Copeland signs a 2-year deal with Indiana

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
@WojYahooNBA 39s

Indiana is finalizing agreement on a two-year deal with Knicks free agent Chris Copeland, league sources tell Y!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Damn...I'm disappointed. Even worse that he signed with the Pacers (not because they get better, but they've been the Knicks' rival since the '90s).

petescud

Starter
We have no $$$ so i'm not gonna get upset....kudos to the heat organization for managing their $$$

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Can't blame the guy, we're talking about a 2 years $6M deal here, twice as much as we could offer. All best to you Cope!

knicksince 93

Rotation player
We lost Chris Copeland and people are acting like its the end of the world... but we gained bargnani and people are acting like its the end of the world. Bargnani is the same player but significantly better... it's Chris Copeland come on now guys

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

tiger0330

Legend
We didn't pay Cope 12M. Bargnani is a bust, people describing him as liking the game of bball but loving the perks that come with being an NBA player. NY fans are going to hate this guy when they see how soft he is.

Rob Low

Rotation player
I don't really mind losing him but how can you go to the team that eliminated us from the playoffs? What happened to all that loyalty him and his agent were talking about?

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Have y'all not seen fields, lin and now cope. They won't be anything more in those other places. D league players and 2nd rounders are gap filler players. Not solutions to problems.

tiger0330

Legend
CopelandMag7513.jpg

Kiyaman

Legend
Have y'all not seen fields, lin and now cope. They won't be anything more in those other places. D league players and 2nd rounders are gap filler players. Not solutions to problems.

Now that u speak of it .. if we woulrve played our hands right, we couldve had all 3 role-players (Lin, Fields, and Cope) for less than $18M per .. All 3 players have the potential of a 6th man.
The Lin-Sanity era showed us a trio of elite defensive guards "Lin, Shump, Fields" gellin through a 13-3 run .. thats called team-consistency.

The Toronto Raptors been the bottom-team in Atlantic Division the past 4 seasons .. now Toronto have trade pieces to become a 9th to 8th seeded team.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
I liked Cope and was hoping to retain him at a reasonable price, but 2 years $6mil is without question too much IMO.

Wish the man luck and happy he got a nice little contact for himself..... but had to be the Hicks that signed him?! Puck the Facers

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Kiyaman

Legend
Melo, shump, t.c., jr, felton,stat, kidd, kmart,pablo, cope.... ooops guess that's puts him at 10th....

Sorry to inform u .. we didnt need a 40 minute Melo, his slow halfcourt ISO-Melo-offense of walking the ball is only good for 30 minutes per game.
The other 18 minutes belong to Copeland, which makes Copeland apart of a 8-Man rotation.
Amare & K-Mart are PF that perform better with Copeland at SF, and no ISO-Melo in the lineup.
Next season looks like a diasaster waiting to happen with no "Old-Heads" input before each game, and ISO-Melo forcing bigmen to sit on the bench for his 40 minutes of playingtime at the PF spot.

Copeland's raw skills will be able to mix it up well at both forward spots in Pacers bigman rotation with Hibbert/West/Hansbro/Plumlee, being another top-3 rebounding team next season.