2012-2013 Injury Report

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Felton to miss 4-6 weeks. No link, read it in the post. I'm glad he's gonna miss some time. Calm him down and heal his hands. The wizkidd is better anyway, actually kidd is our 3rd best player imo

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I think Stat will be fine when he returns with kidd and pablo at point. I do however worry about kidd's minutes while ray is down. He did awesome last night against phoenix but I'm not sure he can do that every night anymore. Pablo should have gave him more rest minutes but he was playing so bad and turning over that he just needed to be pulled. I think we almost lost last nights game due to the poor offense running and i like the guy. He has to stop running into the air trying to lop passes in the middle every play and his hesitation to shoot worries me.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
What's the status on Sheed?
Got something from December 29th, he must have had a set back.

RASHEED WALLACE: After missing the past eight games with a stress reaction in his left foot, Wallace and Mike Woodson hope the veteran forward can return to the court against Portland.

He participated in the morning shootaround Friday in Portland -- without the walking boot he’d been wearing in recent days -- and hopes to practice Sunday.

Wallace and Camby, who has given the Knicks quality minutes in their last three games, have provided depth when they’re healthy as Stoudemire works his way back.
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/32067/your-knicks-sunday-practice-primer

metrocard

Legend
and another Senior Citizen goes down.

Camby out with left foot injury
time: TBD

Dylanconfuse.gif

petescud

Starter
Hey we signed a lot of older players. You have to know this was possible (injuries) and likely. We've been unlucky, no doubt

knicksin60

Starter
I had a feeling that Camby was going to suffer an injury as soon as his playing time increased.Everytime I saw him on the court I was holding my breath and crossing my fingers.
The Knicks could use a guy like David Lee on their roster.The man might play softer defense than any Mike D'antoni coached team but he could give the Knicks the rebounding that they lack.I would trade anyone on the Knicks for him minus Melo and Chandler.

bigapple

Starter
Code:
Dallas got off to a 24-5 start before Dirk Nowitzki got hurt, and Caron  Butler went down for the season with a torn ACL. But the depth held up  and the Mavericks finished with a 57-win season [URL="http://www.nba.com/video/channels/playoffs/2011/06/13/finals_gm6_minimovie.nba"]before rolling to the title[/URL].

till Knicks wont be playing like they was with HEat [ but when all players will be available] they still can win with any1.

current avaiable roster is very limited for such teams like Bulls OKC Clippers

Melo wont be shooting allways 30+ he need support its too much on him + refs.

finestrg

Rotation player
Forget these old cats already!!!!

Mainly talking about KT and Camby --- I'm done fellas...These guys can't help us....Even before Camby pulled up lame---AGAIN!!---he didn't look good to me at all...He and KT just can't keep up with younger, quicker, stronger frontline players...That's it. Case closed.

Look at last night -- Hibbert for part of the game, West, T. Hansbrough, even Jeff Pendergraph --- Camby and KT can't match up with guys like this...And it's gonna be more of the same tonight AGAIN with Noah and Boozer. Seen it before and we'll continue to see it until Amar'e's close to 100%, Sheed finally makes it back (he's old but unlike KT and Camby, can still impact the game), and/or we bring in some younger/stronger/more athletic bigs to compensate and cover our frontcourt weakness, even if it's just for the interim. Ba fongooll!!! I can't bear to watch this anymore!!!!

Listen, if we could go out and trade for an Anderson Varejao (he's hurt now but you know what I mean, a high-priced NBA impact big), I'd say go for it...WE CAN'T!!! Don't have the trading chips for a guy like that and don't have the cap room to absorb salary...That's why I've been advocating going a different route --- import at least one young big from the D-League or the like (Europe?) on a league minimum deal that can help us compete up front!!! KT and Camby aren't getting it done. Period...Aren't capable of getting it done...Now Camby's hurt again, supposedly limping & walking around in a boot after the game...There's a shock..LOL....These guys are done, man....DO SOMETHING!!! We're throwing away games. First order of business -- open up at least 1 roster spot. Waive bye-bye to KT. HE'S DONE...I'd waive Camby too, thing is we gave this guy too much money where it wouldn't be feasible...And while we're at it -- buy out or waive Brewer and James White and bring in a 2G upgrade as well. I can't stand the sight of these guys anymore -- NO OF THEM CAN HELP US!!!! I can't believe mgmt. hasn't seen this and taken steps...Mark Cuban wouldn't put up with no productivity outta KT, Camby, Brewer, White, etc.., I can tell you that. Why's Gunwald putting up with it???

1 - Cut KT & sign K-Mart. He's supposedly open to a 10-day make good deal. Get it done. WTF are we waiting for?!? Not sure how much he's got left & what kinda shape he's in, but I GUARANTEE he'll give us more than KT & Camby. Was still playing above the rim last year for the Clips in a limited capacity. KT and Camby can barely walk---there's a difference.

2 - If K-Mart continues to play hardball, move on and sign a capable big from the DL like JaJuan Johnson (#1 pick in the DL draft), Arinze Onuaku, DaJuan Summers, Marcus Cousin (where's he been? he go back to Europe?), Chris Johnson (the 6'11" big from LSU with NBA experience), even a Luke Harangody who played great the other day -- Harangody's a little undersized but he hustles, is surprisingly skilled and always manages to have an impact..Harangody had something like 28 & 15 2 days ago down in the DL and is averaging close to 19 & 14....Love to have a guy like that over KT/Camby. Even Jarvis Varnado --- did Miami pull the trigger on him yet? I'd jump in and get involved on this guy. I'd be all over this guy if I were Grunwald!!! Guarantee him 20 mins a night for the forseeable future. Explain to me how Miami, the league champion last year and a team that is ahead of us in the EC, shows interest in a guy like this but we have none?? He goes to Miami, he may not even play...With our gapping holes up front, he'd play here (up to Woody of course)...I'd play him..This guy's shot-blocking and rebounding skills are NBA caliber...I even would've signed PF Kevin Jones over a month ago (Cleveland did)...Any of these cats would be a HUGE upgrade over KT/Camby. I don't see how anyone could even debate this.

3 - Address the 2G situation already, even if it's just on an interim basis...I was screaming for Chris Douglas-Roberts...20 games ago!!!! Would've been perfect...Dallas scooped him up...Still good solutions out there -- LOOK FOR THEM!!! Watching a lot of DL lately -- really like the look of this Chris Johnson outta Dayton. 6'6" lefty 2G who can shoot from deep and put it on the floor...I also like this 6'8" SG/SF Gary Flowers. Guy's a stat-stuffer that impacts every area on the court. Even a guy like Morris Almond's still around...Cut White, Brewer or both and upgrade the spot with one of these guys...Clear as day that any of these 3 would be huge upgrades over Ronnie Brewer. Wake up Grunwald -- Brewer's killing us!!!!!

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Mainly talking about KT and Camby --- I'm done fellas...These guys can't help us....Even before Camby pulled up lame---AGAIN!!---he didn't look good to me at all...He and KT just can't keep up with younger, quicker, stronger frontline players...That's it. Case closed.

Look at last night -- Hibbert for part of the game, West, T. Hansbrough, even Jeff Pendergraph --- Camby and KT can't match up with guys like this...And it's gonna be more of the same tonight AGAIN with Noah and Boozer. Seen it before and we'll continue to see it until Amar'e's close to 100%, Sheed finally makes it back (he's old but unlike KT and Camby, can still impact the game), and/or we bring in some younger/stronger/more athletic bigs to compensate and cover our frontcourt weakness, even if it's just for the interim. Ba fongooll!!! I can't bear to watch this anymore!!!!

Listen, if we could go out and trade for an Anderson Varejao (he's hurt now but you know what I mean, a high-priced NBA impact big), I'd say go for it...WE CAN'T!!! Don't have the trading chips for a guy like that and don't have the cap room to absorb salary...That's why I've been advocating going a different route --- import at least one young big from the D-League or the like (Europe?) on a league minimum deal that can help us compete up front!!! KT and Camby aren't getting it done. Period...Aren't capable of getting it done...Now Camby's hurt again, supposedly limping & walking around in a boot after the game...There's a shock..LOL....These guys are done, man....DO SOMETHING!!! We're throwing away games. First order of business -- open up at least 1 roster spot. Waive bye-bye to KT. HE'S DONE...I'd waive Camby too, thing is we gave this guy too much money where it wouldn't be feasible...And while we're at it -- buy out or waive Brewer and James White and bring in a 2G upgrade as well. I can't stand the sight of these guys anymore -- NO OF THEM CAN HELP US!!!! I can't believe mgmt. hasn't seen this and taken steps...Mark Cuban wouldn't put up with no productivity outta KT, Camby, Brewer, White, etc.., I can tell you that. Why's Gunwald putting up with it???

1 - Cut KT & sign K-Mart. He's supposedly open to a 10-day make good deal. Get it done. WTF are we waiting for?!? Not sure how much he's got left & what kinda shape he's in, but I GUARANTEE he'll give us more than KT & Camby. Was still playing above the rim last year for the Clips in a limited capacity. KT and Camby can barely walk---there's a difference.

2 - If K-Mart continues to play hardball, move on and sign a capable big from the DL like JaJuan Johnson (#1 pick in the DL draft), Arinze Onuaku, DaJuan Summers, Marcus Cousin (where's he been? he go back to Europe?), Chris Johnson (the 6'11" big from LSU with NBA experience), even a Luke Harangody who played great the other day -- Harangody's a little undersized but he hustles, is surprisingly skilled and always manages to have an impact..Harangody had something like 28 & 15 2 days ago down in the DL and is averaging close to 19 & 14....Love to have a guy like that over KT/Camby. Even Jarvis Varnado --- did Miami pull the trigger on him yet? I'd jump in and get involved on this guy. I'd be all over this guy if I were Grunwald!!! Guarantee him 20 mins a night for the forseeable future. Explain to me how Miami, the league champion last year and a team that is ahead of us in the EC, shows interest in a guy like this but we have none?? He goes to Miami, he may not even play...With our gapping holes up front, he'd play here (up to Woody of course)...I'd play him..This guy's shot-blocking and rebounding skills are NBA caliber...I even would've signed PF Kevin Jones over a month ago (Cleveland did)...Any of these cats would be a HUGE upgrade over KT/Camby. I don't see how anyone could even debate this.

3 - Address the 2G situation already, even if it's just on an interim basis...I was screaming for Chris Douglas-Roberts...20 games ago!!!! Would've been perfect...Dallas scooped him up...Still good solutions out there -- LOOK FOR THEM!!! Watching a lot of DL lately -- really like the look of this Chris Johnson outta Dayton. 6'6" lefty 2G who can shoot from deep and put it on the floor...I also like this 6'8" SG/SF Gary Flowers. Guy's a stat-stuffer that impacts every area on the court. Even a guy like Morris Almond's still around...Cut White, Brewer or both and upgrade the spot with one of these guys...Clear as day that any of these 3 would be huge upgrades over Ronnie Brewer. Wake up Grunwald -- Brewer's killing us!!!!!

Well thought out post, but how many chances did we give Morris Almond?

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
RT @ByNateTaylor: Mike Woodson said Iman Shumpert will make the trip to London & could possibly play against Detroit.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Some reports coming out Rasheed Wallace is FAR from return....DAMN

Kenyon Martin anyone?

NEW YORK -- As the uncertainty surrounding Rasheed Wallace's left foot injury lingers, members of the New York Knicks organization fear Wallace will be out for an extended period, possibly for the entire season, two league sources told ESPNNewYork.com.

Wallace has been out since Dec. 15 with a stress reaction in his left foot.

Knicks coach Mike Woodson said last week that he hoped Wallace would begin running this week, but he told reporters in London on Wednesday that Wallace, 38, has yet to do so.

"He'll be back -- but when, I don't know," Woodson said. "We're gradually trying to get him back where he can run again so he can get back in a uniform. But when, we don't know when yet."

The Knicks are in a holding pattern with Wallace, according to league sources. There are some in the organization who want to pursue a free agent immediately to replace Wallace.

Among those being discussed internally is 35-year-old big man Kenyon Martin.

Others, including Woodson, who coaxed Wallace to end a two-year retirement and join the Knicks, want to give Wallace time to heal before making a move to replace him.

The team originally described Wallace's injury as a sore left foot, and he was listed as day to day. The team then clarified and called the injury a stress reaction after a report described it as a stress fracture.

When healthy, the 15-year veteran has provided a strong presence in the post for New York. Wallace also has given the Knicks a strong post defender off the bench. In 20 games, he's averaging 7.2 points and 3.2 rebounds in 14.6 minutes.

When the injury first surfaced, Wallace said he'd aggravated a previous foot injury. As recently as late last month, the veteran said he expected to be back on the court.

When asked Wednesday about returning to the court, Wallace said, "It's not my call."

One source said Wallace is having trouble pushing off on his left foot.

"It's not looking good," the source said.

With Marcus Camby sidelined two to four weeks with a left plantar fascia injury, and Amar'e Stoudemire working his way back into form after offseason knee surgery, the Knicks are thin on the front line.

If the Knicks wanted to add a free agent, they'd have to cut a player on their 15-man roster.

Wallace's contract became fully guaranteed earlier this month. All 15 players on the Knicks' active roster have guaranteed contracts.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...ed-wallace-miss-rest-season-according-sources