Espn Feature Story- Fixing The Knicks

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Out of those guys, the three Isiah should've drafted was Josh Smith,Andrew Bynum, and Danny Granger.Kevin Martin only started playing well recently, so I understand why he didn't draft him. Marcus Williams has not impressed me so far, in his career. He plays 2nd string to Jason Kidd, so you can't tell if he could play well, or if he's a scrub.Isiah didn't do so bad. Nate Robinson,Balkman and David Lee are good players.I think he did a good job drafting people. His main faults are giving away 2 draft picks to the Bulls, and trading for players who lack defense or who have not had success in their careers.And we can't forget the 60 million that Jeffries and James make combined.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The article was on point, except he should have gotten an F for trading Ariza and Penny for Francis. An old school Knicks fan asked me what was the trade all about when it happened. I told him Francis was trade bait for Al Harrington. Boy was I wrong.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
This is a bull shit story. And further more, MetroCard did a better analysis a few months back on one of his threads. And in that Thread I had my own thoughts on why some of the moves which were made were not as bad as people think.

The fact of the matter is this... The Maurice Taylor and Jalen Rose waives were terrible. they really could have gotten a lot of those two expiring contracts. The giving of 2 first round unconditional picks for Curry was real bad giving away 1 should have been satisfactory he gave one 2 many.

The other trades, draft picks and such I truly am not going to kill him for. That's my personal view of things. Josh Smith, well there were 16 other teams who actually had a chance to pick up Josh Smith and didn't. The trade for Marbury at the time was a trade that everyone liked and a trade that got the Knicks to the playoffs. Revisionist history is bullshit. In Bynum, fans need to understand this. He was not a starter until this year he had 2 seasons to be groomed into this role. If he was drafted by the Knicks, he would have been thrusted into the starting roll, he would have been compared to Shaq and Patrick and whoever, and coming straight out of high school playing starter minutes under the NY spotlight he would not have lived up to that right away and he would have been killed on talk shows and forums like these before he had a chance to shine like he's doing now.

Don't get me wrong, I do not believe that Isiah has done a good job as GM. He's made some nice pick ups and made more horrible pick ups. But the way way some people look it at, its like he hasn't made not one good move in his entire stint and thats bullshit

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Good post,lilman bklyn. I'm giving you a rep point for that one. I think Isiah has done more harm than good for the Knicks, but he did draft some good people. Nate Robinson is a great shooter, David Lee is a good rebounder and plays well in the paint, and Balkman is good at playing defense and getting hustle points in transition.

metrocard

Legend
For once I have to agree with you

You always agreed with me, but were too embarrassed to admit defeat.

This article sucks and is taken from the perspective of someone who randomly watches the Knicks. I rather heard words of truth from a person who actually follows the TEAM instead of the bullshit articles that the media press on the weak minded and incompetent. Like outline the primary factors that got us to where we were...personally attacking players is really immature for an ESPN article, unless its Isiah, Crawford or Curry.

Last edited: