My fears...

Blas

Benchwarmer
So recently I started to look at other NBA teams that are or were in a similar situation as the knicks. I do not think Donnie will let the Knicks become like them; however, you never know.

76er's
They overpaid the young AI with his new contract. The guy showed he couldn't play well in the post season and he never did enough to warrant that much money in my opinion.

They go out and pay a lot of money for Brand, their supposed all-star who hasn't produced very well.

Dalembert is back to his old ways.

How this could happen to the Knicks:
We overpay on Lee. Lee still hasn't proved he can be our starter and he still lacks some areas in his game. We have no idea what Lee can bring to the post season.

We sign someone like Boozer (in addition to our superstar if we could afford it). Boozer is a great player, but he isn't up there with James or Bosh. Boozer ditched Cleveland for money so who knows how much we would have to pay him. And I do not know what Boozer's motivations are: to win or money.

Duhon starts playing like in his Chicago days.

Why it may not happen to the Knicks:
I do not see Walsh overpaying anyone at this point because he will not jeopardize his plan in signing someone like Lebron. Matter in fact I do not think he will even try and cut it close.

D'antoni won't let someone who is only interested in money ruin this team.

Duhon has D'antoni teaching him how to play in his system. Nash became much better under D'antoni. Duhon probably will become better also.

Raptors
This team has a solid point guard, solid role-players, a superstar, and a good/great player in O'neil. They aren't playing and winning like they should. Some of these players were part of the coach of the season under Mitchell. This should have been a better team then that year.

How this can happen to the Knicks:
We follow that same model, solid point, solid role-players, a superstar, and a great player. Very possible since we have people that match in those categories in our current team. Walsh signs his great player and superstar and then we go no where.

Key word: D'antoni. I think he is a great coach in terms of pushing his players to the limit and making them work hard. I didn't see that in Mitchell. Also O'neil was a trade to free up salary cap and to get rid of Ford. It was never ment to work and Walsh wouldn't sign a broken, older, good player unless it was real cheap and D'antoni could use them.

Miami Heat
This team does have two superstars. It lacks a real center and their 1st rounder who has gobs of potential is playing ok. They aren't impressive.

How could this happen to the Knicks:
We get our two superstars, still lack a center and the Gallo isn't so great. Who knows what role-players we will have by 2010. We could turn out to be the heat.

Marion isn't utilized like he should be in the heat and I am not sure he really wants to play there. We will probably get players who want to play in NYK and for D'antoni. The heat also have a rookie coach whose basketball experience stems from being a video director for the heat before moving up the ranks. D'antoni is far from a rookie. Our bench is better then the heat and I am sure we will resign some of these guys by 2010. Even if Gallo doesn't turn out to be great I do not think this will really effect us down the road.

Things I hope Walsh will look out for
1) Do not overpay Lee and if he wants more money trade him with our cancers (curry, james, etc)
2) If we cannot get Lebron, try to get Bosh, if we cannot get those two then get players with that potential who want to play for NYK and for D'antoni.
3) We need to find some sort of center. A solid one that we can insert in those situations where teams are going to hammer us in the paint.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Great post man....i agree we need to atch out and not fall into any potholes because we are rebuilding so we need to be extra coutious not to overpay anyone or sign players on the decline ect.....im interested to see what happens as we get closer to the trade deadline

GetRealistic

Starter
If Lee wants the type of money the 76ers gave AI then sorry to say it but see ya around Lee. The Sixers went from an exciting team that was building to a team that'll be mediocre for years. Brand and AI are very good players but in todays NBA you need a star.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
If Lee wants the type of money the 76ers gave AI then sorry to say it but see ya around Lee. The Sixers went from an exciting team that was building to a team that'll be mediocre for years. Brand and AI are very good players but in todays NBA you need a star.

word 5 yr 80 is ridiculous like u said if Lee wants that kinda money then get the **** out Lee....or we could do a sign and trade

Blas

Benchwarmer
I really wish I understood how things worked between players, agents, and the organization. Will Lee's agent push Lee to ask for more money? Is his agent more interested in how much Lee can earn or his career in general. If his agent does not believe Lee will be much better then he is now, maybe he will push Lee into getting as much as he can for a long term deal.

And does Lee want to play with the likes of Lebron? Will there be some soft spoken word between Walsh and Lee that they will be fair to each other?

I guess if we want to give Lee more time with the knicks before the trade deadline we all have to root for Curry to play like a beast so his value goes up and we can ship him out alone.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
We need to keep Lee and Duhon because they are solid smart players. You need those types of players for "dynasty" but you also need the mega star like Lebron or a Wade. If lebron has Lee and Duhon to work with solid people who do not complain or have to have the ball to be effective our team will be that much better in 201-:gony:

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Def a good post. I don't think lee will ask as much as andre because andre is a more complete player who can score. Still, he might ask for that 9-12 mil range. Walsh has shown that he has a good track record in building up teams. I don't think he's going to make any hurried decisions in building up our roster. He's looking at it like a chess match. Calculating every move. And at the same time thinking two steps ahead.