Raymond Felton Traded to the Knicks

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
The Knicks have acquired Raymond Felton and Kurt Thomas from Portland for Jared Jeffries and Dan Gadzuric, sources tell the Daily News

iSaYughh

Starter
Well, at least Felton is a great fit and will surely play awesome for us like he did before!

Assuming Lin doesn't come back, good for him -- regardless of how he plays going forward, I'd be happy for him that he doesn't have to play for this marching circus.

Those post-MDA championships and contending years will definitely be worth it all for us fans, though!

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Frank Isola
‏@FisolaNYDN

Knicks also receive rights to two players currently in Europe and send Portland a 2016 second round pick

Paul1355

All Star
Well, at least Felton is a great fit and will surely play awesome for us like he did before!

Assuming Lin doesn't come back, good for him -- regardless of how he plays going forward, I'd be happy for him that he doesn't have to play for this marching circus.

Those post-MDA championships and contending years will definitely be worth it all for us fans, though!

Felton is not the same player, had a down year last year and gained like 25 pounds

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Wow......

I'm happy to have 2 former Knicks back, honestly.

Looks like Lin's as good as gone. Another mutineer! Nothing surprises me in the NBA when it comes to cash.

Loyalty is green.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Felton is not the same player, had a down year last year and gained like 25 pounds

He'll be ready. I have faith in Ray's commitment to the O&B. He never, ever wanted to leave. Now he's back, he'll be the Ray we knew and loved, because this city, this team inspire him.

iSaYughh

Starter

:( I know. Being sarcastic, unfortunately (except for the 2nd paragraph).

Felton has had one truly quality year, under MDA, and in a fast-paced, anti-iso offense.

And he's now fat, older, coming off a horrible year, and playing for an iso-loving coach, and a max-iso max-player who the franchise -- under the direct wisdom of James Dolan -- has sacrificed lotto picks, starters, and a coach and GM for.

Ok -- what else is new with James Dolan Knicks?

Except this time, at least for now, many fans have been deluded or are deluding themselves into thinking things are different.

:2cents:

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello
Kurt Thomas, Marcus Camby, Jason Kidd. Immediately a contender for the 1998 finals.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
This is crazy.. If they do not re-sign Lin, whatever happened to matching any offer up to 1 billion dollars? lol

Dr_Evil.jpg

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
:( I know. Being sarcastic, unfortunately (except for the 2nd paragraph).

Felton has had one truly quality year, under MDA, and in a fast-paced, anti-iso offense.

And he's now fat, older, coming off a horrible year, and playing for an iso-loving coach, and a max-iso max-player who the franchise -- under the direct wisdom of James Dolan -- has sacrificed lotto picks, starters, and a coach and GM for.

Ok -- what else is new with James Dolan Knicks?

Except this time, at least for now, many fans have been deluded or are deluding themselves into thinking things are different.

:2cents:

Sup ZEKE! :peace:

We roll the dice again, my good man.

I implore you to keep some of the faith, regardless of how we all know that underlying ****tyness still lingers like an onion ring fart.

We have our defense, too. I'm very happy for that.

I don't think Lin was the be all and end all of this 3 year window, and if he's mutinous, then he can eat a phat meat flute.

At least we won't have to listen to him rattle on about Jehovah any more, either.

iSaYughh

Starter
seriously why not just look to trade Amare for the next two years while u pay Lin 5 mil a year in year 1 and 2? What the hell is wrong with that?

A GM and coach (not to mention players and picks in the initial trade) have been sacrificed/dealt/moved to support Melo -- and Woodson -- and what is our "all in" move to support and yield a true contender capable of winning a championship (in the next three years).

This is Dolan's master plan (and obviously people like Melo, Woodson, and others, would support and believe in it, too). It is what it is, we are what we are, and this season will essentially be a referendum on everything.

Am I optimistic? No. Open minded? Yes. And I'll try not to rag on anything too hard till the season is underway.

But Amare isn't getting dealt, certainly not to make room for Lin. We wanted to let other teams bid for Lin first before making a move, and we now appear to not want to match what was offered. That's that.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
seriously why not just look to trade Amare for the next two years while u pay Lin 5 mil a year in year 1 and 2? What the hell is wrong with that?

Nothing! But you've gotta find a suitor. An overpaid, uninsured, underwhelming, under average IQ player that talks like a King but plays like a leper, is not an individual that any GM has a lot of interest in.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
This was a really stupid move. At this point, I heavily question Felton's desire to win and get better. Hell, I honestly believe that we are overpaying the guy - he's coming off a year where he shot 40% and was like 40 pounds overweight, the fact that we're giving him a 3-year deal is absolutely idiotic.