Mello Says He Will Be A KNICKKKK

nykway24

Rookie
http://www.theknicksblog.com/2010/09/12/melos-message-to-ny/

According to this article Melo was at a club with Fat Joe, Reggie Bush and Chris Brown, and Joe asked Melo on the spot if he will be a Knick. Melo says "yeah" and the crowd goes crazy. Now i know alot of skeptics are gonna come out saying its fake and theyll believe it when they see it, and rightfully so, especially after that whole lebron thing. But as an optimist i can't help but become excited about this. This is going to be a veryy interesting year.

JCStone57

Rookie
He also said that he was going to stay at Syracuse at the national championship celebration press conference. He's at a New York club and was asked if he was going to be a Knick. He said what the club wanted to hear

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
We could have Melo tomorrow if we are willing to bend over and rape our core. The trick is to get Melo while keeping at least 3/4's of our young core. If Melo is all about winning then he should be patient to ensure he comes to a team capable of competing. While I think a core of Melo, Amare and Felton can compete we can be contenders with Gallo and AR in the mix. I think that has to be priority numero uno.

We could have Melo tomorrow if we are willing to bend over and rape our core. The trick is to get Melo while keeping at least 3/4's of our young core. If Melo is all about winning then he should be patient to ensure he comes to a team capable of competing. While I think a core of Melo, Amare and Felton can compete we can be contenders with Gallo and AR in the mix. I think that has to be priority numero uno.
Exactly. if Donnie called dnver today and said we will give you Anthony Randolph, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Eddy Curry's expiring and a first round pick the Nuggets would send him here first class!

The trick is ether trading and Keeping Gallo or AR47, or waiting till free agency and signing him and keeping everybody in the process.

this 2011 team can WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!

PG: Raymond Felton
SG: Carmelo Anthony
SF: Danilo Gallinari
PF: Amare Stoudemire
C: Timofey Mozgof

BENCH:
6th man: Anthony Randolph

Wilson Chandler
Ronny Turiaf
Kelena Azabukie (resigned)
Toney Douglas
Eddy Curry (resigned next year at vets minimum if he shows he has a pulse this season)
Roger Mason jr
Landry Fields
Bill Walker
Patrick Ewing jr

Paul1355

All Star
Exactly. if Donnie called dnver today and said we will give you Anthony Randolph, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Eddy Curry's expiring and a first round pick the Nuggets would send him here first class!

The trick is ether trading and Keeping Gallo or AR47, or waiting till free agency and signing him and keeping everybody in the process.

this 2011 team can WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!

PG: Raymond Felton
SG: Carmelo Anthony
SF: Danilo Gallinari
PF: Amare Stoudemire
C: Timofey Mozgof

BENCH:
6th man: Anthony Randolph

Wilson Chandler
Ronny Turiaf
Kelena Azabukie (resigned)
Toney Douglas
Eddy Curry (resigned next year at vets minimum if he shows he has a pulse this season)
Roger Mason jr
Landry Fields
Bill Walker
Patrick Ewing jr
If we got Melo then Chandler would be traded no doubt for some draft pick.

Melo at the 2 sounds cool but he is more of a 3 which would make Gallo probably the best 6th man in the NBA. Think about, as a sixth man he would have less pressure and would just have the job of scoring right out of the gate, and we all know Gallo loves to start firing up shots.

Hopefully we can somehow trade Chandler for Rudy Fernandez, that would be ideal but if not, then we should trade Chandler for any young high potential SG that is available.

Felton
good young PG
Melo
Amare
Turiaf/Mozgov

sixth man: Gallo
main role players: Randolph, Douglas, and Mozgov

nykway24

Rookie
Im really interested to see how this current knick team preforms this season. We have a lot of young and very talented ball players who many believe are ready to have career years, with AR, Gallo, Felton, and Chandler. I'm excited to see what Timo has for us and to see how him Turif and Amar'e gel in the paint. This team is definitly a play-off team who i feel will surprise the rest of the league once we make it. If we are lucky enough to add Melo next summer we automaticly become REAL contenders. We would have a young, BIG, lineup with versitle players that would create real matchup problems for just about every team in the league. I just hope Melo can play out this final year in Denver then join us.

If we got Melo then Chandler would be traded no doubt for some draft pick.

Melo at the 2 sounds cool but he is more of a 3 which would make Gallo probably the best 6th man in the NBA. Think about, as a sixth man he would have less pressure and would just have the job of scoring right out of the gate, and we all know Gallo loves to start firing up shots.

Hopefully we can somehow trade Chandler for Rudy Fernandez, that would be ideal but if not, then we should trade Chandler for any young high potential SG that is available.

Felton
good young PG
Melo
Amare
Turiaf/Mozgov

sixth man: Gallo
main role players: Randolph, Douglas, and Mozgov
Your probley right BUT it would be something D'Antoni would most likely try for the first few games.

The reasons being for the Development of Gallinari and fora huge but still versitile line up.

See Melo would be ideal at SG because hes fast and hes tall. He would add an extra option on offense at the 2 and would still be fast enough to cover other 2 guards. Not to mention he would create alot of mismatches. But I think if we got Mello he would Play some 2 and some 3. He would probley start at the 2 and then play most of the game at the 3.

Also on a side note if we get Mello the All star game is going to be weird as hell. Who starts? Wade or Mello? Stat or Bosh?

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
I'm so tired of coming here reading everyones fantasy line ups as soon as some source with no credibility appears saying Melo to Knicks FOR SURE. I guess since fat john said it it must be true.

New New York

Quiet Storm
This just in....Melo was drinking in Chicago with Twista and Twista asked if he would be a Bull Carmelo said yes and the crowd went crazy.

Then when Carmelo was in Houston he was kickin it in a club with Slim Thug and when asked on the spot by Slim if he would ever become a Rocket he said Yes...and the crowd went nuts.

I'm not knocking the thread starter, at this point in the off season there are no stories posted about our team and any news about our team is interesting.

But lets remember Melo has zero say in where he plays next year! Even if he was totally sold on becoming a Knick he would have to wait for a trade to happen.

Melo was just having fun.

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
This just in....Melo was drinking in Chicago with Twista and Twista asked if he would be a Bull Carmelo said yes and the crowd went crazy.

Then when Carmelo was in Houston he was kickin it in a club with Slim Thug and when asked on the spot by Slim if he would ever become a Rocket he said Yes...and the crowd went nuts.

I'm not knocking the thread starter, at this point in the off season there are no stories posted about our team and any news about our team is interesting.

But lets remember Melo has zero say in where he plays next year! Even if he was totally sold on becoming a Knick he would have to wait for a trade to happen.

Melo was just having fun.

I think people forget that half of these NBA stars are entertainers too. They are entertaining the crowd. If he said no he wasn't, he would of got jumped and stomped out right there in that club. C'mon people stop being so gullible. Lets just wait and see what happens. Guarantee Melo starts the season Denver

Toons

is the Bo$$
@thashark316 Nets, Lakers, Rockets, maybe Bulls. But Knicks definite No. 1 choice.
about 2 hours ago via web in reply to thashark316
Sources tell me Melo's first choice still New York Knicks.

I've been hearing and seeing rumors like this for the last couple of weeks.

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/hoo...de-evaluation-and-chris-broussard-tweets.html

Yeah, I know the brass is quitely at work behind the sceans. I bet D'Antonio is whinning and pleading on his knees to keep that frail weak ass, plastic back, Rythmnless Gallinari. Dump Curry and Walker too.

C'mon Knicks, make us proud...better yet make us contenders again. Get rid of the dead weight, and stop developing players for other teams. Chuck these lame wannabees and let them develop on another team, not ours. Enough with trying to make fake players into professionals. This is NYK, not the D-League. Bring in the real ballers. I just want them to hurry up with this move so the team can have some decent time to gell before the season starts.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I've been hearing and seeing rumors like this for the last couple of weeks.

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/hoo...de-evaluation-and-chris-broussard-tweets.html

Yeah, I know the brass is quitely at work behind the sceans. I bet D'Antonio is whinning and pleading on his knees to keep that frail weak ass, plastic back, Rythmnless Gallinari. Dump Curry and Walker too.

C'mon Knicks, make us proud...better yet make us contenders again. Get rid of the dead weight, and stop developing players for other teams. Chuck these lame wannabees and let them develop on another team, not ours. Enough with trying to make fake players into professionals. This is NYK, not the D-League. Bring in the real ballers. I just want them to hurry up with this move so the team can have some decent time to gell before the season starts.

Regardless of your opinions of Gallo, it still behooves us to wait until next year. If Gallo is such a terrible player, as you say, then he will not be enough to get Melo. Since we don't have any picks to give, we would have to include Randolph and Chandler in the deal as well.

As we are currently constructed, we are not better than Miami, Orlando or Chicago. We are not a championship team. If we gut the team to get Melo, a foundation of Melo, Amare, Felton is still not better than Miami, Olrando or Chicago. We are still not a championship team. So what's the point? To move up a one or two spots in the standings? Is that really worth it?

The best thing to do is to wait until the offseason and sign Melo without having to give up anything. As much as you hate Gallo, you have to admit he could still be a decent role player on a championship team. Same goes for Chandler and Randolph. These types of players are needed to win a championship. And if all of them live up to their potential, and we add Melo, now we have a championship contender.

If Melo can't wait, so be it. We are still in the same position had we gutted the team for him. No big deal. We still have our cap flexibility to go after other pieces or wait another year and go after Deron Williams or Chris Paul.