The solution hire Bryan Colangelo

tiger0330

Legend
Rumor is the Raptors are negotiating to hire Bryan Colangelo as their next GM. Instead of throwing money on 15 mil/yr players, Dolan needs to hire a GM that has a clue about how to build a team. The Knicks have a sorry team, GM and coach, I hope LB gets fed up this season and pulls his I want out act before Xmas.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
tiger0330 said:
Rumor is the Raptors are negotiating to hire Bryan Colangelo as their next GM. Instead of throwing money on 15 mil/yr players, Dolan needs to hire a GM that has a clue about how to build a team. The Knicks have a sorry team, GM and coach, I hope LB gets fed up this season and pulls his I want out act before Xmas.

Any GM that walks into this Knicks will have the same problem/challenges that Isiah did/has. You can NOT sign anyone and you can't trade for anyone. Plain and simple! You can only sign mid-level type guys and they are not (usually) impact players or core type players. The only guys you can trade for are guys that have bloated contracts and are looking to be moved. I think Isiah getting Frances was not only unwarranted, but nonsensical! It didn’t address a need and added to the cap issue that plagues the Knicks. Yes, Frances has talent but he is not needed on a team that has Marbury. What next, trade for Iverson?!!?? The one highlight is his drafting ability, but his decisions outside that realm have been horrible but I wonder what a different GM might have done. I guess anyone could walk in and do nothing and just let contracts run out, but that is not feasible in NY. So I think a different GM is an answer if we have a different situation to offer him. But if it is status quo, then it doesn’t matter who the GM is, it will have the same results.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Any GM that walks into this Knicks will have the same problem/challenges that Isiah did/has. You can NOT sign anyone and you can't trade for anyone. Plain and simple! You can only sign mid-level type guys and they are not (usually) impact players or core type players. The only guys you can trade for are guys that have bloated contracts and are looking to be moved. I think Isiah getting Frances was not only unwarranted, but nonsensical! It didn’t address a need and added to the cap issue that plagues the Knicks. Yes, Frances has talent but he is not needed on a team that has Marbury. What next, trade for Iverson?!!?? The one highlight is his drafting ability, but his decisions outside that realm have been horrible but I wonder what a different GM might have done. I guess anyone could walk in and do nothing and just let contracts run out, but that is not feasible in NY. So I think a different GM is an answer if we have a different situation to offer him. But if it is status quo, then it doesn’t matter who the GM is, it will have the same results.[/quote]

IT WASNT ISIAH THAT PUSHED FOR THE TRADE, IT WAS LARRY BROWNS MOVE and this season is done , i believe marbury or francis is going be traded this summer for something good

Hometheatreguy is absolutely right and datruth, I don't know where you get your news from but Isiah had as much to do with getting Francis as anyone. He wanted to get the best player available at the dead-line in hopes that it would help bring in a player like K.G. during the summer. Francis was never about LB getting his man, please... Francis is farther from LB's ideal PG than Marbury is.

HometheatreGuy makes a great point, what would you have another GM do??? I read posts on here all of the time where fans say "trade Mo Taylor and Crawford" and it just does not work like that. If every team worked with the cap like we do then maybe it would be as easy as that but the other teams do not play it that way. You are not going to find many teams that would give up a 2nd RD pick for the both of those players because of contracts. We are a mess and while money does not mean much to Mr. Dolan, it does to the other owners in the league.

Compounding the problem is that we have a coach (I agree he is a good one, he just does not fit us right now) that does not coach around the players and talents that he has... he wants to mold players to fit his system. As good as LB is, he is the last coach WE need right now because of that. We are mismatched all of the way around.

Let's hope Isiah can pull off a real trade in the summer... if not... there is no telling when we will climb out of this hole.

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
taylorjohna said:
Hometheatreguy is absolutely right and datruth, I don't know where you get your news from but Isiah had as much to do with getting Francis as anyone. He wanted to get the best player available at the dead-line in hopes that it would help bring in a player like K.G. during the summer. Francis was never about LB getting his man, please... Francis is farther from LB's ideal PG than Marbury is.

HometheatreGuy makes a great point, what would you have another GM do??? I read posts on here all of the time where fans say "trade Mo Taylor and Crawford" and it just does not work like that. If every team worked with the cap like we do then maybe it would be as easy as that but the other teams do not play it that way. You are not going to find many teams that would give up a 2nd RD pick for the both of those players because of contracts. We are a mess and while money does not mean much to Mr. Dolan, it does to the other owners in the league.

Compounding the problem is that we have a coach (I agree he is a good one, he just does not fit us right now) that does not coach around the players and talents that he has... he wants to mold players to fit his system. As good as LB is, he is the last coach WE need right now because of that. We are mismatched all of the way around.

Let's hope Isiah can pull off a real trade in the summer... if not... there is no telling when we will climb out of this hole.

What Datruth is saying is actually correct to some extent...there was a report that Francis was on that supposed list that LB gave to Isiah. Still it's Isiah's job to use that list as a guide and not blindly follow it like an idiot...he's the one with the final say and the one that actually makes the trade, not LB. Besides, like you said taylorjohn, neither of these guys are anywhere close to the ideal PG that Larry craves.

You also make a good point on LB....personally I think he's an overrated coach becuase of his inability to conform to the talent he's given. He's too stubborn and one dimensional, and he is totally the wrong guy for this job. Instead of getting a guy based on resume, Isiah should have gotten a guy that buys into his plan....but then again, therein lies the fundamental problem here. Isiah has no clue, no plan, no freakin idea what he's doing with this team, so it's hard to really build a team that way.