Putting things back in perspective

nyk_nyk

All Star
Now that it appears we have a legitimate starting pg for the future, this opens up a lot of things and changes the way we proceed in terms of FA signings. The plan was to use the full MLE on a pg in the off-season but now we have the luxury of using it on any good available player. Also, this opens the door to a possible TD trade. With Lin in command of the starting spot, this leaves TD in a tough situation because we?ve seen enough to know he?s NOT a pg and he?s really too small to guard most of the SGs in the league. His value may be low right now but its not crap? also add in Balkman?s expiring or Walker and that may get us something (maybe not but you never know). As someone else said in a thread, I?d like to start trimming off the fat.

When Melo and Amare return they will once again get the majority of the shots, as they should. They will also have moments when they do their one on one thing. This is normal folks and all the star players do it. There?s no doubt that ball movement will improve dramatically overall with son Lin in control, but don?t be na?ve to think that ISOs won?t still happen during games. The difference is we won?t have stretches where the offense is dead and guys are just purely launching 3s (unless that?s what Antoni wants). Our stars will hopefully get easier shots as long as they move without the ball but THERE WILL STILL BE TIMES WHEN THEY HOLD THE BALL. People who cry over this need to educate themselves because EVERY star player who has abilities above most players will use it against a defender. Check every team and you will find the same with their star player(s). This has been going on for decades folks, so stop crying about moving the ball for 48 min cause its just not gonna happen. Overall, I predict things to get even better when Melo and Amare return and let?s not forget Baron (if fully healthy) as well.

I still would rather Antoni not get re-signed after this season. Aside from the teams recent success, there are still too many flaws in his coaching for me to feel comfortable when it comes time for us to face the best teams in the playoffs year after year. Also, I?m tired of PGs having to bail him out or making his offense seem efficient. Phil Jackson in 2012-2013.

mafra

Legend
This is a PG-rich class. If we keep MDA, I would be happy w/ nash or Dragic. If we go w/ P-Jax (which I would love), I might go w/ Sessions. Who knows.

In a perfect (ideal) world, we somehow get Eric Gordon or OJ Mayo.

I doubt we can afford it (even if we find a take for TD & Balkman).

So, shore up the PG spot. Trade for a late first. Go SG & PF again in draft. Hope for the best.

nyk_nyk

All Star
This is a PG-rich class. If we keep MDA, I would be happy w/ nash or Dragic. If we go w/ P-Jax (which I would love), I might go w/ Sessions. Who knows.

In a perfect (ideal) world, we somehow get Eric Gordon or OJ Mayo.

I doubt we can afford it (even if we find a take for TD & Balkman).

So, shore up the PG spot. Trade for a late first. Go SG & PF again in draft. Hope for the best.

Well starting with Phil Jax would be a great beginning. I doubt NO let's Gordon leave that easy. OJ Mayo will be difficult to get as well but if we could that would be incredible.

Honestly, I don't know if we have enough to even trade for a late 1st rounder. I guess it depends on which teams would rather free up cap space.