Daid Ortiz and Manny tested positive for roids in 2003

Paul1355

All Star
Everyone knew Manny took steroids recently but now it's David Ortiz.

The "list" of over 100 big name players that included Alex Rodriguez and others now includes Manny and Ortiz.....in case no one knew, Manny was found guilty for only using steroids early this year but now he was found positive back in 2003.

Manny should get triple the bad press that A-Rod got. And Ortiz talked down on players using steroids so let's see all of the hypocrites come out of their shells and admit their guilt.

Basically in MLB if you had a big year with home runs from 2003 to 2008 then you are suspect for taking illegal steroids....many more names to come out so this is just a small piece of one giant story.

Here is one link > http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/07/report-ramirez-and-ortiz-tested-positive.html

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
I love it. I wanna know where Curt Schilling is now... He was so quick to call out A-Rod when it all went down with him. Well what does he have to say now? Two teammates doing them right under his nose... I love it... Especially with redsox fans chanting "you take steroids" to arod every time he comes to the plate. Sweet justice baby... **** you boston, now you know how it feels... Great day

"I think you clean up the game by testing... You test positive, you’re going to be out. Period."
-David Ortiz 2003

TunerAddict

Starter
Steroids weren't against MLB's policy back then, so none of these guys are guilty of anything wrong by baseball's standards...

I've always felt that David Ortiz was always a really nice guy who did a lot for charity, and to be quite honest, was kinda suprised at his name coming out.

Well.....

I wonder what would happen if the other names came out and it was

Jeter
Pujols
M. Rivera
Ken Griffey Jr.
Vlad Guerrero
etc...

Really interesting conversations would be had.

Paul1355

All Star
Steroids weren't against MLB's policy back then, so none of these guys are guilty of anything wrong by baseball's standards...

I've always felt that David Ortiz was always a really nice guy who did a lot for charity, and to be quite honest, was kinda suprised at his name coming out.

Well.....

I wonder what would happen if the other names came out and it was

Jeter
Pujols
M. Rivera
Ken Griffey Jr.
Vlad Guerrero
etc...

Really interesting conversations would be had.

Not to defend Yankee players but out of that list, Jeter and Mariano are the ones that less likely to take any substance. Jeter was never a homerun hitter except for the few years he has homerun numbers in the low 20's.
And Mariano is like every hard throwing closer...just that his pin point accuracy is why he is the best closer ever...not because he always over powers batters with his speed....its his accuracy.

Griffey Jr. is definitly and Vlad could easily be up there....also look at Ryan Howard going from over 50 homeruns one year to only 35 the next...big drop....

I dont know if he was already linked to steroids but Bartolo Colon would be another. Josh Beckett constantly throws high 90's in every game even to the late innings....could be suspect.

More pitchers should be investigated.

The next huge name will be Albert Pujols...or any hard throwing pitcher.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
I had been waiting for years to hear this story of Manny and Ortiz doing steroids. Its not surprising since Ortiz was a 18 hr hitter with the Twins prior to coming to the Red Sox. He then jump to 31, 41, 47, 54, to then lower to 35, 23, 15 this season. I have been mad for years for the Yanks not hitting him right in the coconut, as Jeter and A-Rod get hit in every game. Freaking Jorge Posada goes to much into scouting report and hitters lock in knowing it already. He is very predictable in calling games and he never moves players from the plate.

I'm Dominican but I can't stand Ortiz as he cons other players before games and then embarrases them once the game starts. I also hate Pedro Martinez for what he did to Don Zimmer. Beating the Sox in 2003 was very sweat. Now the Sox fans can finally shut to **** up.

Paul1355

All Star
I had been waiting for years to hear this story of Manny and Ortiz doing steroids. Its not surprising since Ortiz was a 18 hr hitter with the Twins prior to coming to the Red Sox. He then jump to 31, 41, 47, 54, to then lower to 35, 23, 15 this season. I have been mad for years for the Yanks not hitting him right in the coconut, as Jeter and A-Rod get hit in every game. Freaking Jorge Posada goes to much into scouting report and hitters lock in knowing it already. He is very predictable in calling games and he never moves players from the plate.

I'm Dominican but I can't stand Ortiz as he cons other players before games and then embarrases them once the game starts. I also hate Pedro Martinez for what he did to Don Zimmer. Beating the Sox in 2003 was very sweat. Now the Sox fans can finally shut to **** up.

Very good post:thumbsup: Go Yankees

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Thanks Paul!

I think some people forget that you have to go back all the way to the 1989 A's to ponder how many guys have done steroids since then? Brady Anderson 1996, 1995-2001 Indians, 1990-2003 Rangers Juan Gonzalez, Palmeiro, Ruben Sierra, Canseco, Alex and Ivan Rodriguez. Those are the teams that jump of my head that I think did steroids. I forgot to mention Luis Gonzalez 57 hr season in 2001 along with Curt and Randy Johnson.

clumsy

Rotation player
This made my day for 4 reasons.

1. All the annoying Bostonians can finally stfu about their team being clean.

2. Griffey Jr i think is GOAT clean offensive player to ever play.

3. Barry Bonds - Hall of Famer. 2nd Greatest player that ever lived besides Babe Ruth...and only cuz Babe Ruth was nice at pitching too. I really think media went off not just cuz he isn't a likeable guy, but because he is a black dude beating a record that for some reason white people think is clean. No way i don't buy Babe Ruth was clean either.

4. People can get off their high horse about cheating. Once you sign a contract, this shit is not a game anymore it is your job. I expect everyone on the team to be trying their hardest. It seems all the great players just had more ambition than other players...can't fault them for that.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
This made my day for 4 reasons.

1. All the annoying Bostonians can finally stfu about their team being clean.

2. Griffey Jr i think is GOAT clean offensive player to ever play.

3. Barry Bonds - Hall of Famer. 2nd Greatest player that ever lived besides Babe Ruth...and only cuz Babe Ruth was nice at pitching too. I really think media went off not just cuz he isn't a likeable guy, but because he is a black dude beating a record that for some reason white people think is clean. No way i don't buy Babe Ruth was clean either.

4. People can get off their high horse about cheating. Once you sign a contract, this shit is not a game anymore it is your job. I expect everyone on the team to be trying their hardest. It seems all the great players just had more ambition than other players...can't fault them for that.
Yeah thats it... All because Barry Bonds is black... You really wanna know why people hate Barry Bonds? Watch this video... Its got nothing to do with the color of his skin, Its got everything to do with those Syringes going into his skin, and also the fact that he could bold face lie to everyone and say he didnt take steriods. And Babe Ruth took Steroids? Give me a break... I'm sure its convenient to blame race on it though (Especially when you give uneducated comments). So by all means, make an ass out of yourself and pull the race card.

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9O3S7UFWIKc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9O3S7UFWIKc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

clumsy

Rotation player
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...aining/2004/02/27/kent.steroids.ap/index.html

People have cheated in every generation of baseball whether it was using uppers/stimulants, scuffing balls with pine tar, etc. I don't understand why steroids should all the sudden dampen someones opinion on a player. Barry Bonds was the still one of the best players of this generation...and with PEDs his top end was the best of the best ever.

I love you guys who never see stuff racially. I never said he wasn't a jerk. Barry Bonds is an asshole very likely. You don't think that it was worse cuz he was beating the White GOAT. You don't think old Ass Peter Gammons who is from Boston area, one of the most racist places i have ever been to in my life, wasn't calling him a nig that day. Get out of here.

It's liek when McGwire Broke the record everyone was on his dick...All the sudden they don't like it when barry was using it....gtfo. I'm sorry, there is a racial component. It is an ugly truth about America....many times there is racial components in everything.

clumsy

Rotation player
Personally i don't care that any of them were using PED's. Because there was no testing for the all time greats before hand. No one knows how legit these records are. However i do understand human ambition and do not see it being out of the question some former greats using.

I work in Finance..in IT. I'll tell you most of the traders have breaks to do Cocaine...Why cuz they work so hard, up to 16 hour days they need the stimulants to keep them on top of the ball. That is why they get paid the big bucks...500,000 plus a year. For some people that is an acceptable tradeoff. I went to a top 25 school...a lot of the students used to blow addirrol just so they could ace exams. Same thing.

Just like Steroids i have no problem with it. So it may shorten your life but it multiplies your earning potential by a lot. To many it is worth it....