2012-13 Marcus Camby News and Performance Thread

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Marcus Camby returns

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222191/Camby_Agrees_To_$132M_Sign_And_Trade_With_Knicks

Marcus Camby and the Knicks have reached agreement on a contract that will pay him $13.2 million over the next three seasons.

Camby was traded by the Knicks to Denver in 2002.

The Rockets agreed to a sign-and-trade for Camby, acquiring Toney Douglas, Josh Harrelson, Jerome Jordan and second round picks in 2014 and 2015. New York will pay the salary of Douglas for the 12-13 season.

Cambys back, finally! Getting some of that 99 good karma back, definitely have a huge edge in the low post defensively now.

Novaks back, now JR and Jeffries and were looking good

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
6 million a year is a bit much.. Glad to have him back tho

its 13.2 mill over 3 years thats like 4.4 a year. not bad for a guy who changes the game defensively. Blocks, hustle, could hit the J. now we have 2 of the top 5 defensive C's in the game. thats just as vital. we keep the defensive pressure over 48 mins. i love the move.

side note, i wish Douglas nothing but the best; he's a true class act and hard worker hopefully he'll find his niche somewhere. best of luck.

Oh my god, this is awesome!!! Camby returning to the garden baby!If we resign JR now I will be extremely happy with the Knicks offseason.

Dat defensive rotation with Camby and Chandler subbing in and out with each other
datass1.png
diddydatazz.png

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
What a wonderful world!

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH.....

funny-gifs-never-stop.gif

Full 48 of lane clogging genius.

WELCOME BACK TO CAMBYLAND!

Jefferies, Camby, Novak, JR, Shump coming back and J Kidd.....

Mobb DEEP just became mobb incomprehensible.

Kim Kardashian doesn't have the depth of the Knicks!

WOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Sign Lin and JR, Jimmy D!!!

Finally, the little ****er is putting that bottomless pit of cash in to building a monster!!!!

Deepest team in the league, second in the East....

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
One of my all time faves. People have no idea how big of a signing this is. TC/Camby best C duo in league for sure. Now just gotta sign JR, Jeffries, and maybe tht spanish pg we were looking at and call it a day. Impressed with the leadership thats going to be on our squad next year.

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
best signing ever, we got rid of douglas!! plus we have camby.. man chandler now can breath... knicks are ****ing back

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i believe we have the BAE left. i see us getting JR and maybe a run at foye if he's willing to take the 2.5 mil. if he does our team WILL be dangerous and will win close to 60 games. yea i said it. best thing is we have 2 defensive player of the years coming in and out of each other. No more will teams go to the basket at will, they'll have to think twice. Seems like JR is the focus at this point now. after he's locked up we'll look at other shooting guards.

Wargames

Starter
how much $$ we have left? i reall ywanted oj mayo

OJ aint happening but the knicks still have Gadzuric's contract of 1.4 million. I don't know if they can find someone to bite but who knows, arguably they could use it to sign and trade for a player for something around the 2 million. So guys like Reshard Lewis are still a possibility. the BAE is also available but I don't know if they would push the knicks into the apron cap.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
MAAN grunwald is a genius since last offseason he's been making nice move after nice move, GENIUS!!! deepest team in the league no doubt.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
MAAN grunwald is a genius since last offseason he's been making nice move after nice move, GENIUS!!! deepest team in the league no doubt.
Word. Last season's decisions by him were the right ones, but to me it was common sense (which some GMs don't have). This season he's proven he's the real deal.