DeShawn Stevenson?

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I don't like his attitude and he could be a problem in the locker room.

But this guy is a very solid defender and shoots the three-ball at a very high clip. With the Mavs acquiring Fernandez, I think he is available.

Plus, he's got beef with LeBron! :thumbsup:

Thoughts?

mafra

Legend
Stevenson, like Dahntay Jones, are 2 players we have to look at. I would prefer free agent Shane Battier. He's made a ton of cash in his career. Maybe he would welcome the opportunity to play in NY. If we're looking at a Lebron Stopper... These 3 would be at the top of my list.

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
RackMultipart.8807.0_display_image.jpg

LOVE this guy.

deshawn-stevenson-shirt2.jpg

The LeBron feud would make this pickup even more awesome.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Stevenson, like Dahntay Jones, are 2 players we have to look at. I would prefer free agent Shane Battier. He's made a ton of cash in his career. Maybe he would welcome the opportunity to play in NY. If we're looking at a Lebron Stopper... These 3 would be at the top of my list.

Out of the three, I would still take Stevenson. Dahntay Jones' shooting is horrible and Battier's D has been slipping off a bit.

Stevenson is the best 3-pt shooter out of the three.

mafra

Legend
Sign Stevenson, Kurt Thomas and either Kwame Brown or Joel Pryzbilla. Suddenly our defense wont be so bad.

mafra

Legend
Turiaf/Thomas, Shumpert and Stevenson can harrass Bosh, Wade & Lebron while Carmelo and Stoudemire handle the scoring.

This move made solely for the playoffs. PLUS, he should do well on Pierce as well.

p0nder

Starter
he is a bit of a head case, vocal, and defenseively strong. Has a good shot but could be a distraction off the court. Might also work as a scape goat for the media to latch too so they don't have to be in Amar'e and Melo's face all the time.

The lebron rivalry does make him more appealing but if it is between him and Battier, I'll take battier any day.

mafra

Legend
This is all you need to know about Stevenson... the "salary-dump throw-in' in the Butler-Haywood trade:

When Roddy B. returned from his practically season-long foot injury, DAL tried to get the young kid going for the post season. Coach removed DS from the starting lineup (even though his presence help propel DAL to such a blazing hot start)... DAL was losing games attempting this experiment and Roddy B. was awful.

STEVENSON didn't say beep. He didn't complain, bicker, make a stink... ANYTHING. Just played his part.

It was actually the vet players (Dirk, Marion, Kidd) who went to coach adn asked that DS be put back in the starting 5!

And... in the playoffs... when coach removed him from the starting 5, and replaced him with JJ B... AGAIN... he said nada. And when he was called upon, he was money.

While JJ, Terry & Kidd were cold... he was raining 3s.

I would say he would be a good fit.

1- He gets the chance to battle Lebron again.
2- He gets the stage of NYC
3- He has minutes and a chance to start at SG

I dont think some team will blow him away with a multi-year deal, so we might be able to grab him on a 1-2 year deal for a cheap price.

PLAY DEFENSE, hit 3s and stay out of trouble.

TO ME, if we go cheap and want to wait for 2012 free agency... Knicks must sign Kurt Thomas and Deshaun Stevenson.

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
This.

I would give you a +rep but I'm on my phone and it doesn't let me.

Exactly what I was thinking: Kwame, Stevenson, and Kurt. As well as getting Lawrence Frank as Assistant. Cant Wait :beer:

C-Kwame
PF-Amare
SF-Melo
SG-Stevenson
PG-Billups

Bench:

Fields
Shumpert
Douglas
Kurt Thomas
Shawne Williams
Harrelson
Turiaf

D-League:
Rautins
Jerome Jordan

Love this lineup

mafra

Legend
Exactly what I was thinking: Kwame, Stevenson, and Kurt. As well as getting Lawrence Frank as Assistant. Cant Wait :beer:

C-Kwame
PF-Amare
SF-Melo
SG-Stevenson
PG-Billups

Bench:

Fields
Shumpert
Douglas
Kurt Thomas
Shawne Williams
Harrelson
Turiaf

D-League:
Rautins
Jerome Jordan

Love this lineup

Plus... we might even get away with a Turiaf-Walker-Balkman deal for Jeff Foster & Josh McRoberts. Just load up on size... If we're concerned about Turiaf and his inability to stay healthy.

Since we want to run and play at a high-octane pace... Just rotate Kwame-Foster, along with Thomas-McRoberts.

We could play BIG if we want with a Billups-Carmelo-Amar'e-McRoberts/Thomas-Brown/Foster lineup.

ESPECIALLY if we don't think Jordan-Harrellson are ready yet.

tiger0330

Legend
Out of the three, I would still take Stevenson. Dahntay Jones' shooting is horrible and Battier's D has been slipping off a bit.

Stevenson is the best 3-pt shooter out of the three.
Yeah, his best playing days are behind him. Pass on Battier. I still think we have a need at C more than SG, Harrellson will be a backup at best and I would not like to go the whole year playing small ball with Williams as the C.

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
Love the idea. The Knicks can really improve their D and depth this offseason. However I am concerned about backlog at the 2. I'd try to unload Douglas for a guy like Caspi or for a pick, before pursuing DeShawn.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Love the idea. The Knicks can really improve their D and depth this offseason. However I am concerned about backlog at the 2. I'd try to unload Douglas for a guy like Caspi or for a pick, before pursuing DeShawn.

Agreed. If we get Deshawn I think Douglas is expendable. But for the right price.

Probably a center. Don't get me wrong, Casspi is good but Shawne Williams has been a great backup for Melo. Shawne shot the ball well from three and was very solid on the defensive end.

toNYknicks

Benchwarmer
DeShawn would be a great pick up for the knicks. Shoots the 3, spreads the floor, plays defense, and best of all knows how to get under Lebrons skin. Just dont want to see soulja boy at a knicks game but with Jay Z and the Nets in bk it should be interesting. Let the rivalries begin!

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
DeShawn would be a great pick up for the knicks. Shoots the 3, spreads the floor, plays defense, and best of all knows how to get under Lebrons skin. Just dont want to see soulja boy at a knicks game but with Jay Z and the Nets in bk it should be interesting. Let the rivalries begin!

I really wanna see this guy as a knick next season. Leggo!!!!1!!1!