i'm not understanding the love for phily

erivera

Benchwarmer
i understand they got bynum in the fold, but i don't think he's a franchise guy. it's as if everybody forgot how immature he acted in los angeles at times. now this guy is the leader of a team. i can't wait til bynum starts shooting three's and philly is losing. lol

CA7

Scoring Champ
They feel Bynum will all of a sudden thrust them to the top of the Atlantic and him and ET will be a modern day Penny and Shaq.

They do have decent depth though

Bynum
Turner
Holiday
Young
Richardson
Wright
Moultrie
Brown
Allen

isn't bad just a lot of streaky guys and guys stepping into bigger roles.

I'm excited to see Evan Turner though he's my pick for Most Improved this year

they are a 40-50 win team if they remain healthy

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I understand what your saying, i feel alot of people over hype the sixers as well i was browsing on some other forum and they actually had the sixers as a 3rd seed in the eastern conference :lol: but....

IF Bynum can eventually mature and stay healthy the 76'ers have potential to be something special in the future... especially if turner excels and takes his game to the next level.

Holiday, Turner, Bynum, and young the future is bright for them

The sixers currently have a nice little roster this season i wouldn't sleep on them but i wouldn't be to threatened by them either, if Bynum struggles they may have a tough time... i see them taking maybe the 6th or 7th seed.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
Sixers lost 2 of their best defensive forces last season
This Bynum love is only a result of espn man crush on the lakers and them backing up Bynum on the sixers will help them prove how the lakers were great with him and how much bloated BS hype lakers and espn sent out over past few years to sell Bynum to rest of league

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I think Bynum is really talented.

He's a true center w alot of skill. He got the right kinda coach in Doug Collins.

I wouldn't sleep on him.

KingCharles34

All Star
I agree with Ron, Bynum is a tough player to stop and he makes an impact on defense and offense. I see Philly being a great defensive team still, they just gotta score more. Some of those guys need to take it up another level offensively, if Turner does then him and Bynum could make a very good duo NH

erivera

Benchwarmer
i think philly will be a playoff team, but i see people saying they can go to the conference finals. im shocked seeing that stuff. i think bynum is going to have to do a lot of growing up because now he's going to be the go to guy in philly.

erivera

Benchwarmer
also as a knick fan im not as worried about bynum as other teams might be bc we have 4 guys who could defend him over the course of a game chandler, camby, thomas, and wallace. no one guy can shut him down, but 4 different guys could give him a lot of trouble

Wargames

Starter
Philly is full of trash players with potential but realistically its all about bynum in the 4th. That team is going to give him the ball to score so teams with good big men defenders (to double team him) will be ok. Luckily we got that so we should win the matchups.

Forrest17

Rotation player
He will be a franchise guy in the East. With Dwight out west, Chandler is the only other Center that will be able to really hold him down.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I thought u was alone in thinking they weren't all that special. They just lost their top defensive player and added Nick young to replace mouse, dunno how that makes em better. They did get bynum but as I said, the defense is worse and bynum is an erratic player. Sort of aa baby. I don't see it. Last year they had a good route in the playoffs and caught some breaks wasn't all talent. Not taking anything away from them but we handled them well in the season and we vastly improved our depth and size, and defense! Let em keep sleeping on us. They only gonna end up sucking us later so, I ain't got no worries

KingCharles34

All Star
I have no questions about Bynums ability and skills, but u guys bring up a good point with his attitude. There were stretches last year where he didnt deal with some things too well and I thought he let McGee and the Nuggets take him out of too much of that playoff series. The broadcasters kept sayin McGee was stronger then Bynum and outplaying him but I dont think hes stronger. It looked to me like Bynum was thinkin too much and losing his confidence, hes gotta realize hes too skilled and physically gifted to let anyone take him out of his game.

At the same time lets remember hes still young and last year was his best year so far no matter how u break it down. Hes had alotta injury problems in the past that slowed down his progression but I dont think hes reached his max potential yet and when he does it will be Dwight who?

I do think even without Iguodala their still a top 5 team defensively. Bynum gives them good interior defense and rebounding. And as a Kobe fan I hate to admit it but Metro is 100% right. Kobes still a great player but he didnt go to or set up Bynum enough, Gasol as well. I dont blame Kobe for what happened in the playoffs, i thought he was great against the Thunder and at that point Bynum and Gasol were the culprits. Perkins Ibaka and Collison did their thing, There were other games where certain teams had no answer for Bynum but Kobe would shoot too much instead of feeding Bynum. Kobe's gotta let Nash dominate the ball next year. The irony is Carmelo and Kobe are both in similar situations. Both of them need to do more spot up shooting opposed to iso, and during the Olympics that style of play seems to favor Carmelo more then Kobe. Now that we have Kidd, Felton, and hopefully a healthy Stat, it should be easier for Melo to play more of a team game with less Iso.