The Air is Cleared......almost

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
Im glad about one thing, and thats nobody is being fake anymore. Mainly larry brown, they dont like eachother ok, its final no more media bashing they can go head to head and they can go ahead and trade stephon marbury in the offseason because if Larry Brown plans on playing him 30 minutes a game, thats some shit i dont even care what your record is. Im a marbury fan and they are so boring if he is not in the game, they are just a mess, and i cant watch nate the turnover machine robinson and his small ass run the show, the knicks are an absolute mess. lets get a few things straight marbury is not the following people: eric snow, allen iverson, chanuncey billups, and whoever else average point guard larry brown has coached, i mean lets be real with ourselves larry brown is a joke, and he makes me feel like an ass becuase i thought he could turn this team around, but no you make enemies with the point guard of the team and in most minds the star of the team. Isiah can go ahead and choose one of the two and i dont give a rats ass who he picks, but marbury is better than he is playing and he is being real so deal with it. all the hate in the world couldnt touch his 80 million dollars or whatever so he can do him, you do you, its funny where blame can be placed on players who are playing rather than the 3 players that ARENT ON OUR TEAM ANYMORE. bleep larry brown bleep marbury haters bleep the knicks once marbury is gone.

DaGreek34

Benchwarmer
Well Said...

Larry Brown is a Coach who has always went thru the media... His EGO is as big as any coach in the history of athletics! He thinks he is a genius! I still believe he would not have won an NBA title if it weren't for the mess in the Lakers locker room, plus the Mailman injury!

Marbury is a scoring PG! He still averages a respectable 8 assists per game or more. I have to give credit to Marbury for being as honest as he has been with this. He has been a team player for the most part of the year. He has kept his mouth shut until recently and he has altered his game to suit what Larry Brown wants.

Where has this gotten the Knicks? The worst record in the league! Is is ONE PLAYERS fault? NO way.. and any honest coach will tell you this. The blame of the cohesiveness falls on the Coach. Brown has played how many starting lineups? Too many to count! He keeps young, hungry players on the bench at a mind-boggling pace: David Lee, Channing Frye and Nate Robinson. All of which have showed fire and promise... But they and along with everyone else gets yanked at a rediculous frequency!

Larry Brown is an over-rated coach! He proved that in Athens! He wanted to control that team to HIS LIKING! Amare, Bron, Wade, Melo all were on the bench WAY TO MUCH! Yet, Larry Brown still blames the players or the style of the NBA! Well wake up coach, you are a product of the NBA...

DaGreek34 said:
Well Said...

Larry Brown is a Coach who has always went thru the media... His EGO is as big as any coach in the history of athletics! He thinks he is a genius! I still believe he would not have won an NBA title if it weren't for the mess in the Lakers locker room, plus the Mailman injury!

Marbury is a scoring PG! He still averages a respectable 8 assists per game or more. I have to give credit to Marbury for being as honest as he has been with this. He has been a team player for the most part of the year. He has kept his mouth shut until recently and he has altered his game to suit what Larry Brown wants.

Where has this gotten the Knicks? The worst record in the league! Is is ONE PLAYERS fault? NO way.. and any honest coach will tell you this. The blame of the cohesiveness falls on the Coach. Brown has played how many starting lineups? Too many to count! He keeps young, hungry players on the bench at a mind-boggling pace: David Lee, Channing Frye and Nate Robinson. All of which have showed fire and promise... But they and along with everyone else gets yanked at a rediculous frequency!

Larry Brown is an over-rated coach! He proved that in Athens! He wanted to control that team to HIS LIKING! Amare, Bron, Wade, Melo all were on the bench WAY TO MUCH! Yet, Larry Brown still blames the players or the style of the NBA! Well wake up coach, you are a product of the NBA...

totally agree, the media and Brown both portray Marbury as the man at fault but the evidence suggests that Marbury has comprimised much more than Brown has, and Browns ridiculous frequency of changing lineups and under using young stars like Frye Robinson and Lee in favour of pricey vets has contributed to our stupidly bad record. Brown wins no awards for team morale by berating who ever he doesn't like through the media, es. Marbury.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I have to aggree with you guys. The coach is supose to be the leader and Brown is doing a poor job of leading. If this type of thing was going on, on any other team Brown would be out. But we offered him WAY to much cash. I see that now. You dont bash your players in the media. All Brown should have said is the truith we need to play tuff Defense. We ALL need to play more aggressive. Curry and Richardson weren't doing much of anything the first half of the season so they are as much to blame as any one else.

Trin_Starr

Starter
I feel your pain man....Same here- i thought Larry would have been able to turn things around but his blasting players in the media and 1 million and one lineup changes have really affected this team's chemistry.

But in the end I fault Isiah.
How knew of the potential problems at the US olympics with Steph and Larry and also knew that Flip was available who had a MUCH better rapport with Steph.
They would have worked so well together...cause u know the immense love and respect Marbury has for Flip.

Trin_Starr

Starter
I heard that Spree called up Steph and said if LB is still talking shit to u
First give him the eye like this...
a_carlesimo_i.jpg

And if he still continues to talk shit
Then you need to choke his @ss!! lol

portega1968

El Cacique
Wake up people... be real and stop acting on emotions. The person with a successful resume is the coach and the one that has left every team on a sour note has been Stephon.

I mean, if this was an isolated case for Marbs it would be understandable, but the fact is he has made enemies in every team he has been. Not only is he at odds with Larry, the rest of the team doesn't stand him.

Not only does he seem to be an asshole with everyone that has to play with him, fact is he plays terrible defense and that is obviously never going to change. And that is problem number one. I'm puking sick of watching every PG in this league burn him for more points than he scores.

Assists? jajaja... truth is most of Steph's assists come on pick-and-roll plays and that is never going to get you enough points. Have you seen Stephon setting up teammates like Steve Nash does (alleyoops, long passes, pinpoint bounces, etc.)?

Stephon is just a one dimensional player... all he knows how to do is attack the basket and that just isn't enough. If he ever wants to reach the next level, he needs to learn how to play defense and set up his teammates in ways other than a pick-and-roll.

Ya'll can accuse me of being a Marbury-hater, but it isn't true. I really wanted to see him take us back to greatness, I loved to see him score at will and I love that he's a homeboy from Brooklyn. But the team will always be above any individual, and Marbury will never be the PG we need him to be.

It's time ya'll accept the fact he's a goner.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
most marburys assists dont come off the pick and roll. that mighta been the case the past few years cuz that is the only style of basketball kurt thomas played. but other then that marbury used 2 be one of the best to cut to through the lane and either finish strong or give a quick pass to the open team-mate. he would draw double teams almost everytime he penetrated. so dont gimme that bs that his assists mostly came from picks n rolls.

he didnt have problems with every team he left either. minnesota was pissed cuz he demanded to be traded. he got along with the players in jersey and phoenix. believe me i met marbury numorous times and he is one of the most down to earth celebraties i've ever met. as far as this whole beef with larry brown... hes doing the same thing anyone else with a drop of dignity inside would do and thats defending themselves.

larry wanted to say last night he only cares about the players who understand the concept of "teamwork". thats kinda hipercritical coming from the coach whos belittled his players all season. im startin to think spreewell wasnt as crazy as everyone thought he was...

DaGreek34

Benchwarmer
portega1968 said:
Wake up people... be real and stop acting on emotions. The person with a successful resume is the coach and the one that has left every team on a sour note has been Stephon.

I mean, if this was an isolated case for Marbs it would be understandable, but the fact is he has made enemies in every team he has been. Not only is he at odds with Larry, the rest of the team doesn't stand him.

Not only does he seem to be an asshole with everyone that has to play with him, fact is he plays terrible defense and that is obviously never going to change. And that is problem number one. I'm puking sick of watching every PG in this league burn him for more points than he scores.

Assists? jajaja... truth is most of Steph's assists come on pick-and-roll plays and that is never going to get you enough points. Have you seen Stephon setting up teammates like Steve Nash does (alleyoops, long passes, pinpoint bounces, etc.)?

Stephon is just a one dimensional player... all he knows how to do is attack the basket and that just isn't enough. If he ever wants to reach the next level, he needs to learn how to play defense and set up his teammates in ways other than a pick-and-roll.

Ya'll can accuse me of being a Marbury-hater, but it isn't true. I really wanted to see him take us back to greatness, I loved to see him score at will and I love that he's a homeboy from Brooklyn. But the team will always be above any individual, and Marbury will never be the PG we need him to be.

It's time ya'll accept the fact he's a goner.

WHOA..... You can not compare Marbury to Nash! I think if you put Marbury in that type of system we would be talking a different thing right now!

Look you can bash Marbury all you want! He deserves it, cause he has not won anywhere... But ONE player does not make up a team! Unless his initials are MJ.

Larry Brown is at fault here! There is talent on this roster, but the coach is responsable to mesh it and make it work cohesively! Which he has failed miserably! Larry Brown cost the USA gold as well! How many minutes did Amare get? How many minutes did Lebron get? How many minutes did Melo get? All young and hungry players! But when the coach blasts his players thru the media, YOU DO NOT WANT TO GO TO WAR WITH HIM!

Brown has not left each franchise on good terms! Ask Detroit front office what they think? He practically stole millions from them... He didnt want to quit, which he should have, instead he waited and waited and waited until the buyout option was forced down Dumars throat!

Basketball is a game in which you need to feel comfortable! Ask the Knicks off the record and I am willing to bet they do not blame Marbury for this disaster! How about ANOTHER LINEUP COACH!

Isiah should not have brought Brown to New York! He should have gone and got a OFFENSIVE MINDED Coach, who likes to run! This Knicks team is built to run, YET BROWN comes up with every possibly excuse to let them run! When he does, he lets them for one half then shuts it down!

Please... marbury is a good PG, he can score, and he can dish! Plus he is strong and doesnt back down from anyone!

Just look at a guy like David Lee! This guy has been a monster! Brown always cries how he doesnt get good defense! Well then GENIUS play the guy who seems to want to play HARDCORE D! Instead of stiffs like Mo Taylor!

Very sad.... very sad state of Basketball

Blame marbury all you want... but the end product is the direct result of coaching... Any former player, or coach will tell you this... Coaches have to put players in position to win... Larry Brown doesnt do it..

nate robinson, a great spark off the bench, was NAILED to the bench for how many games recently? Then he comes in and makes all his shots and helps get the fans into it!

larry brown... GO PLEASE, so over-rated EGO DRIVEN MEDIA WHORE