his value is very low around vet minimum. Other options for vet minimum at SG are Kieth Bogans, Damien Wilkins, Cartier Martin, Mo Evans, and Jerry Stackhouse...atleast these guys can hit an open shot unlike Fields.

Vazquez had a nice year...no way a team trades him for Douglas and Jordan...dont even get into trades on this thread...just think realistic moves....Douglas will be used to shed cap space for another team.

In that case tell Camby **** off he's made his money. I'd rather add experienced youth though. Kidd and Camby are 38 and 39 I think come on now.

Also Vasquez could be had. Not saying the trade will or should happen but if we're looking for a guard we should look to teams who have the depth at the position and pull off a trade. With Jack/Rivers/likely Gordon Vasquez could be the odd man out

Paul1355

All Star
In that case tell Camby **** off he's made his money. I'd rather add experienced youth though. Kidd and Camby are 38 and 39 I think come on now.

Also Vasquez could be had. Not saying the trade will or should happen but if we're looking for a guard we should look to teams who have the depth at the position and pull off a trade. With Jack/Rivers/likely Gordon Vasquez could be the odd man out

yea but not for TD and Jordan...I hope it happens but doubtful...

Now my case for Camby...yes Kidd and Camby are old but Glen Grunwald himself said this when answering what the team needs: Grunwald said: "Experience"

That tells me he wants guys as mentors, guys with experience, guys that can come in and be clutch and not be rattled by the spot light or big name players, old school guys like Kidd and Camby.

Camby averaged 25 minutes a game last year AND in 25 min averaged 5 ppg, 9 rebounds!, and 1.4 blocks...those are some nice numbers for someone averaging 25 min per game.

Kidd would be a nice back up, he can run the floor, hit an open shot and find guys open like Novak.

CA7

Scoring Champ
yea but not for TD and Jordan...I hope it happens but doubtful...

Now my case for Camby...yes Kidd and Camby are old but Glen Grunwald himself said this when answering what the team needs: Grunwald said: "Experience"

That tells me he wants guys as mentors, guys with experience, guys that can come in and be clutch and not be rattled by the spot light or big name players, old school guys like Kidd and Camby.

Camby averaged 25 minutes a game last year AND in 25 min averaged 5 ppg, 9 rebounds!, and 1.4 blocks...those are some nice numbers for someone averaging 25 min per game.

Kidd would be a nice back up, he can run the floor, hit an open shot and find guys open like Novak.

I feel you but still we gotta get guys who can run, Miami is going small ball it seems and we need to counter that. If we were a WC team then yeah but Camby just doesn't seem worth our MLE at this point in his career

Kidd maybe but even then I'd go for Delonte West who can play both guard spots and is capable of keeping up with the Heat

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Update

Head Coach- Mike Woodson

Starting 5
C- Tyson Chandler- 2012 Defensive Player of the Year, All-NBA 3rd Team
F- Amar'e Stoudemire
F- Carmelo Anthony- 2012 NBA All Star, All-NBA 3rd Team, #6 in scoring
G- ????????
G- ????????

Bench
G- Toney Douglas
C- Jerome Jordan
F- Josh Harrellson
C- Dan Gadzuric

Injured Reserve
G- Iman Shumpert- All Rookie 1st Team

James White is the cheap option at guard. J-Kidd I believe will get signed in the end. Rashard Lewis is a possibility if Novak leaves and Smith is also questionable. Knicks will match to retain Lin and should go after Camby.

C - Ty
PF - Stat
SF - Melo
SG - ??? (maybe J.R.)
PG - Lin

Bench
J-Kidd (still not a total lock, just a prediction)
James White
Camby???
Harrelson
Douglas
Novak or Lewis ????
Mike Bibby???

injured reserve- Iman

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
would you use mid level exception on Bass a PF or Camby a Center?

Would like it if it was possible to get both. I've always liked Camby, I have his old jersey when he was on the Knicks. Bass is younger and more of an offensive threat. I would like to get Camby over Bass just because I've always been a fan. If Camby goes some place else, go for Bass.

Paul1355

All Star
Would like it if it was possible to get both. I've always liked Camby, I have his old jersey when he was on the Knicks. Bass is younger and more of an offensive threat. I would like to get Camby over Bass just because I've always been a fan. If Camby goes some place else, go for Bass.

Bigger need is Camby though.

What happens when Tyson gets in foul trouble?

We will give up a million points because we don't have a legit center to defend the paint, Camby is the answer.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Bigger need is Camby though.

What happens when Tyson gets in foul trouble?

We will give up a million points because we don't have a legit center to defend the paint, Camby is the answer.

Camby was and is my first option, close second is Bass. Camby's the man. You've seen the damage Bass can do, but Camby defensive prowess and position is a higher priority. I agree, but always need a backup plan.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
James White is the cheap option at guard. J-Kidd I believe will get signed in the end. Rashard Lewis is a possibility if Novak leaves and Smith is also questionable. Knicks will match to retain Lin and should go after Camby.

C - Ty
PF - Stat
SF - Melo
SG - ??? (maybe J.R.)
PG - Lin

Bench
J-Kidd (still not a total lock, just a prediction)
James White
Camby???
Harrelson
Douglas
Novak or Lewis ????
Mike Bibby???

injured reserve- Iman

J-Kidd check. Next Lin and Novak.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I understand it would be nice to add a big to backup Chandler, but am I the only one that liked what harrelson brought in the few minutes he was in the games? Honestly, you don't have to be a super star to be in my squad, just show some hustle, run the floor and play the best D you can and I think every minute he gives Chandler is a plus

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
ima go ahead and take a guess on what happens.

2012-13 roster

PG. Lin--Kidd
SG. Foye--Shumpert*, Smith
SF. Melo--Novak, Smith
PF. STAT--Jeffries
C. Chandler--Harrelson, Jordan

*: replaces Foye when he returns from injury.

my guess on how things go. if we keep the MLE in a sign&trade for kidd then pursue Camby for the MLE.

i think this squad can do some work in my opinion

Last edited:

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
I understand it would be nice to add a big to backup Chandler, but am I the only one that liked what harrelson brought in the few minutes he was in the games? Honestly, you don't have to be a super star to be in my squad, just show some hustle, run the floor and play the best D you can and I think every minute he gives Chandler is a plus

I haven't forgotten, he's a smart player. Even without the athletic ability of STAT he still plays smarter and better D, LOL. The Nash sign and trade involved Jorts and was one of the reasons adding on to losing Shump to why I disapproved. Lose expiring contracts who can be used for other trades, lose Jorts who not a bad role player, losing money, and the biggest reason losing a great defender in Shumpert.

["Iman Shumpert may have to replace Fields in a package that also may include Dan Gadzuric?s $1.4 million non-guaranteed contract, Toney Douglas? expiring pact, Jerome Jordan and Josh Harrellson. Nash could end up making up to $8 million. Without a sign-and-trade, the Knicks only have their $3.09 million mini-midlevel exception".]