Your takes on the preseason?

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Hey all, just wanted to know what you guys have been getting from our pre season games so far.

For me, it's the reassurance that some of our fringe signings (White, Pablo, Prigioni) are great garbage minute players and are all putting a solid case for regular rotation minutes.

Pablo has been the most consistent turning up in all of the games. Copeland and White have still been great assets but have played lacklustre at times. Copeland is showing he is worthy of getting minutes at the 3 & 4. Will be hard to tell how White will earn his minutes in amongst Novak/Copeland getting most of the minutes behind Melo and even STAT.

Great to see that we are getting our fringe and role players a lot of burn, but I would like to see more playing time between our starting 5 and JR Smith. But hey they are training most days together as it is, so Woodson must have a good idea of how they are progressing.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
Havent really seen all that much of the games yet but I did notice Chris Copeland is putting up some nice looking stats. Hes making a real case for getting minutes during the regular season.

Wouldnt mind seeing STAT at some point soon!

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
undecided, was excited before preseason began, but since then, they just show me a huge ??? in front of me.

tiger0330

Legend
Really you can't say because Woody hasn't had some key guys in games like JR Stat Brewer and Camby and that game in Albany was a waste of time. Copeland made the team and Prigs showed he deserves some minutes if he has a consistent shot. White has done OK so I take back what I said about him being a bust, he's a better player than he was with his last stint with the Rockets.

Major questions still remain. Can Melo play with Stat, who will be the starting SG and what are the starting and 2nd unit lineups. Woody has been pretty much experimenting with different lineups because of all the new guys and injuries. The AC looks better and deeper than last year, the Raptors really got better with Lowry and that rookie C.

Kiyaman

Legend
In the 4 preseason games .. we showed to have some well-rounded bench players in 3 positions ....
PG-Kidd & Prig
SF-Novak & Copeland
PF-Kurt Thomas

we are playing scrimage in the preseason with P n R, give n go, and open peremeter shots. We have not showed any design-set-plays on offense or defense for players to get a better concept of their specific-role in the regular season games.

We are still in question-mode on what will our 5 starters give us "together" as a unit .. Tyson/Stat/Melo/Brewer/Felton .. chemistry or ISO?
plus we are still skeptical on what type of performance we will recieve from other bench-players on this team .. SG-JR.Smith, SG-Shump, PF-Rasheed, and C-Camby.

I'm hoping we get to see our Starters "Felton/Brewer or Smith/Melo/Stat/Tyson"
on the court the final two preseason games with all 5 players receiving 28 minutes in the same lineup (not substituting for individual fouls).

:smokin: My opinion :2cents: ....
I would not start the regular season with Felton as our starting PG, I would make Felton earn his starting-spot by the dimes he makes from the 2nd-unit players first .. Felton need to get creative on the offense & defense with our bench-players before taking a big-leap of getting punk by the $54M per crew .. The Knicks Big-3 will cast blame for their 2nd season of non-gellin-performance on their PG .. Felton is a FOOL if he takes that starting job.
I would step to the side to let PG-Jason Kidd be the starter to punk each one of our Big-3 into playing with chemistry or sitting down...
:smokin::gony::smokin:

Paul1355

All Star
Pablo and Copeland have been the most impressive and I def see Woody going with that lineup as the 2nd unit off the bench

p0nder

Starter
I have been very dissapointed with the games I've seen. Lots of melo iso ball, not much 2 man game between amar'e and Melo in the short stint together, lapses in judgement on the offensive end, matador defense by some players on the other end. Just a lack of execution and cohesiveness overall.

There are some silver linings and there is potential for the team to get much better. the talent and experience is there. One of the silver linings I've noticed is the play of Felton and Kidd on the floor together. On the offensive end this is a huge upside. With JR at the 3 melo at 4 and tyson holding down the middle this is probably our best offensive lineup with Amar'e out.

However coming into the preseason our guys were hanging out, practicing together, doing "pre-camp" camps and just supposed to be a step ahead of the competition at this point. But when i've watched it seems like they are a step behind. It's only preseason so I'm not overly concerned but we will se ehow this all translates in the regular season. We are going to need Melo to play out of his mind and have some players like Kidd, Novak and JR step up their game for the Knicks to be successful.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Copeland owes a lot of his success to Prigioni's experience in the P&R, and James White has less of a left hand than Captain Hook.

I like Sims, and hope he's put in to our D League team ready for a call up. Classic role player, does nothing he shouldn't and appears to be stronger than he looks.

KBlack25

Starter
I loved the way Petey Pablo looked in the bits I've seen. Also down with Copeland so far.

Other than that, typical ho-hum preseason.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I have been very dissapointed with the games I've seen. Lots of melo iso ball, not much 2 man game between amar'e and Melo in the short stint together, lapses in judgement on the offensive end, matador defense by some players on the other end. Just a lack of execution and cohesiveness overall.

There are some silver linings and there is potential for the team to get much better. the talent and experience is there. One of the silver linings I've noticed is the play of Felton and Kidd on the floor together. On the offensive end this is a huge upside. With JR at the 3 melo at 4 and tyson holding down the middle this is probably our best offensive lineup with Amar'e out.

However coming into the preseason our guys were hanging out, practicing together, doing "pre-camp" camps and just supposed to be a step ahead of the competition at this point. But when i've watched it seems like they are a step behind. It's only preseason so I'm not overly concerned but we will se ehow this all translates in the regular season. We are going to need Melo to play out of his mind and have some players like Kidd, Novak and JR step up their game for the Knicks to be successful.

This is exactly how I feel, I feel like both my teams the Lakers and Knicks haven't been showing much execution I know it's just preseason so idc about wins and losses but I wanna see some execution and growth. To me it looks like the Knicks have played worse in each progressing preseason game.

But I like Pablo he's what I expected I'm very surprised at Copeland I'd thought he'd be a lot worse it's gonna be interesting to see how he does in the regular season.

But overall this team has the talent when healthy now Woodson has to get the to execute it looks like their playing streetball for the most part out there, hopefully it looks better when the regular season starts.

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
I dont wanna say it, but it seems that our Knicks will be a mess of a team this season.

I know preseason games dont mean anything, but it gave me a bad impression of my knicks.

In addition, STAT's injury wasn't exactly a relief, although it may mean Melo at PF, which is a position I see Melo shining in more than being an SF.

However, COPELAND is the only positive thing I got from this preseason.

We really need JR to step it up this season, our scoring options aren't that many.

Oh, we need Shump back, too.

All in all, first week of the season will be interesting, I hope our Knicks start well, that would give them a HUGE boost, considering the fact that we are missing some key players in STAT and Shmup, AND we will be playing our NY rivals and NBA champs

tiger0330

Legend
We play the Nets Heat and Philly twice the 1st 4 games. If the Knicks are for real we should be 3-1 to start the season. I think Crazy8 said we could be 0-4 to start the season, that would be a massive fail for me even with it being so early in the season.

What was the purpose of getting a veteran roster and getting the guys practicing even before training camp began if we can't be at least 2-2 to start the season.

Copeland and Pablo have been nice surprises.
Kidd and Thomas have been solid
We could really use a healthy Camby....and maybe Sheed
We need JR back asap ( and Shump ) because Brewer's lack of offense is Jeffries like.
Novak can shoot as much as he wants....but God dam stop taking lessons from Amare on how to play D ! Put your hand up dude,.. Your 6'10"!

nyk_nyk

All Star
JR Smith out for the final preseason game. Sheed has begun practicing/conditioning but not yet scrimmaging. Camby is still a question mark for the opener.

Amare is still a b****

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
JR Smith out for the final preseason game. Sheed has begun practicing/conditioning but not yet scrimmaging. Camby is still a question mark for the opener.

Amare is still a b****

I'm really starting to question if the Knicks are even slightly honest in their projections for injuries to players, JR was meant to be a couple of days and Camby was a week to 10 days, both of those are ballooning out.

I dont wanna say it, but it seems that our Knicks will be a mess of a team this season.

I know preseason games dont mean anything, but it gave me a bad impression of my knicks.

In addition, STAT's injury wasn't exactly a relief, although it may mean Melo at PF, which is a position I see Melo shining in more than being an SF.

However, COPELAND is the only positive thing I got from this preseason.

We really need JR to step it up this season, our scoring options aren't that many.

Oh, we need Shump back, too.

All in all, first week of the season will be interesting, I hope our Knicks start well, that would give them a HUGE boost, considering the fact that we are missing some key players in STAT and Shmup, AND we will be playing our NY rivals and NBA champs

I agree. I'm anxious to see how it all unfolds. I try not to weigh too much on how preseason goes, but it's hard not to sometimes. I just hope the players that we need to step up do so, and in return, we should see our team shine.

Kiyaman

Legend
I agree. I'm anxious to see how it all unfolds. I try not to weigh too much on how preseason goes, but it's hard not to sometimes. I just hope the players that we need to step up do so, and in return, we should see our team shine.

The preseason explains a lot .. before preseason I were optimistic about winning the Atlantic Division Title .. this nursing injury bulllshiiit mean only one thing "our coaching-staff has done nothing in the past 10 months to unite the oil & water pair of Stat and Melo on/off the court", the two $100M idiots got "teammates not wantin to F with other teammates", plus Melo & Stat were an embarrassement to the team with their 4th quarter follies in a 19 point lost to the Toronto Raptors.
The Old-Heads are probably thinking the Knicks organization has not change.

Melo best strength are in a slow-ball halfcourt setting.
Stat best strength are in a fast-transition tempo.
The trio of PG-Lin, SG-Shump, and SF-Fields best strength were in a
run-run transition off of their consistent pressure-defense (Lin-Sanity).
u dont have to be a rocket scientist to figure out WTF happen.

Preseason Players
Kidd - Felton -Prig
Melo
Novak - Copeland - K-Thomas
Tyson
we are 2-2 with the above players