Another 1 bites the dust in POR - can we deal now?

mafra

Legend
C Joel Przybilla suffered a ruptured right patella tendon and a dislocated kneecap late in the first quarter Tuesday in a win over Dallas.

"The win was bittersweet," LaMarcus Aldridge said. "We lost Joel, which was a blow to us. We just couldn't believe that somebody else went down. We all stopped and were like, 'Please tell me this isn't real.'"

Przybilla is out indefinitely.

<CITE>(Yahoo! Sports)</CITE>
<CITE></CITE>
<CITE>===============</CITE>
<CITE></CITE>
<CITE>COME ON. Time to deal POR. DW, pick up the phone!</CITE>

smokes

Huge Member
If we can't deal with portland we can't deal with anyone. Their situation is ridiculous and they must be desperate now. They also showed some faint interest in Nate in the past, so let's deal!

mafra

Legend
If we can't deal with portland we can't deal with anyone. Their situation is ridiculous and they must be desperate now. They also showed some faint interest in Nate in the past, so let's deal!

N8, Jeffries, Lee, Curry, Harrington... anybody! They need bodies.

3-way trade if necessary. Something must be done in POR.

I wonder if a possible Jeffries-N8 deal can be worked out now. They could use JJ to defend guys like Deron, Billups, Kobe and such.

They could use a N8 off the bench.

Who knows.

We will suffer w/out JJ (his defense is instrumental in what we're doing now).... But we need to dump his contract, no?

jzero29

Rotation player
I'm not as on board to deal

Look at what happened last year, we started playing well and we dealt crawford and zac. I liked the moves. Now we are doing decent a charlotte bobcat loss from being tied for 8th spot. We are developing oour homegrown talent like Douglas and Galinari. Who would you want from portland and why would you trade a key player like Lee? I can see trading curry, for someone. I mean I'd be all for trading lee if we get equal value. Which is not impossible, but equal value means we'll have to readjust to playing together and falter just a little. which could mean the difference in a playoff race. Also, don't you want the team to make playoffs...as I watch this team here and now... I see they need that one player who can finish games, that one superstar to put this good fun team into a contender, Just so you know I'm sure I'm not the only one watching, there are some big free agents out there. If that Idea gets in lebrons head. Look at this scrappy knick team with no real superstars make it without me, what could they do with me?? We all know clevelaned would be a disaster without lebron. If the knicks can be respectable without him, then what could they be with him or someone like wade. or lebron and another big gun, we'll have some cash to throw.

ANU

Starter
if this team is going to make any deals, it shouldn't do them at a point where it could jeopardize the playoffs unless picks and or prospects are coming in return.with oden and pryz out, they clearly need some pf/c's.lee harrington jeffries darko are obviously in play.fernandez or batum in return would be sweet.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
What if we traded David Lee?

I mean, Portland just lost two of its big men and I really don't think they're all that psyched about possibly having to start Juwan Howard.

If they got David Lee they could consider moving LaMarcus Aldridge to the 5, or something like that. In any case it's way better than what they've got right now, and all they'd have to do is give up Rudy Fernandez (who's going to be living in Brandon Roy's shadow until his deal expires anyway, so why the hell not give up someone you won't use for a piece you really need?)

Reactions: ANU

ANU

Starter
if we were to deal lee to portland nothing less than Fernandez or batum would suffice.i don't know if they would want lee considering lee and aldrigde have similar games though lee is a better rebounder, and Aldridge's face up game is better.i think they would rather have darko.maybe darko for outlaw.i would love to be wrong though.fernandez at the two here would kill.

also, as I've noted before, if lee is dealt, the season is practically over, so if we were going to deal lee i would prefer moving him to utah for our pick back in some type of package.

ANU

Starter
if we were to deal lee to portland nothing less than Fernandez or batum would suffice.i don't know if they would want lee considering lee and aldrigde have similar games though lee is a better rebounder, and Aldridge's face up game is better.i think they would rather have darko.maybe darko for outlaw.i would love to be wrong though.fernandez at the two here would kill.

also, as I've noted before, if lee is dealt, the season is practically over, so if we were going to deal lee i would prefer moving him to utah for our pick back in some type of package.
i would also like to say that i hope lee does not get traded.I'm hoping that donnie tries to stir that trade (al to bulls for tt and jj )up with the bulls again with them adding there first round pick unprotected.i'd rather keep avi.cause I'm starting to get attached to him.:D

too lazy to look into how this benefits all teams lol but here's something I threw together that worked.
tradelee.jpg

iSaYughh

Starter
Playoffs? Ha. A modest flux in the chances we slip or don't slip into the playoffs to be summarily raped by a real franchise is meaningless, and to prioritize that "goal" at the expense of our very future and a *championship* future is downright destructive.

Particularly when this "goal" is coming by way of retarding Hill and to a lesser extent Douglas.

I agree that now is the time to fleece POR, but let's be real. If we have any chance to get rid of Jeffries and/or Curry, and as a secondary goal to possibly get a SG/PG who can deal in our system, *everyone* should be freely sacrificed whose name is not Gallo and Hill, and at this point, probably Chandler, too.

Gallo, Chandler, Hill + 2 bigtime FAs (and the significance of being able to lure 1 FA with the fact that we are going to get 2 can't be understated), is an attractive rap to spit to Lebron + ____, to go along with owning NYC and making the Knicks the team of the decade to come.

We should be able to offer POR players who can make them, at least in their eyes, a relevant team this year and with a chance to make some serious noise. No reason we can't shed Jeffries and get back something if we firesale otherwise attractive players, who, due to our unique situation, are wholly expendable. I'd dance a jig if we could dump Curry and Jeffries.