Isiah makes an offer to Atlanta.

NYKnicks15

Starter
I'm still searching for word on what that offer is exactly but I heard about this I'd say earlier in the week and thankfully Al Harrington had confirmed it. I believe he stated that LA (Lakers) have also made an offer but he sees it working out to where he goes to either Golden State or Indiana.

Indiana scenario still doesnt make sense to me when you draft Shawne Williams, James White and traded for Marquis Daniels and already have Stephen Jackson. I mean okay say you say "oh they can use him at PF".. well does that mean you are gonna put the fragile O'Neal at C all year? That's insane.

I hope I can get more word.. or even better that trade goes off before I get a chance to say something haha

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
If he ends up with either Golden State or Indiana is fine with me. He apparently wants a boat load of money and these sign and trades usually ends up with the buyer taking on a bunch of bad contracts along with the original player that they wanted. I still think the Knicks need to focus on the 4 spot to get a dominate defender that can flank Curry.

DaGreek34

Benchwarmer
hometheaterguy said:
If he ends up with either Golden State or Indiana is fine with me. He apparently wants a boat load of money and these sign and trades usually ends up with the buyer taking on a bunch of bad contracts along with the original player that they wanted. I still think the Knicks need to focus on the 4 spot to get a dominate defender that can flank Curry.

Well put. Curry is a monster when the ball goes into him. He can score a number of ways. But the rest of his game needs serious work! He can't pass well, he doesn't rebound well and his defense is sub-par. But if I was the coach, I would run my offense thru him for the first half of each first quarter then open it up when a more athletic player comes in for him. Then I would finish the game with him getting some touches. Curry is a gifted scorer this can not be argued.

As for all of them player you list for Indiana they will most likely play the 3 and Harrington can play the 4 with no problems. O'neal will be fine at the 5. The NBA is changing drastically and all of this FOOTBALL banging we have seen in the recent past is disappearing. The game is getting more fluid again and so teams are running more. Look at the Spurs they basically went with Duncan at the 5 in the playoffs. Once Shaq hangs them up, the league will really open up.

I read the Hawks can't do anything right now cause they don't or cant take on contracts right now while the owners jockey for position. Golden State makes the most sense since they have a lot of young pieces and could entice the Hawks.

NYKnicks15

Starter
That judgment has been lifted. Atlanta can do as they please aslong as none of the contract they take in exceed 3 years.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
Ah ha, i see you stuck with that bet by having jerome in your sig, havnt been on in a while been real busy, but here is my take on Harrington.

1.He is a great player, dont get me wrong but his style would not fit with ny
2.He isnt a good defender, somthing that we need in a starter, Q in the other hand is a good defender, and if he gets his offense back you will see this team improve ASAP
3.He will most likly cost us alot, we would have to make a sign and trade with ATL and he is not playing for less then 10 mil a year, you can bet that. And you know our cap situation
4.We have a logjam at sf right now, unless he played PF, wich he probably would, i dont see the sense in this, if he play pf he could work out here

C-Curry/Frye
Pf-Harrington/Lee
Sf-Q/Balkman/Rose (jalen)
Sg-Francis/Jc/Jalen
Pg-Marbury/Francis/Nate

If we could move francis to ATL in order to get Harrington and maybe an expiring deal, id be all for this, but if we just sign a player, thats one more spot isiah has to play

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I don't see how Frye is ready to play Center this year. He's banged up as it is and he only gained 5 pounds of muscle contradicting to what most people have heard or supposedly saw. So instead of being 245 from last year he would be 250. That's not too bad of a size but he can't even maintain position in the post against power fowards and he doesn't have the quickness like a Hakeem Olajuwon so I think he should stay PF...start Frye (if harrington isn't aquired) and Curry and let Lee back up Frye and let James back up Curry. If Isiah gets into James's head and tells him he's included in the plan then he my acutally be in shape this year. As for Curry, I have no question he'll be in shape this year and is ripe for a possible all-star year. All these players are hungry for a win this year and keep isiah as coach...I say keep the same team and make little changes as the season goes on...

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
Isiah doesn't think sometimes. You know Isiah is use to offering big to get the player he want. But does he think what if Al doesn't like the atmosphere in New York? Meaning, that what if the team doesn't play like he's use to. Just like Larry and Marbury, what if that happens to Al and Isiah?