New York vs LA Lakers 02/28 Game Thread (W 117-115)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
knicks_100.gif
vs
lakers_100.gif

Lineups:

New York Knicks ( 23-33 ) :: 16-12 at MSG
stephon_marbury.jpg
jamal_crawford.jpg
kurt_thomas.jpg
tim_thomas.jpg
mike_sweetney.jpg
herb_williams.jpg

Los Angeles Lakers ( 28-25 ) :: 9-14 on Road
chucky_atkins.jpg
kobe_bryant.jpg
chris_mihm.jpg
caron_butler.jpg
lamar_odom.jpg
frank_hamblen.jpg

Game Time: 7:30 PM EST
TV: MSG, MSGHD, NBA TV
Radio: 1050 ESPN

Game Recap:
Knicks 117 - Lakers 115
Video Recap

NYKnicks15

Starter
rady you have caron butler and lamar odom out of position, damn man i wish i had time i would do a analysis report like ive done a few times...

but real quick I think were pretty even...we definetely have the advantage on the PG, SF, and possibly C positions (yes Mihm is tall but hes not as fast as he needs to be to pick up on that pick and roll and chase down Kurts shot)....the SG cmon its Kobe nuff said, plus hes much taller and the PF spot with Odom is going to need to be a group effort Sweet, Williams, Rose taking turns off and on the bench.

But its at home and we are pretty evenly matched so if we just take our time and dont commit stupid turnovers we have a good shot at winning this.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
yo rady, change the logo to lakers not pacers,. lol

i think this lakers team is a little underrated and overrated at the same time. They're overrated because they have the title "LA Lakers" one of the greatest organizations ever, but with no Shaq, and a complete turnaround from last year, they are no longer the premier team they once were. However looking at it with that perspective they are underrated, because this team has a lot of pieces, Chris Mihm is a great center, but is never going to fit Shaq's big shoes

I think if we show the same emotion we did against Philly, and Indiana we stand a good chance and should take this one, 96-88

Trin_Starr

Starter
The knicks are definitely feeling it!
From Marbury, Penny and TT diving for loose balls
to great team defense - the guys are playing great.
And as for Rose - 8 rebs (4 off.) in 9 mins - now that's efficiency!!!
And pulling the chair under O' neal - now that was a classic :)
It was good to see the knicks finally having fun out there.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Trin_Starr said:
And pulling the chair under O' neal - now that was a classic :)

oh man, i was laughing so hard when i saw that, i jumped off the couch! The look on O'Neal's face was priceless.. Thanks for the memory Malik!]] :jump:

Blumatic

Rotation player
I think Kobe is going to have a field day. Marbuey needs be explosive as Kobe and when Kobe tries to defens Steph just give it to crawford to do the damage. Just play hard defense and everything will fall into place.

Knicker Bocker

Benchwarmer
I can't see Crawford guarding Kobe :x :td: but I can definitly see Steph schooling Atkins every time he's goin to the basket. :thumbsup: :up:

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Knicker Bocker said:
I can't see Crawford guarding Kobe :x :td: but I can definitly see Steph schooling Atkins every time he's goin to the basket. :thumbsup: :up:

i think maybe the lakers will go to a zone to help Atkins out on that mismatch..
regarding our mismatch at our end with Kobe and Crawford, i just hope we know how to play zone, and if not Marbury and Crawford will have to switch men.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Peach_NYK_21 said:
Knicker Bocker said:

i think maybe the lakers will go to a zone to help Atkins out on that mismatch..
regarding our mismatch at our end with Kobe and Crawford, i just hope we know how to play zone, and if not Marbury and Crawford will have to switch men.

Zone wouldn't work against the Lakers. They are a dead 3 Point Shooting Tea. Atkins,Kobe and Odom all shoot threes.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
which is why we should probably switch the matchup of Marbury guarding Atkins to Marbury guarding Kobe, its going to be interesting to see what Herb decides to go with.

DownUnderKnick3

Benchwarmer
Kobe will get his usual dominating stat line but i think the Knicks will put in a effort like Toronto and have a very solid contribution for everyone and get a solid W.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
as usual, i was in a hurry when i made the game thread. nobody wants to do it for me?

Blumatic

Rotation player
I think Tim Thomas will guard Kobe. Marbury will guard butler and Crawford will guard Atkins. That the best line up. Kobe is taller than steph and JC he will have a field day with either of them. With Timmy at least he's tall and maybe bother him a little. its a risk but our best chance. Penney will see alot of playing time.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
rady said:
as usual, i was in a hurry when i made the game thread. nobody wants to do it for me?

i'll do them for you, im on the net basically all day and it would give me something to do, i think i can make them look real nice... i'll pm you