Moochie off playoff roster FW in

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
kinda hard, moochies been playin more the last few games and has been playin well
i guess well have 2 c
:afro: :afro: :afro:
btw wasnt he much cooler w the fro?

p

kevin

Benchwarmer
frankwilliams said:
is this true? i hope so. i hate moochie norris. he's taking away frank williams minutes.

Its true I am all for the descision although Moochie has been playing well we still need Frank because he can get the crowd into it with his passes.

keyindabox

Benchwarmer
GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Moochie Norris was left off the playoff roster Thursday by the New York Knicks, who decided to keep Allan Houston active despite coach Lenny Wilkens' guess that there's a 70 to 80 percent chance he won't play.

Frank Williams will back up point guard Stephon Marbury, and Shandon Anderson will start for Houston at shooting guard.

Houston had therapy and treatment Thursday on his sore left knee, which sidelined him for 13 of the team's final 14 games.

The team's second-leading scorer (18.5 average) and best outside shooter, Houston said Wednesday he's eager to return to the postseason after a two-year hiatus -- but only if his knee feels strong enough.

Houston missed only 10 games in his first seven seasons with the Knicks before sitting out 32 this season. The Knicks were 15-17 when he did not play.

"On a scale of one to 10 that he won't (play), seven or eight," Wilkens said. "But I won't say, 'No' for sure. I'll have to see him and be comfortable that he can contribute and we're not hurting him. I'll have to be convinced of that, and that's a decision we'll make as we go."

Norris had one of his best games of the season Monday night against New Orleans, scoring 21 points. But Wilkens and team president Isiah Thomas decided Williams, a second-year player, would be a better fit against New Jersey Nets guards Jason Kidd and Lucious Harris.

Williams averaged 3.9 points and 2.2 assists in 56 games.

"Defensively, he's bigger and stronger," Wilkens said. "We'll be able to defend their guards, and it'll probably give us a little edge in that area, because they won't be so prone to post us up."

The Knicks also left veteran forward Othella Harrington off the 12-man playoff roster, electing to go with rookie Michael Sweetney and veterans Vin Baker and Dikembe Mutombo as the backups along the front line.

Norris, Thomas' first acquisition after replacing Scott Layden as team president, was not available for comment after practice.

"He was very disappointed, naturally," Wilkens said. "Everybody wants to be a part of this. You work real hard, but there's only so many spots."

Anderson made 37 starts for the Knicks, averaging 7.9 points on 42 percent shooting.

He'll be backed up by Penny Hardaway, who averaged 9.6 points in 42 games for the Knicks after being acquired along with Marbury from Phoenix.

"Penny brings us something off the bench offensively. I don't want to lose that, and Shandon has played real good defense for us," Wilkens said.

The series against the Nets begins Saturday at New Jersey.

frankwilliams

Benchwarmer
pyotrveliky said:
kinda hard, moochies been playin more the last few games and has been playin well
i guess well have 2 c
:afro: :afro: :afro:
btw wasnt he much cooler w the fro?

p

the only reason he's been playing well is because he gets minutes frank williams doesn't. if he got more minutes than moochie norris than frank williams would show what he got.

newmove

Rotation player
frankwilliams said:
the only reason he's been playing well is because he gets minutes frank williams doesn't. if he got more minutes than moochie norris than frank williams would show what he got.
good point.
give frank some big minutes and he'd show some big games... ;)

frankwilliams

Benchwarmer
newmove said:
frankwilliams said:
good point.
give frank some big minutes and he'd show some big games... ;)

hell yeah. give him minutes, he can do much better than moochie norris.

newmove

Rotation player
frankwilliams said:
hell yeah. give him minutes, he can do much better than moochie norris.
and since moochie is not on the PO roster frank has a real nice chance to prove himself... hopefully he'd get all 120% outta it...
btw, do u know where can i get ANY mixes of him?
i've been searchin through the web for a long time but still didn't find a thing on him :cry:

kevin

Benchwarmer
Very smart move FW will be show cased as trade bait too. I'm sure there are many people interested in FW and we may be able to get a quality player if we package FW Othella Kurt somewhere

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
kevin said:
I can almost guarentee he will be gone next year for either a draft pick or a shooting gaurd.

I agree. FW has a lot of trade value and the Knicks are probably showcasing him now. I think that if a good offer comes along FW is gone. FW won't be able to develop fully here with Marbury getting most of the minutes.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
hopefully fw will stay but you never know. zeke did shake up the roster and hell probably do it again.
what do you think about penny starting?