Prigioni signs with Knicks for 2 years

Paul1355

All Star
Alan Hahn@alanhahn9m
2 year deal for Priggie? RT @Pickandrollweb: Pablo Prigioni recibi? una oferta de los New York Knicks para seguir por dos temporadas m?s.

Translation: Pablo Prigioni received an offer from the New York Knicks to continue for two more seasons.

Edit: Prigs was offered 2 year deal, did not sign but will most likely accept.

Breaking: Pablo accepts 3 year deal....last year is a team option. Deal is at 6 million max for 3 years. 1.5 mi per year with incentives to boost it to 2 million a year.

http://theknicksblog.com/knicks/pablo-prigioni-re-signs-with-the-knicks/

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Pablo gets the Knicks first FA offer-deal layed on table .. before JR, Cope, and K-Mart.
How much $$$ we offered for 2 years?
How much more will the next-team (Kidd) offer Pablo in the next 2 weeks?

Paul1355

All Star
Pablo gets the Knicks first FA offer-deal layed on table .. before JR, Cope, and K-Mart.
How much $$$ we offered for 2 years?
How much more will the next-team (Kidd) offer Pablo in the next 2 weeks?
Kiya. Knicks most likely offered the ver minimum of just over 1 mil a year which is more than his first contract which was just under a mil. Money doesnt matter to Prigs, he just wanted the NBA experience.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya. Knicks most likely offered the ver minimum of just over 1 mil a year which is more than his first contract which was just under a mil. Money doesnt matter to Prigs, he just wanted the NBA experience.

:agreed:
True, Pablo did want to see if he can play on the NBA level, which he did very well at age 35 as a rookie.
Pablo playing 2 to 3 more years in the NBA will look good on his resume to become a HC in the Euro-League.
The question lies in whether Pablo want to be a part of ISO-Melo for the next 2 years at a minimum salary he can get from over half of the NBA teams?
Did the Knicks give Pablo a offer bc they plan on keeping Bargani?

Truth b said .. I thought rookies "Pablo & Cope" would b ink to resign on the same day...

Paul1355

All Star
True, Pablo did want to see if he can play on the NBA level, which he did very well at age 35 as a rookie.
Pablo playing 2 to 3 more years in the NBA will look good on his resume to become a HC in the Euro-League.
The question lies in whether Pablo want to be a part of ISO-Melo for the next 2 years at a minimum salary he can get from over half of the NBA teams?

Truth b said .. I thought rookies "Pablo & Cope" would b ink to resign on the same day...
Prigs plays on the bench squad anyways when melo comes out so I don't think he cares lol

But I liked when Prigs played with Melo. Prigs would give melo open shots....one thing Melo needs on this team is a better passing PG than Felton.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
According to multiple reporters Pablo will be returning to the Knicks on a three year $6M deal with the third year being a partially guaranteed team-option.

Felton, Shumpert, Anthony, Stoudemire, Chandler;
Prigioni, Hardaway, Smith, Leslie, Bargnani.

These are the Knicks currently under contract. Wondering if we'll be able to keep Cope and K-Mart.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
The Knicks gave up on Cope if they gave Prigs 2M of the MLE, that would leave about 1.2M to sign Cope so I doubt it.

I'm worried about KMart signing with his buddy JKidd for the vet's min instead of the Knicks, he would get more playing time here but you can see the Nets trotting out the come to Brooklyn if you want to win a ring like they do in Miami.

Rob Low

Rotation player
Pablo got 1.5 of the mle. They have 1.7 of it left. If Cope doesn't want it, see if Delfino will take it.

petescud

Starter
i agree with Rob, Delfino is not Cope....Cope's a good looking kid. I'm sure he can make up the difference w/endorsements in NY

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
dammit, ooh wells. hmmmm. unless hardaway jr learns and becomes a defensive phenom during this summer. hah, nah.

I guess its evident that we drafted hardaway to replace Novak. Consistent 3 point shooter that adds other dynamics to our team. I like the pick still and I think hell be an important piece moving forward

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Seba

Benchwarmer
The Knicks gave up on Cope if they gave Prigs 2M of the MLE, that would leave about 1.2M to sign Cope so I doubt it.

I'm worried about KMart signing with his buddy JKidd for the vet's min instead of the Knicks, he would get more playing time here but you can see the Nets trotting out the come to Brooklyn if you want to win a ring like they do in Miami.

My thoughts exactly. I really hope we resign KMart. If we do, I'd call this free agency a complete success, regardless of what happens with Cope and all the vet min's we will sign.

DrB

Benchwarmer
PABLO has some good things but OFFENSE is not one of them

This guy is easily our starting PG.
Let me understand you? You are starting Pablo over Felton. Ok Pablo is good defense but he drives to the basket ala MANU GINOBLI but can't finish and kicks it out all the time. He can't jump shoot or create offense off the dribble so he must develop the tear drop, continue to work on his 3 point shooting and will be a good back up for Felton.

What ISO melo offense ????? can we please stop with the ISO melo crap the guy went out of his way in the playoffs to move the ball every game, he passed and passed and passed and you know what happened. every one except Copeland Bricked and BRICKED and BRICKED and BRICKED. lol, unreal, the ball flew around the corners half of melos shots were wide open mid range shots, got to the foul line or wide open threes, every thing else was a jr smith brick, an amare miss, a chandler miss right under the hoop, or a kidd air ball. no one made shots, at all; had nothing to do with ISO melo ball you weirdo.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
What ISO melo offense ????? can we please stop with the ISO melo crap the guy went out of his way in the playoffs to move the ball every game, he passed and passed and passed and you know what happened. every one except Copeland Bricked and BRICKED and BRICKED and BRICKED. lol, unreal, the ball flew around the corners half of melos shots were wide open mid range shots, got to the foul line or wide open threes, every thing else was a jr smith brick, an amare miss, a chandler miss right under the hoop, or a kidd air ball. no one made shots, at all; had nothing to do with ISO melo ball you weirdo.

Thank you thank you thank you. Kiya looks at stats and says his assists are low so iso. Not the role players bricking

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2