Your Playoff Prediction: How far can we go w our 2 stars?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Right now were 28-26 and slotted currently as a 6th seed. The team w the 5th seed is Atlanta w a record of 34-21.

It'll take some doing, but I think we can make push for the 5th seed w our current roster. If we really get hot there's Orlando at 36-21 to tackle. Not sure that's doable tho.

The upcoming schedule for the remaining 28 games looks like this:

Milwaukee Bucks
@ Cleveland Cavaliers
@Miami Heat
@Orlando Magic
New Orleans Hornets
Cleveland Cavaliers
@Atlanta Hawks
Utah Jazz
@Memphis Grizzlies
@Dallas Mavericks
Indiana Pacers
@Indiana Pacers
Memphis Grizzlies
@Detroit Pistons
@Milwaukee Bucks
Boston Celtics
Orlando Magic
Milwaukee Bucks
@Charlotte Bobcats
Orlando Magic
New Jersey Nets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Toronto Raptors
@Philadelphia 76ers
@New Jersey Nets
@Indiana Pacers
Chicago Bulls
@Boston Celtics

Seems a bit tough, but were built tough now. I say bring it. Let's knock Atlanta outta the box and give Dwight a run for his money. I think we go 19- 9 during this stretch for a season record of 47- 35.

In the playoffs.. I think we can get past the 2nd round as currently constructed. :gony::teeth::peace:

We've got:

Billups
Fields
Melo
Amare
Turiaf

Douglas
Walker
Shawn Williams
Sheldon Williams
Brewer
Mason
Rautins
Balkman
Carter
Azubuike

Thoughts?

Last edited:

STAT1

Starter
I think we can take out the Hawks or Magic in the 1st round if this team gels well down the stretch of the season, so I can easily see them advancing to the 2nd round. After that it depends on the matchup, if we're up against the Bulls then I think we got a shot, but I doubt we can beat the Heat or Celtics.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
We will still end up in 6th place. Will play the Bulls in the first round. Will lose in the first round, but it will go 7 games.

Melo has only gotten past the 1st round twice in his career.

He is no Michael Jordan or Kareem.

We still need a big man or several like the Celtics have.

Our depth just became pathetic and Isiah is the true GM.

This is not good for the future of the Knicks.

We will still end up in 6th place. Will play the Bulls in the first round. Will lose in the first round, but it will go 7 games.

Cant see that bro. We owned the Bulls without Melo.

The next 21 games I count 15-6 16-5.

Playoffs: If we are not in a game 7 in the second round we got a problem...

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Cant see that bro. We owned the Bulls without Melo.

The next 21 games I count 15-6 16-5.

Playoffs: If we are not in a game 7 in the second round we got a problem...

Bulls never had a full team, though. Noah and Boozer have only played in 9 games together this season. They have a lot more depth, and with Noah and Boozer at full health, I can't see them losing. I actually think the Bulls have a shot at making the Eastern Conference finals... giving the Heat/Celts a run for their money.

Also, I think you need to give the New New York Knicks 10 games to learn how to play together.

Bulls never had a full team, though. Noah and Boozer have only played in 9 games together this season. They have a lot more depth, and with Noah and Boozer at full health, I can't see them losing. I actually think the Bulls have a shot at making the Eastern Conference finals... giving the Heat/Celts a run for their money.

Also, I think you need to give them 10 games to learn how to play together.

Turiaf<<<noah><noah>Noah
STAT>>>>>>>Boozer
Melo>>>>>>>>>Deng
Fields>>>>>>Bogans
Billups<<<<< Rose<rose>

I cant see it bro. You could also say we didnt have our full team and beat them twice.</rose></noah></noah>

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
We beat a Noah-less and Boozer-less Bulls team, but they also had the luxury of playing a Melo-less Knicks team.

We'll see how it goes this time around.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Turiaf<<<noah><noah>Noah
STAT>>>>>>>Boozer
Melo>>>>>>>>>Deng
Fields>>>>>>Bogans
Billups<<<<< Rose<rose>

I cant see it bro. You could also say we didnt have our full team and beat them twice.</rose></noah></noah>

We'll see. I just see an utter lack of defense on our part and lack of depth, which I don't think we'll be able to improve on much this season.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
While looking at our roster it became apparent that we should release Carter to make room for Baron. We need front line help badly.

la2ny

Starter
While looking at our roster it became apparent that we should release Carter to make room for Baron. We need front line help badly.
Idk who we will release but we are getting Baron. Maybe we chuck Mason because thats all he does....Accept we'd actually hit what we were aimin for which is getting front line help

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
Idk who we will release but we are getting Baron. Maybe we chuck Mason because thats all he does....Accept we'd actually hit what we were aimin for which is getting front line help

I see us going 20-10 for the rest of the season with our current squad.

BreenForPrez

Benchwarmer

Chandler was gone after this season anyway so the immediate future would be

Felton
Fields
Melo
Amare
Moz

With Gallo coming off the bench

Now we have

Billups
Fields
Melo
Amare
Turiaf/Barron (Barron who did average 11 and 11 last season in 7 games)

With Brewer and Shawne Williams (Better 3 point shooter than gallo) off the bench

Now PLEASE tell me how this is not good for the future?

Im SICK of people saying this isnt good for the future and either not backing it up or overrating the pieces that were never praised two weeks ago. This is just people trying to dump on this trade. Get over it, we are way better today, tomorrow and in 2 years

Just ignore him guys,he doesn't know what he's talking about.

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
Well I think first and foremost we have to release Anthony Carter and Mason. Both are completely useless. Then ideally I would love for Balkman to somehow get off the team, Azu's contract, and maybe Billy Walker for Samuel Dalembert or Chris Kaman or even Marcus Camby/Przybilia.

C- Camby
PF- STAT
SF- Melo
SG- Fields
PG- Billups

6th Man: Brewer
Turiaf
Shawne Williams
Shelden Williams
Douglas
Barron
Rautins

Id go to war with this group

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

Melo has made the playoffs every year in the league including 2 WC finals without a second superstar. (no, an over the hill AI does not count)

Melo is 26 and scores 25 and boards 8 per game ion his sleep. To even compare him to MJ or Kareem and draw a definitive conclusion is a joke. That said, no one is stating he is of that caliber but he is just a slight notch below and has the potential to attain that status if he can win some chips in NYC.

Correct...STILL need as in we were already getting dominated on the boards and in the paint therefore this is a constant and irrelevant to this trade. If anything Melo is a big upgrade with regards to rebounding over Gallo.

Meh. D'ant runs a tight rotation and if anything Shaun Williams and Walker can step up and get more minutes now. Further, I doubt we are done and at least we will sign a back up center. BTW, Sheldon Williams and Corey Brewer can easily crack the rotation and provide some adequate depth.

This is not good for the future of the Knicks

Loosing a bunch of role players to get a 26 year old mega star is great for our future. We can fill needs over the next few years to round out our roster and that is always easier than securing a talent like Melo. A core of Amare and Melo is very attractive to vets looking to get a chip and you will see them flock to NYC for a chance at glory. (I predict Artest will end his career as our stopper off the bench on a very cheap contract in a few short years) Add in the fact that every contract other than Melo and Amare is a short term deal and we have flexibility moving forward.

Simply put, you are wrong!

p0nder

Starter
I think if they get rolling, we can get to the ECF's against (probably) Boston. I don't think we win that series this year, but it would be amazing!

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Chandler was gone after this season anyway so the immediate future would be

Felton
Fields
Melo
Amare
Moz

With Gallo coming off the bench

Now we have

Billups
Fields
Melo
Amare
Turiaf/Barron (Barron who did average 11 and 11 last season in 7 games)

With Brewer and Shawne Williams (Better 3 point shooter than gallo) off the bench

Now PLEASE tell me how this is not good for the future?

Im SICK of people saying this isnt good for the future and either not backing it up or overrating the pieces that were never praised two weeks ago. This is just people trying to dump on this trade. Get over it, we are way better today, tomorrow and in 2 years

+1 Agree 100%

There is NO WAY this trade is bad for the future. Some are probably just over rating the guys we lost, not to mention under rating the acquisition of a 2nd superstar in Melo.

We would never of won a championship with just one star, it never has happened or will happen. We needed Melo, and just wait till this time next year to see who will follow STAT and Melo, then we can talk future...

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
My expectation is that this NY Knicks team will be a tough out in this years playoffs, possibly winning a series depending on the matchup.

Gotta remember, it takes time to gell together as a team plus this deal we made was to benifit us for years to come, not just this year. We still need to round out our roster, which will come in time I have no doubt.

Im telling you, for the Knicks to compete for the next 4-6 years this deal NEEDED TO HAPPEN. You are not going to beat the Heat, Lakers or even aging Celtics in the playoffs with only one superstar. Now that we have both Melo and STAT, just wait and see by this time next year where this team will be at and who they have acquired to round out this team.