Curry has to be benched!!!!!!

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Guys I can't hold this in no more!!! This guy has all the talent in the world to become a force in the NBA but he is so damn lazy and its destroying the Knicks and his career.Now I know why the Bulls got rid of him and we just had to trade for him.He is doing nothing here but take up the minutes of some players that are just dying to get in there and help the Knicks win.

I'll tell you something I think David Lee and Balkman does'nt get the praise that they deserve and its a damn shame b/c these two guys can flat out play and I garrentee you that the Knicks would win more if those two had quality minutes every game.I know some on here don't like Lee for some reason but thats your opinion and I can respect that.Lee has shown up and gave 110% every game same goes for Balkman.These two needs more playing time RIGHT NOW b/c they deserve it b/c they WANT TO WIN.Bench Curry!!!!!

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
yea i get u man...idk about trade Curry cause something telling me we will regret that...but benching does not sound bad...maybe were better off not having Randolph and curry play at the same time...and yea the Lee part yea he should get more minutes...i mean he works hard every nite and thats what we need...but i still don't want him taking shots but he should definetly get more minutes

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
curry dont get the ball enough from what i see, he always gets the ball early and does damage but as the game goes along they go away from him, and why would u bench somebody who always starts off strong??

Randolph should be Curry's backup or vice-versa. They aren't working out well as a tandem. When either one of them plays along side of Lee there better off then when their on the court together. Is that so supprising though a role player makes a supposed star a better player with their hard work, effort and D? Curry has been making an effort on the defencive side of the ball lately and I even saw him jump for a few boards! This is improvment in leaps and bounds for this guy I just hope he keeps working on it.

metrocard

Legend
curry dont get the ball enough from what i see, he always gets the ball early and does damage but as the game goes along they go away from him, and why would u bench somebody who always starts off strong??

Curry takes forever to get open, so his teammates just look for the guy who gets open quicker. The hell with Curry, he slows down our offense(we should be a team that pushes the ball, and he's the worst defensive center in the NBA)

Just because Curry scores a couple of points in the first he's then entitled to play no defense for the rest of the game? What the hell is wrong you. Curry needs to go, limiting his minutes will only help this TEAM.

Lee shoots 55-60%, let him take shots, learn, build confidence. I have more confidence in this franchise in Lee than I do in Curry and Randolph. Lee isn't a shut down defender or a dazzling offensive machine, but he gets the job done and plays within the team, instead of playing by himself.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
i wouldent give Lee the ball cause hes a good offansive rebounder and good at puttin the ball back in i would just play him more

metrocard

Legend
i wouldent give Lee the ball cause hes a good offansive rebounder and good at puttin the ball back in i would just play him more

Right, no ball movement. Lets just dump to Curry or Zach and watch them try to do everything themselves. Look at how many wins that got us.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Lee might be able to start shootin better but Most players he should not try to take 1-0n-1 off the dribble. He gets blocked, stripped, or he turns the ball over.

I seen him take someone lastnight off the dribble and he made a nice shot, so I think he needs to pay more attention to whos guarding him. As a slasher, theres players that will stop Lee 9 out of 10 times but theres some players that apparently he can attack and get to the basket against.

He looks slow when he trying to slash, its kind of funny to watch but if he has someone on him who he can take, thats what hes gotta do. Itd be real nice too if he can start hittin them open jumpshots.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
yea i get u man...idk about trade Curry cause something telling me we will regret that...but benching does not sound bad...maybe were better off not having Randolph and curry play at the same time...and yea the Lee part yea he should get more minutes...i mean he works hard every nite and thats what we need...but i still don't want him taking shots but he should definetly get more minutes

Right, no ball movement. Lets just dump to Curry or Zach and watch them try to do everything themselves. Look at how many wins that got us.
i never said 2 not let lee play or nuttin...i agree curry should be benched and LEE SHOULD PLAY MORE! but i mean have u seen the guy offensevly....hes not a lebron james...but he does deserve minutes and liek just let him get points...i c him gettin points from plays that are not in the play book if u know what u mean

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
My God the Knicks just got beat by Phily again. Now i am no basketball genius so unfortunately like everybody else I have no real idea on how to fix this team. But I can tell you with 100% confidence that Curry is the biggest problem on this team. As Far as I'm concerned his ability to score is limited.

1. He has no shot or any kind of game facing the basket.
2. He Is FAT and doesn't have the ability like Shaq or now Dwight Howard to establish himself inside the paint making it difficult for Knicks guards to feed him in the post.
3. He is very sloppy with the ball and simply does not have the presence of mind to look for his teamates out of double teams. When he does find them he usually throws a crappy pass.
4. Ok so he gets fouled a lot unfortunately he couldn't make a free throw for a Classic Triple w/ Cheese

On Defense.. its even worse. As I said before he doesn't intimidate anybody, which is why we give up so many point off of dribble pentration. Reggie Evans And Sam Dalembert pwned the sh*t out of Curry and Randolph on the boards as we got out rebounded by 20 tonight.

Let's face it a power forward with an undertstanding of how to play solid defnse like Kurt Thomas for example is much better than the total waste that Eddy Curry is at Center.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
My God the Knicks just got beat by Phily again. Now i am no basketball genius so unfortunately like everybody else I have no real idea on how to fix this team. But I can tell you with 100% confidence that Curry is the biggest problem on this team. As Far as I'm concerned his ability to score is limited.

2. He Is FAT and doesn't have the ability like Shaq or now Dwight Howard to establish himself inside the paint making it difficult for Knicks guards to feed him in the post.
3. He is very sloppy with the ball and simply does not have the presence of mind to look for his teamates out of double teams. When he does find them he usually throws a crappy pass.
4. Ok so he gets fouled a lot unfortunately he couldn't make a free throw for a Classic Triple w/ Cheese

On Defense.. its even worse. As I said before he doesn't intimidate anybody, which is why we give up so many point off of dribble pentration. Reggie Evans And Sam Dalembert pwned the sh*t out of Curry and Randolph on the boards as we got out rebounded by 20 tonight.

Let's face it a power forward with an undertstanding of how to play solid defnse like Kurt Thomas for example is much better than the total waste that Eddy Curry is at Center.

Great Post, we need more members that think like you here. I agree with every single thing you said.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
thomasmagic.jpg

Isiah is a good man, was a great player, but he is just not the right fit for us in this situation we are in for the past 5 years. Isiah is gonna have to stop and quit on his own... You think he will do that? I dont.

metrocard

Legend

Just register on this site and post more. Thanks for your well thought out accurate assessment on Curry's inability to be "lead" this team, be a "franchise" player.

pat

Starter
As far as there is some kind of game plan to me it seems like Isiah is trying to establish Curry down low and Randolph at the high post spot. The problem is: it doesn't work. And it doesn't work because the Knicks are not the right team for this kind of basketball. The othe players on the team are not the right ones for this kind of basketball (you need two RELIABLE spot up shooters and one guy that can penetrate to the basket) and Curry and Randolph are just to slow (and not only physically) to make the right decisions in this kind of setting. And then you have the Knicks bench that by no means has the right kind players to ensure a continueous flow of the offence. Don't get me wrong, I even think they are better than some of the starters but they are totally different players from the starting five.

Also, let's face it, the team looks as if they want to get rid of Isiah. They should have done that during the Bucks game but basically I think they lost the last bit of trust in their coach when Isiah brought back Marbury after he went AWOL.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Not just benched but strict time limit

I have said this before: Do not trade Curry. Do not start Curry. Limit Curry's court time.

The message to Curry should be clear: Get yourself in shape. Hustle at both ends of the floor. That means move on defense, get back hard in transition, that means motion on offense. No more standing around on both ends of the floor, no more anemic half speed jogs back on defense, no more half-hearted attempts at rebounding on both ends of the floor.

They should not run a single play for the guy, until he is crashing the boards on every shot taken by either team, other than the man he is supposed to be guarding.

He should not be guaranteed a 2nd minute in any quarter unless he has played the way he is supposed to play in the previous minute on the floor. If he hustles hard for 48, he gets to play 48; but if he fails to hustle and is taken out, don't think about getting back in the game for at least 10 minutes. Do not go to the bench. Go to the locker room. You have to hustle to earn a seat on the bench. Two games in a row like we just saw should earn him demotion from the active roster for a minimum three games.

This same policy should apply to any other player who has not had a close relative die in the previous month. Injury is also no excuse, if you are too hurt to hustle, you are too hurt to be on the active roster.

Beautifly put Nixon7. I just wish the game wasn't all about how much cash a player effects how much playing time a guy gets. If money didn't have anything to do with it our starting line-up would be totaly different and players like Curry,Randolph,Marbury and a slue of others would be on the inactive roster or at the end of the bench knowing full well they'll never see the court again!