New York Knicks @ New Jersey Nets

NYK Man8

Benchwarmer
i hate when someone plays with my emotions, dice won't play tonight, he says he's not ready yet. if that is so, why the hell is chaney talking crap?
i'll put the starters and the recap a little later

NYK Man8

Benchwarmer
Possible Starters:

Forward
#2 Keith Van Horn
Averaging 17.4 points and 7.3 rebounds per game this season.

Forward
#40 Kurt Thomas
One of eight players in the NBA to average a double-double this season.

Center
#55 Dikembe Mutombo
Needs just 10 blocked shots to move past Patrick Ewing (2,894) as the fifth all-time greatest shot-blocker in NBA history.

Guard
#20 Allan Houston
Has made 20 straight free throws ... Ranks ninth in NBA in free throw percentage.

Guard
#21 Charlie Ward
Averaging 8.3 assists per game this season - ranks 3rd in NBA in assists per game.

Game Preview
The New Jersey Nets try to avoid a third straight loss at Continental Airlines Arena Friday when they face the New York Knicks for the first time this season.

New Jersey has won nine of the last 10 meetings with the Knicks, including the last five at home.

The Nets have lost four of their last five games and three in a row at home for the first time since ending a 26-56 campaign with four straight defeats in 2000-01.

The Nets were 33-8 at home in each of the previous two seasons.

On Wednesday, the Nets absorbed an 85-71 setback to the San Antonio Spurs in a rematch of the NBA Finals. Forward Kenyon Martin returned from a sprained left ankle and scored 14 points.

Jason Kidd posted his 52nd career triple-double with 14 points, 13 assists and 12 rebounds for New Jersey, which fell to 1-3 at home.

New York has lost two in a row since last Friday's 114-111 home win over the Sacramento Kings. The Knicks have opened their three-game road trip with losses at Milwaukee and Cleveland.

On Monday, the Knicks never led in a lackluster 94-80 loss at Cleveland. Allan Houston led New York with 22 points but shot 9-of-25.

Former Net Keith Van Horn was 2-of-10 from the floor for a season-low eight points. Van Horn also matched his worst output on the boards this season with five.

Van Horn played with New Jersey from 1997-2002 before being dealt to Philadelphia for current New York center Dikembe Mutombo, who was waived by the Nets after one injury-plagued season.

Prediction
Knicks 77 - Nets 94

GhostNYK

Benchwarmer
i really hate layden and chaney
just let lampe play!
i don't know who else has checked the schedule, we have onl big games till december 5th: indiana, philly, new orleans, LA lakers, detroit.. we will be lucky to win at least 2-3 of them

it never gets any easier...