What the Knicks Should do to Improve
The Knicks have 2 All Stars(Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire) and 2 potential All Stars(Jeremy Lin and Tyson Chandler).
However, SHAT decided to go into the season 20 lbs overweight, and JELLO decided to try out for the 3 point contest instead of playing team basketball.
The ONLY way to fix this is to do the following:
1. Fire Mike Antoni. This guy has no idea how to coach a team. He wants to force JELLO and SHAT to coexist, when it's obvious they don't and probably never will. The Melo duo experiment failed with Iverson, and it's failing with Whackmire.
2. Trade Anthony. Right now, his stock is still high, because teams are assuming he's just in a slump and will snap out of it. Many people also think he's just playing hurt or that he just needs the right system. Now is the time to shop him around. If the Knicks wait until next year, he will be an expiring contract, and teams will only offer junk to get him.
3. Make Jeremy Lin and Tyson Chandler the focal point of the offense. SHAT needs to squat down and watch how it's done. Then he can get his points here and there in the flow of the sewer.
4. Start Steve Novak. The Knicks need a guy who can make the defense go out on the perimeter. That will open things up for SHAT and Chandler.
5. Use midlevel exception to get a replacement for SHAT. This guy is going to finish washing up by 2014. The Knicks need a replacement.
6. Continue to develop Shumpert.