PLAYERPROFILES7a.jpg

PLAYERPROFILES6a.jpg
PLAYERPROFILES13a.jpg
PLAYERPROFILES14a.jpg
PLAYERPROFILES2a.jpg
PLAYERPROFILES4a.jpg
PLAYERPROFILES9a.jpg

nyk1011header_NEWS.jpg

Gallinari and Stoudemire were at it again Saturday.

The duo combined for 70 points - 45 after halftime - in a 124-115 win against the struggling Los Angeles Clippers.

?It was like a video game,? Stoudemire said after scoring a season-high 39. ?? The positive from this is that we?re on a three-game winning streak and our chemistry?s now starting to come together. We showed how good we can be and what it takes to win, and we?re showing winning qualities. We?ve just got to keep it going.?

gallofeltonmain1011.jpg

STAT NAMED EC PLAYER OF THE WEEK.
amaremaingen1010.jpg

Stoudemire averaged 29.0 points on .608 shooting from the field, 9.5 rebounds and compiled eight blocks, leading the Knicks to a 3-1 week on a four-game west coast road trip. The Knicks' captain posted a point/rebound double-double in each of New York's three wins during the week and scored a season-high 39 points while adding 11 boards in a victory over the Los Angeles Clippers on Saturday night.

THE CURSE OF THE GARDEN MUST BE LIFTED

msg.jpg

New York is just 1-4 at MSG, largely due to its inaccuracy from beyond the arc. The Knicks are hitting an NBA-worst 26.0 percent of their 3-pointers at home, while they?ve knocked down 38.9 percent on the road.

They?re 5-0 when they hit 40 percent or more from 3, and 1-8 otherwise.

THE CURSE AND OUR CURRENT BIG 3.

Stoudemire?s production has been consistent regardless of venue, but that hasn?t been true for his teammates.

Felton, who will be facing the Bobcats (5-8) for the first time after spending his first five seasons with Charlotte, is averaging 19.3 points and shooting 50.4 percent on the road as opposed to 14.2 points and 41.3 percent at home.

Gallinari?s differences have been even worse. He?s averaged 25.4 points and hit 43.2 percent of his 3-pointers in his last five road games. In the Knicks? five home games, he?s averaged 12.8 points and shot 25.0 percent from beyond the arc.

CO-CAPTAIN FELTON PITS HIMSELF AGAINST HIS FORMER FRANCHISE

Not sure how many of you boys know, but Raymond was destroyed by Jameer Nelson in the first round of last year's ECSF.

Michael Jordan had seen enough to last him a lifetime, and pointed to the exit without, basically, saying a word.

101021_jordan_main.jpg

This had to have a profound effect on Raymond. In the video below, his frustrations are easily spotted.

This is as an emotional game as Felton's had since he left college.

KEY TO VICTORY

Composure. That, IMO, is paramount. The MSG crowd are ravenous for a victory after a 1-4 start at home. This team has the tools, the will and the savvy to pull out a victory. Whether or not we come through will come down to cohesion, composure, desire and belief in one another on the floor.

The NYK are a highly capable team. Great players and depth. We can beat the Bobcats.

KEY MATCH UP

Gallinari VS Wallace

ap-fb57175f12c843518d6ca675bde95e54.jpg

Gallo's been playing with his thinking cap on. Drawing fouls, timely cuts and passes, he's been fantastic. But come game time, he'll be under some serious defensive scrutiny. Wallace is a defensive stalwart and has been selected to the NBA's All Defensive first team. He also has an epic athletic edge on Gallo. A big test for our new found 3rd option and most clutch performer.

100305_wallace_01.jpg

NOTABLE INFO ABOUT CHARLOTTE'S CURRENT FORM

Perhaps Charlotte will be better served by playing at New York?s up-tempo pace on Tuesday and Wednesday. The Bobcats? 73.2 field-goal attempts per game are the league?s fewest, but they seemed invigorated running the floor with Phoenix on Saturday.

It helped that the Suns didn?t have Steve Nash(notes). Charlotte took a season-high 87 shots and hit a season-best 57.5 percent, getting the first triple-double in franchise history from Stephen Jackson(notes) (24 points, 10 boards, 10 assists) to lead the way to a 123-105 win.

?We knew that we could attack the rack and be aggressive, and we knew if we played defense we could beat these guys,? said Jackson, who?s averaged 26.0 points and hit 51.4 percent from 3-point range in his last four games.

Jackson?s two trips to MSG with Charlotte haven?t been as memorable. He shot 36.6 percent as the Knicks won each meeting by four points behind 26.5 points per game from Wilson Chandler(notes).

GOOD LUCK RAY. LET'S GO KNICKS!

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Hopefully the Knicks aren't to cocky after a winning streak. I keep bringing it up, but look what happened at Philly a while back. Go get this win NY!

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
As much as I want to buy into the positives, I have a feeling the Knicks lose this one based on past performance... heres a list of reasons why i suspect this:

Felton and Gallo were in a sweet zone out West, look for them to come back down to earth.

Knicks have been struggling at home.

Knicks can't handle success win 2 lose 6 in a row.

STAT has a tweaked ankle and Turiaf is a little banged up.

While this game may not seem important, I think it will be a great gauge of where this team is mentally. I hope I am wrong and Amare and Felton have stressed the importance of getting wins early in the season, as Knick win here would indicate some progress in the team's "culture."

This could be a trap game but I think as long as Wilson and Gallo put in decent games and Stat stays feed in the paint (they have no one to stop him) we'll find a way to take this one.... and hopefully start changing the culture around ^^^

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
They no longer have Felton (we do), who if I recall correctly torched us whenever he played against us.

We should be able to win. Let's get a nice home win, we haven't had one of those in a while. If the Knicks want to make the playoffs they need to be able to win games against teams of comparable skill level at home, so let's win this one.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Knicks will most likely lose at least one of the two games. Knicks have not proven they have changed one bit. The 3 games won were against scrubs and they still almost loss. Knicks can only win if they're hitting their 3 pointers which is not a mark of a good team. It's so funny how having a meaningless win streak has everyone riled up thinking the Knicks are suddenly a new team. This happens every year. I will need to see much much more before I get all excited.

CoolClyde

thread threat

awesome game thread loco ochos! one of best ever!
looking forward to the cock spidering his way thru Charlotte's web,
and Feltip giving it to his old team in spades.
i predict amazing game from STUD and a
spectacular laundry folding performance from Mrs. Fields.
go ny go ny go!
:afro:fro!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Knicks will most likely lose at least one of the two games. Knicks have not proven they have changed one bit. The 3 games won were against scrubs and they still almost loss. Knicks can only win if they're hitting their 3 pointers which is not a mark of a good team. It's so funny how having a meaningless win streak has everyone riled up thinking the Knicks are suddenly a new team. This happens every year. I will need to see much much more before I get all excited.

People talk about how they were scrub teams...but they were also on the road.

When was the last time the Knicks actually had an over .500 road trip?

moneyg

Starter
contain captain jack and boris diaw..

felton should be able to hold down dj since they practiced together all the time

Paul1355

All Star
good game thread...Felton's video reminds me so much of Carmelo "Its a business" which equals..."im leaving and going to new york"

tiger0330

Legend
Even the lowly Clips beat NO so I get what ur saying that a couple of games doesn't prove s**t but we do have better players this year.

Felton/Douglas are way better than Duhon/Nate, nuff said about Amare, Gallo looks to be coming around, Wilson is doing his thing, Turiaf/Mozgov/Stat give us a way better presence at F/C than we had last year with Lee/Harrington and maybe the cherry on top will be Az when he comes back.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Great thread, Crazy8s.

I predict the Knicks will get arrogant, sleep on the Bobcats, and lose tonight.

I don't mean to be pessimistic, but I don't remember the last time the Knicks played consistantly good basketball.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Great thread, Crazy8s.

I predict the Knicks will get arrogant, sleep on the Bobcats, and lose tonight.

I don't mean to be pessimistic, but I don't remember the last time the Knicks played consistantly good basketball.

you mean you can't help but be pessimistic, lol.. just messin.:thumbsup:

knicks win tnite. we have a formula for consistent victories now. :peace::beer: