Whats your opinion on the hiring of Mike D'antoni?

How do you feel about the hiring of Mike D'antoni?

• I love it!!!

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I like it

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Its ok

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Not a big fan of this move

• Terrible move

• Undecided

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
lets start by sayin that Mike is a great coach, no doubt about that. He preaces offence which is not what we need!!!
So he took the money and came to us but who can blame him. He took the highest offer and the biggest challenge.
Lets see who we draft and who our 15 players are then ill make up my mind.
Hope he gets the best out of nate, lee and chandler < thats our future right there

i think it should be ok. Mikes not stupid. He knows this team needs defense. Hes not just gonna let the other team score 125 a night. I guess we'll find out by november.

O/T-We really need to bring back fred jones. Solid role player, one of our best defensive players, has the strength to drive to the hoop, decent shooter.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Undecided, if he is here for the future, I like the move, if D'Antoni is here for the current roster, I don't like the move. So I am still undecided.

Starks

Starter
I didn't want him here, but the more and more I read and think about him, the more this move grows on me.

I wanted Avery, but its time to move on and accept the move. Nothing will come out of "what ifs", so I'm ready to ride with Mike D.

I like two things about this move.

1) Donnie went with most proven candidate. The Knicks don't have room to experiment, and Donnie knows this. He brings a guy here who has done nothing but win games and provide an excellent basketball program as well. There were books written just dedicated on Mike's coaching style. This is an animated man he will show more life in one game than Thomas has in 2 seasons.

2) Mike D being the new centerpiece will demand an obvious roster overhaul.
Say goodbye to this entire roster, Walsh will let Mike decide which players he values and wants to work with. There isn't anything close to Nash on the Knicks, so it will be interesting to see who the new team leader will be around here. Lee, Nate, Chandler, and maybe Crawford will be his only keepers. Everyone else better start putting there things and boxes.

Pricey

Rotation player
i didnt want it at first but i thought about it more and my conclusion is at least we will play some exciting basketball and thats a step up from where we currently are.
im hopeing that he makes some massive changes in the playing group to suit his style of basketball, meaning Zach and Curry need to shape up or ship out.
Plus it could also draw interest from players who would like to play under his style.

Trin_Starr

Starter
The knicks are rebuilding.
The first step in rebuilding is to decide what style you want to play.
By hiring D'Antoni - we know the knicks will be a more uptempo run and gun team.
Next step is to decide which players to keep and which to trade.
This what Walsh and Mike will be discussing from now til draft day.
Hopefully we can trade randolph and/or curry for draft picks and smaller contracts.

The draft has quite a few athletic players that would be a good fit in D'Antoni's system.

WiL8000

Rotation player
D'Antoni wasn't who I pictured as the next coach of the Knicks, but anything is a step up from Zeke. I was hoping Mark Jackson would get the job but I guess Walsh wanted more experience in that department. Like almost everyone else here, I wanted a more defensive minded coach at the top, but the Knicks need help offensively as well so it may not be such a bad thing having D'Antoni. The Knicks must make some changes in the line up this offseason. If by some miracle of God, Curry came into camp in shape and ready to go it could change some opinions on acquiring him two years ago. Really though, I would like to see how some of the other young players respond in D'Antoni's system like David Lee, Balkman, Robinson, even Crawford. The bigger picture has to remain intact and that's getting some cap relief in the future, so it may be another tough season ahead, but certainly better than what we Knicks fans have had to endore the past few years.