Game 16: Warriors vs Knicks (Crawford makes Return to MSG)

Who will have a better stat line?

• Jamal Crawford

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Al Harrington

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Golden State Warriors (5-10) vs The New York Knicks (7-8)
Sat. 11/29 at 7:30pm ET on MSG​

madison-square-garden-address.jpg

Welcome to the MSGKnickz33 Pregame show, Im your host the Gold Mac 10 and its time to break down Saturday Nights game at the Garden. First I'm going to break down the Knicks recent loss to the Detroit Pistons. The Knicks took back to back beatings from two of the top teams in the East, and now have lost 5 of their last 6 games. This time I'm gonna spare everyone from the details.

The Golden State Warriors are coming off a competitive loss to the Boston Celtics. Boston had no answer for Corey Maggette and Stephen Jackson, who both easily scored 30 points or more. The problem is, similar to the Knicks the Warriors dont play much defense. The Celtics had four players score 20 points or more, and defeated the Warriors by 8.

The headlines for Saturday Nights game will be "Crawford returns to New York", and "Al Harrington plays former team." It will be interesting to see who does better against the former team.

If you were unable to see the Pistons game heres the highlights

STARTING LINEUPS

gsw

The Golden State Warriors

pg-Jamal Crawford
sg-Stephen Jackson
sf-Corey Maggette
pf-Brandon Wright
C-Andres Biedrens

165.jpg
378.jpg
497.jpg
3242.jpg
2427.jpg

Backups: Kelenna Azubuike, Anthony Morrow, C.J. Watson, Ronny Turiaf, DeMarcus Nelson, Anthony Randolph, Rob Kurz

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!

knicks.gif

hongkong_073007rh.jpg

kcd08033.jpg

MOBILE-IMAGING-KnicksDancers.jpg

AT POINT GUARD CHRIS DUHORN
AT SHOOTING GUARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT SMALL FORWARD WILSON CHANDLER
AT POWER FORWARD AL HARRINGTON
AT CENTER DAVID LEE

3855.jpg
3417.jpg
4301.jpg
3268.jpg
3956.jpg

BACKUPS: TIM THOMAS, ANTHONY ROBERSON, MALIK ROSE

MSG33 PresEnTs the KeY MatChuP: Jamal Crawford vs Al Harrington

Jamal_Crawford_250.jpg

361515561503cede8f1olf1.jpg

VS

harrington0227.jpg

340x.jpg

Al Harrington

Harrington has not shot well in his first 2 games as a Knick but if you don't look at shooting percentages, then hes putting up very good numbers.

19ppg
8rpg

Unfortunately, hes only shooting 32.5% from the field but that will go up with time. This is still kind of like preseason to him. He played the first 5 games of the season, then he missed some time with "back problems." I do realize that Harrington and Crawford will not be guarding each other. I chose them as the key matchup to see who puts up better stats.

Jamal Crawford

Jamal Crawford has also struggled so far with his new team.

13.5ppg
33% fg
6.5apg
2.5topg

He did break Ray Allens ankles the other night

The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:
  • Play some defense!!! Warriors dont. If we can bring it on offense and play some defense, its a winnable game
  • Watch out for Anthony Morrow off the bench
  • Have Wilson Chandler defend Stephen Jackson
  • Have Richardson defend Corey Maggette

Player Spotlight

spotlight.jpg

Cuttino Mobley

act_cuttino_mobley.jpg

mobley_pr_050801.jpg

I keep saying that i think Cuttino Mobley will prove people wrong. Hes a better shooter, rebounder, and defender then Crawford. I believe that Mike D'antoni's system will be a great fit for him. Hes a good shooter, and at age 33 he still has some hops. He can get to the rim and throw it down over the defense. Hes gotten off to a slow start with the Clippers, who aren't far at all from the bottom of the Western Conference. It's impossible to be at the bottom. That would mean that you would have to be worse then the D-League Oklahoma Thunder.

244we88.png

There wasn't alot available, but I got some videos of Mobley.

Like I said, hes still got game. In the last video, after hitting a 3 pointer he stripped the ball from his opponent and then hit another 3 pointer from the corner to win the game.

Throwback Joint of the Day:

Artist:Jay-Z
Title:Reach The Top
Album:Unreleased
Year:1994

Jay-Z.jpg

Download "Reach The Top" Here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=66JMYAOS

Knicks upcoming Schedule:

• Tue, Dec 2 Portland 7:30 PM
  • Wed, Dec 3 @ Cleveland 7:00 PM
  • Fri, Dec 5 @ Atlanta 7:30 PM
  • Sun, Dec 7 Detroit 12:00 PM
  • Tue, Dec 9 @ Chicago 8:30 PM

Thanks for joining me for my pregame show. And remember to watch the Knicks Saturday night on MSG.

Last edited:

New New York

Quiet Storm
Prediction both Crawford and Harrington try to hard to show up their previous teams and they both shoot like 6 for 18 with multiple TOs.

Prediction: First team to 110 wins! I think if we had Nate we would get this win, but this team plays at a very high pace and we cant keep up with just eight players. We lose a close high scoring game to fall to 7-9

The Knicks had better win this game... after two start uninspiring performances this game is a MUST WIN.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

The match-up that will decide this game will be between Q and Stephen Jackson. Q shoots well and dosen't let S.Jackson loose we win. We can match up with their young/small frontcourt and C.Maggette shouldn't be a problem for W.Chandler and there's no way Crawford schools Duhon (personal opinion) I see us winning this one by at least 10 :)...... if all goes well (hahaha)

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
nice thread MSG....i think we could win ths game since were at home Harrigton is playing ok so far for us if it was for the FG% he ould be great but that will go up with time...Crawford isnt gonna have that good of a game today he's still adjusting to a new system and that will hurt him and he'll have his stretch where he'll chuck shots up..i'll be fun to watch him chuck for another team loll....We could very well win this but were giving up depth and height we could will ourseleves to win just like we did vs. the Wizards...D'Antoni will have us ready to battle

ohh any news on Nate?...when he comes back?

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
An OG's Perspective

Crawford is not a pure point guard, but, when it comes to outplaying a team (the Knicks) with no dynamic offensive options, only streaky, two minutes on/two minutes off, jumpshooters, Crawford has an advantage. Crawford, himself, is streaky, but he's usually streaky between games, sometimes looking like a mini Jordan, out there, for a game or two, until coming back down to Earth. Because he's played uncharacteristically poorly, over the past couple of games, I expect him to have a big game, tonight.

Chandler is the key, and will continue to be so, until the end of the season. He's the only guy with the physical talents to create problems for other teams. If he can score over 20 or 25, it gives us a chance to win, every night.

Harrington will also have to become a consistent player, go into the post and play like the big man that he is, i.e. his Atlanta days. I think Q needs to try to step in, to around 17 ft and in, and keep his terminally whack play to a minimum, by not jacking up stupid shots. D-Lee will do what he does. Duhon has to pass the ball and hit the open shot, when it's given to him.

If you play things smart, have your wing players: Q and Chandler, cut high post/ low post, with D Lee switching between areas, you might have a team that can get some games and make the playoffs. My concern is with whether D'Antoni can put together this sort of offense and, if so, whether or not the players can execute it properly.

Last edited:

Fordy

Rookie
welcome back Jamal. Im sure he will be a little emotional because his return is coming so soon after the deal.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
sorry that i kept the spotlight player the same from my last game thread...i didnt have much time last night. Im suprised no one pointed that out...:eek:

I would just like to point our to "Team Starbury" watch and see how Crawford is greeted by the Knicks Crowd, Player's and Staff........ and then watch in a few weeks/months when Starbury returns to NY in another uniform (if anyone will sign him) and watch the warm reception he gets :) (extream sarcazm)...... just some food for thaught?

jpz17

Starter
I would just like to point our to "Team Starbury" watch and see how Crawford is greeted by the Knicks Crowd, Player's and Staff........ and then watch in a few weeks/months when Starbury returns to NY in another uniform (if anyone will sign him) and watch the warm reception he gets :) (extream sarcazm)...... just some food for thaught?

look whos bringing that crap up

look whos bringing that crap up

Did I call anyone names? or did I post something for "Team Starbury" to choke , um whoops I mean chew on? ("food for thaught")When I dissagree with someone I can come up with an intellegent way to prove a point that's all. What's the harm in that?

Holy crap! This game is nuts! What are the chances we score 150+? Lee looks like a monster, Harrinton's/Q's/Chandler's/Roberson's shots are all falling.... is this really happening? I know its the Warrior's and all , but woohooo!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
wow we came to play today...we scored 82 in the first half alone wonder how much we gonna end up with?...Lee is a beast....Chandler is ballin...Harrington got his game back...Duhon is doing what he came here to do..set people up and Roberson's shot is just nasty....D'Antoni keeps getting us ready game in and game out whether half our guys are playing or not

TJ.

Rookie
The Warriors are really kicking themselves in the nuts right now for trading Harrington...