Predictions about today

New New York

Quiet Storm
So Donnie and Isiah meet today to discuss his future or lack there of, what does everyone think the outcome will be?

My Prediction: Isiah stays on for now, and Donnie will make a comment about re-examining the situation during the off season. Although I read in the Post today, that out of respect for his tribute in Detroit last night Donnie put off removing him from the bench before then, so that is why the meeting is set for the next game after that. There is some logic to that thinking, but I just don't see it happening. But we'll see......

Kiyaman

Legend
I dont see no place in this Knick organization for Isiah Thomas the day after the 2008 draft.
And I'm very skeptical about his trades on draft night (Q.Richardson & Zach Randolph).
The Portland Trailblazers and the Orlando Magic organizations both showed Isiah that his young player Trevor Ariza was worth more than Penny & Francis put together, and Channing Frye was worth more than Francis & Zach put together. Francis & Penny never seen any playingtime on the teams Isiah traded them to. Why?

Nate Robinson was the Jewel of the Q.Richardson for Kurt Thomas Trade.
David Lee was the Jewel of the Malik Rose for Nazr trade.
Demetris Nichols was the Jewel of the Zach & Jones for Francis & Frye Trade.

Isiah Thomas have to go along with 90% of his coaching staff whom never stand up for the better players on the Knicks.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
unfortunately I think Walsh will be keeping him in as coach. The NY organization have a short memory, and forgive easily. Because of the first three game winning streak (pointless) this season, I think Dolan will forgive, and Walsh will be stupid, and rehire Isiah Thomas. Something people dont think about, which I know there might be a controversal topic, is bribe the draft for the 1st pick, I actually think it happened before in history but not the Knicks, just overall. Now the Knicks are in the 6th spot....

Kiyaman

Legend
unfortunately I think Walsh will be keeping him in as coach. The NY organization have a short memory, and forgive easily. Because of the first three game winning streak (pointless) this season, I think Dolan will forgive, and Walsh will be stupid, and rehire Isiah Thomas. Something people dont think about, which I know there might be a controversal topic, is bribe the draft for the 1st pick, I actually think it happened before in history but not the Knicks, just overall. Now the Knicks are in the 6th spot....

Sources said their was no meeting held between Walsh & Isiah on April 9th.
That was the start of one bad point added to Walsh tour as Knick President.
Sources says that Walsh will wait untill the ending of this season to hold interviews. That's the sign of a Procrastinator.
I think it would've been wise to hold interviews as soon as hired, especially during the season to find out where peoples head is at.
Then hold a second interview when the regular season end just to find out how dedicated each employee is to the organization when asked a simple question about their offseason plans with their family.
The truth is all the people whom work for this Knick organization does not deserve a vacation this offseason, some should be made to work 6 days a week throughout the entire offseason. The Knicks 4 year record speaks for itself.

Donnie Walsh is already starting out to be a PUTTS on this Knick job.
This Knick organization has a strong fan base where advertisement is not the problem.
Winning games is the problem.
If Donnie Walsh was hired to get this organization prepared to WIN a certain percentage of games next season then we all know that has become a 24/7 job from now untill the first game of the 2008-9 season.
Why put off a job you can do today untill tommorow, when nobody was promised tommorow. Procrastinating is something we got from Isiah Thomas for five consecutive seasons.

Coach Isiah Thomas so-call three game winning streak of beating a team that is holy indebted to him for taking Francis contract from them which does not end untill next season, and beating his best friend Dumars team, then beating a poor Charlotte team in MSG, whom have to look in the history books for the last time they won a road game because their head coach and coaching staff is dummer than Isiah and his coaching staff.

April 9th, two teams Tanking games (Knicks vs Bobcats) for another young player out of the draft when their inferior coaching staff has done nothing to improve any of the young drafted players they have on their roster for the last four seasons.
It was a big JOKE watching the 4th quarter of this game.
Isiah tried his best to give the fourth quarter to the Charllote Bobcats last night whom refuse to take advantage of it with their Bigman Okafor.
Isiah 4th qtr. lineup was the players he benched all season (except Jones) PG-Nate, SG-Collins, SF-Jones, PF-Chandler, and C-Balkman.
And President Donnie Walsh was at the game watching such foolishness, when he could've had Herb Williams coach this game while he and Isiah had their meeting about this 20 WIN season team (Procrastinating Walsh)...

New New York

Quiet Storm
I don't think he is procastinating, I think he wants to show Isiah respect. He knows Isiah is not the right fit for this team. Walsh wont look at this 3 game win streak and assume that means anything, after all he fired Isiah after a playoff run! So three games in a row (two of which the nearly blew big leads) won't be the deciding factor. Give Donnie Walsh more credit that that, if he was going to be another "Dolan Dummy" he wouldnt have constructed his contract to put him above Steve Mills, and he wouldnt have changed the media policy. Isiah will be fired, and he knows it. Probably around the same time Larry Brown was fired, like a week before the draft.

Kiyaman

Legend
You have the media giving Donnie Walsh 3 to 4 years to clean up this Knick Team, with Knick-Fans accepting such time, untill the middle of next season.

The media also gave Isiah Thomas 3 to 4 years when he inhereted a defensive team that was going to the playoff, plus 5 ending contracts players in Isiah first season on the job. Procrastinating and bad decisions got Isiah an extension.
Is this Walsh goal too?

Donnie Walsh answer to the majority of questions giving to him by the media during his first interview of accepting this Knick position were, " I have to have a meeting with all the people in this organization to find out where it stands." He also said, "I can not make any moves without knowing more about the organization and how its been run, you have quality people here that could fit in certain positions.".
Since that speech Donnie Walsh have not been in N.Y. to interview or have a meeting with anyone. He was to late for the Isiah meeting so he made it his business to sit through a game at MSG.

GetRealistic

Starter
We all want Isiah gone. But at this point why not just let him coach the last 2 games. Honeslty who cares. I really think Donnie is just avoiding another media buzz for as long as he can.

Isiah will be fired, if i had to guess i'd say about a week or two after the season. And from the sounds of it Marc Jackson is close to a lock for the head coaching job unless something goes wrong. Personally i'd love for Marc to be a lead assistant fo a year two but i could live with him jumping right into the head coach.

Lets face it we stink ad we're going to continue to stink.

We all want Isiah gone. But at this point why not just let him coach the last 2 games. Honeslty who cares. I really think Donnie is just avoiding another media buzz for as long as he can.
Why the FUCK should the old geezer let him coach the last 2 games!!!! FUCKIN FIRE HIM NOW!!!!! BAN THIS POSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
I don't think he is procastinating, I think he wants to show Isiah respect. He knows Isiah is not the right fit for this team. Walsh wont look at this 3 game win streak and assume that means anything, after all he fired Isiah after a playoff run! So three games in a row (two of which the nearly blew big leads) won't be the deciding factor. Give Donnie Walsh more credit that that, if he was going to be another "Dolan Dummy" he wouldnt have constructed his contract to put him above Steve Mills, and he wouldnt have changed the media policy. Isiah will be fired, and he knows it. Probably around the same time Larry Brown was fired, like a week before the draft.

N.N.Y, if you look at it like that, your stating that when Walsh took the job as President the Knicks record was the 4th losing team in the league, so Walsh figured let Isiah finish the season as a losing coach to get the Knicks as many Lottery Ping-Pong balls as possible. But.... Isiah cant even do that right. 3 straight WINS!
Isiah cant WIN in the regular season or Tank the season in the last 6 games.
What is Isiah good for?
For every one step foward Isiah make picking a decent draft pick, he makes three steps backwards with his trades or MLE signings.

Walsh need to "Be a Man" and ...... Fire Isiah!
If the shoes was on Isiah feet Walsh would've been another one of Isiah (statistics or) embarrassing Firing, like Isiah did to coach Brown, Wilkins, and Chaney.

Donnie Walsh procrastinating in Firing Isiah, shows he had nothing to do with the Indiana Pacers Firing coach Isiah.
I dont want a old chump like Donnie Walsh to be President of the Knicks, I just want Zeke Isiah Thomas FIRED!
Fire Isiah!
Fire Isiah!
Fire Isiah!

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Not sure if someone else mention this already in the forum but whats up with the MSG games. Ever since Wednesday when Isiah finally met with Walsh, they've stop showing games on MSG.

New New York

Quiet Storm
N.N.Y, if you look at it like that, your stating that when Walsh took the job as President the Knicks record was the 4th losing team in the league, so Walsh figured let Isiah finish the season as a losing coach to get the Knicks as many Lottery Ping-Pong balls as possible. But.... Isiah cant even do that right. 3 straight WINS!
Isiah cant WIN in the regular season or Tank the season in the last 6 games.
What is Isiah good for?
For every one step foward Isiah make picking a decent draft pick, he makes three steps backwards with his trades or MLE signings.

Walsh need to "Be a Man" and ...... Fire Isiah!
If the shoes was on Isiah feet Walsh would've been another one of Isiah (statistics or) embarrassing Firing, like Isiah did to coach Brown, Wilkins, and Chaney.

Donnie Walsh procrastinating in Firing Isiah, shows he had nothing to do with the Indiana Pacers Firing coach Isiah.
I dont want a old chump like Donnie Walsh to be President of the Knicks, I just want Zeke Isiah Thomas FIRED!
Fire Isiah!
Fire Isiah!
Fire Isiah!

Alright if Donnie Walsh fires Isiah with 4 games left in the season, than naturally Herb takes over as coach, but what if Herb isnt who Walsh has in mind after Isiah? Then you have Herb getting appointed to Head coach, and then demoted for the second time as a Knick assistant (three if you count the Cheaney Wilkens change over). Ofcourse this is just speculation, but Donnie Walsh does really have that much respect for Herb Williams. Again Isiah himself does not beleive he will be Knicks coach next year, hence his plea that he can help this team in some magnitude. And maybe Walsh didnt come up with the idea to fire Isiah in Indy, but for sure he had the final say. He was the one who had sign off authority on the move, if he wanted Isiah to stay he wouldve been able to convince Larry Bird to keep him,even if for just one more season. The Pacers were a lock for the East Finals every season until Isiah took over, and during his best NBA coaching season he still was knocked out in the first round. The very next year after he is fired, Rick Carslile leads the team back to the East Finals. My point is that nobody in the league has less reason to believe in Isiah's coaching than Donnie Walsh. I assure you Kiya my freind that Boston will be the last MSG game for Isiah as coach.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
If Herb had coaching skills, he would have found a head coach position somewhere in the league already. It's obvious he doesn't. The Knicks does not owe Herb anything. Just because he played for the Knicks doesn't give him the right to have an opportunity to be head coach. The mission for the Knicks should be all about winning a championship. Alright, maybe the most the Knicks should owe Herb is a desk job in the Knicks organization but that's it.

Kiyaman

Legend
KnicksFan, your absolutely right about Herb Williams coaching skillz not being up to par with the NBA, or else he would've got a call from a couple of teams in the league.

His poor performance as the Knicks assistant coach showed that he was more of a reporter for Mills & Dolan than he was as an assistant coach to the Knicks players on defense which his NBA career he was a defensive player.

There is no reason to talk to anyone whom was involved on the Knicks coaching staff they all need to be FIRED. ASAP in the offseason!!!

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Yea Kiya. If they expect me to believe that the Knicks organization has finally changed, I want to see everyone from the old administration gone. This franchise has been so screwed up for so many years with its sexual harrassments, Dolan spies, poor personnel moves, etc... Steve Mills should be gone too!

CoolClyde

Leave Isiah Alone!!!

I mean, leave Isiah alone in Detroit! Get him the hell outta dodge asap! He is a stink and a stain and NYC!

However, I agree that Donnie Darko needs to see the how and why and what happened, and you just can't rush into that. The season's just about over, let it play out, so Walsh can get a feel for what's up, and let Isiah leave (or get hired by Detroit to be Dumar's f-buddy) at his indiscretion.

I believe Donnie will interview all and make the best decisions at the right time.

First step: get a big man!!!!
Second step: hire ex-Knicks Ewing, Jackson, Frazier to be coaches (not necessarily head coach)
Third step: burn those Isiah effigies!!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Damn! The man hasn't been president for a month and some of you are already out for his blood. It's only been a few weeks. I can see if we were starting a new season and Thomas was still coaching but that's not and hopefully wont be the case. Walsh will clean house. What Kiyaman hasn't mentioned is what I consider the 'great difference' between Walsh and Isiah, when Walsh mentioned and was quoted several times stating the importance of getting under the cap and not continuing to take on long term contracts. I've said before that the importance of the salary cap is often over stated but it's a real problem when you're one of the highest paid teams and one of the worse in the league. This a clear distinction between Thomas and Walsh. Walsh understands this and also understand the importance of immediate improvement. It's a fine line to walk but at least Walsh acknowledges this. So be easy, Walsh will remove Thomas from his position in due time.