Gallo - $4.2 (team option)
Turiaf - $4.4 (player option)
Felton - $7*
Randolph - $3.0 (team option)
Douglas - $1.2 (team option)
Walker - $1 (team option)
Mozgov - $3* (team option)
Chandler - $3.1 (team option)
3 2nd Round Picks (Rautins, Jordan, Fields) - $2.5 (total)

Note - * approximation
Note that Azubuike is a FA.

Total 46.7 Million (that is if we exercise all team options)

This year's cap is set at 58.1 million. Assuming a small increase of 1 million to be safe, and we are at $59.1 million. We will be at 12.4 million under the cap assuming we resign everyone. We will most likely exercise Gallo and Randolph's contract and pick up another second round pick. We will most likely let Chandler walk to clear an additional 3.1 million. For a shot at Melo, we would let Mozgov walk. So, there is another 3 million. Now we are at 18.5 under the cap. And there we go, we have room to sign Melo for about 17 per year.

In light of a possible shake down during the next negotiation between the player's union and owners, the cap can go down.

I'm saying, this could happen. And the year after, perhaps we can grab Deron Williams, who I would pick over CP3 primarily due to health concerns, and he is just as nice.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Nice. We have great flexibility.

So even if this offseason's acquisitions don't pan out, we can still bring in new players to replace them in the coming years.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Nice. We have great flexibility.

So even if this offseason's acquisitions don't pan out, we can still bring in new players to replace them in the coming years.

We have a lot of flexibility. We still need to fill out the roster and sign at least 13 players.

We can easily be 10 million over after next year's FA acquisitions. I guess losing a lot of our first round picks were a blessing in disguise. Isiah is a genius after all HAHAHA!!

Paul1355

All Star
Amare - $18.5*
Gallo - $4.2 (team option)
Turiaf - $4.4 (player option)
Felton - $7*
Randolph - $3.0 (team option)
Douglas - $1.2 (team option)
Walker - $1 (team option)
Mozgov - $3* (team option)
Chandler - $3.1 (team option)
3 2nd Round Picks (Rautins, Jordan, Fields) - $2.5 (total)

Note - * approximation
Note that Azubuike is a FA.

Total 46.7 Million (that is if we exercise all team options)

This year's cap is set at 58.1 million. Assuming a small increase of 1 million to be safe, and we are at $59.1 million. We will be at 12.4 million under the cap assuming we resign everyone. We will most likely exercise Gallo and Randolph's contract and pick up another second round pick. We will most likely let Chandler walk to clear an additional 3.1 million. For a shot at Melo, we would let Mozgov walk. So, there is another 3 million. Now we are at 18.5 under the cap. And there we go, we have room to sign Melo for about 17 per year.

In light of a possible shake down during the next negotiation between the player's union and owners, the cap can go down.

I'm saying, this could happen. And the year after, perhaps we can grab Deron Williams, who I would pick over CP3 primarily due to health concerns, and he is just as nice.
i was wondering how much money we would have left over with exercising some team options, and with all hte options Donnie can basically choose who to let go adn who to sign cheap...i like it...and people are saying thatTuriaf won't exercie his option at 4 million, so if he doesnt then we can keep Mozgov, but if Mozgov turns out being a beast then we should keep him and trade Chandler.

GeeboBXNY

Benchwarmer
thanks for the breakdown. I like our position, I like where we stand right now. But only time will til. But we're deff. on to a nice, fresh start.

Wow i have to say Donnie's plans are really working out i feel like a fool now for not believing , finally someone to put the Knicks in the right direction.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Wow i have to say Donnie's plans are really working out i feel like a fool now for not believing , finally someone to put the Knicks in the right direction.

That was always the beauty of the 2010 plan. LeBron was the trump card of course, and in the end, made a good distraction from 2 years of expiring contracts to get under the cap.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
we finally have flexibility. something we havent had in years. ohh and a couple of other huge things; a superstar made for NY ( STAT ) a young PG with skill set to shine ( Felton ) toughness ( buke, and turiaf ) and young up and coming talent ( Gallo, Randolph etc ). these were all missing for the past decade. things are looking good.:gony: