Philadelphia 76ers vs New York Knicks PreSeason Game Thread Oct. 14

Who should play down low with Lee? (No homo)

• Zach Randolph

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • Eddy Curry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jerome James

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Jared Jeffries

• Danilo Gallinari

• I dont know/none of the above

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Philadelphia 76ers (1-1) @ New York Knicks (1-1)
Tuesday at 7:30pm ET, Live on MSG

Welcome to the official MSG33 pregame show. I am the Gold Mac 10 and its time to break down tonights preseason game. The Knicks will be at home to take on Philadelphia for the 2nd straight game. They overcame 18 1st quarter points from Elton Brand, and went on to win a tough game against a tough opponent. It was close down the stretch but the Knicks did a good job of sharing the ball.

The Knicks had 23 assists and 20 turnovers on Friday. They need to work on taking better care of the ball, but the uptempo style of offense also needs to be taken into consideration as an explanation for the the high number of turnovers. Steve Nash, whos considered to be a top 5 point guard, averaged 3.6 turnovers per game last year. We will see Marbury and Duhon average more turnovers then they have in previous years, but the only thing that counts is wins and losses. One thing that is certain is that with a real head coach who actually has a playbook, and Stephon Marbury back from injury, the Knicks will be a better team then they were last year.

Starting Lineups

Philadelphia 76ers

At point guard, Andre Miller
At shooting guard, Andre Iguodala
At small forward, Thaddeus Young
At power forward, Elton Brand
At center, Samuel Dalembert

knicks.gif

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS

AT POINT GUARD CHRIS DUHON
AT SHOOTING GUARD JAMAL CRAWFORD
AT SMALL FORWARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT POWER FORWARD DAVID LEE
AT CENTER ZACH RANDOLPH

KNICKS BENCH: Wilson Chandler, Stephon Marbury, Nate Robinson, Eddy Curry, Malik Rose, Anthony Roberson, Mardy Collins, Patrick Ewing Jr., Jerome James, Dan Grunfeld

QUESTIONABLE FOR TONIGHT: Allan Houston and Danilo Gallinari

Knicks_Dribbling_600_100605.jpg

Throwback Hip Hop Joint of the Day

Artist: Showbiz & AG
Song: More then One Way out the Ghetto
Album: Runaway Slave

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jzwtdzyyyxy

Thanks for joining me here on The Gold Mac's pregame show, catch me next time and enjoy Tuesday Nights game.

metrocard

Legend
Another heavy hitter from my man MSG...damn, I got class then a meeting after 8 till 10...you guys should give me an accurate analysis of the game.

Not individual players, but how the offensive system looks...if its structured or disorganized. D'Antoni is good at making medicore players look good in his system(Tim Thomas)

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Whats good fam? The most accurate analysis comes from members of Team Starbury. Me, ABCD, and whoever else will fill you in on how our offense is. Haterburys tend to be uneducated and emotional :lol:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I'll give you an accurate analysis, metrocard. You don't want no analysis from a Duhornsexual or a Currysexual. lol

For the Poll, I voted for Z-BO. He's been playing good so far, so he deserves the spot.

I think the 76ers will win this game. Elton Brand was automatic in that last game. If he can shoot like that again, I doubt the Knicks will be able to overcome that kind of a performance.

TEAM STARBURY
stars.jpg

bk_AAHQ234_16x20~Stephon-Marbury-Posters.jpg

Last edited:

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
MSGKnickz33 another good thread man, but i voted for Z-BO to be down low with Lee, the two are lethal. The two both crash the boards and play pretty solid defense. Hopefully Duhon will explode again this game and maybe we can finally see D'antoni use ewing jr and H20. We beat philly the first time in preseason play and i think we can take them down again, this time at the garden. yeah the 20 turnovers is a bad stat but that number will drop as the season goes on.

By the way who the hell voted for jerome james to play down low with Lee?

Paul1355

All Star
Q Rich off the bench

1)Mike D has to start Chandler sooner or later. He does more than Q Rich and is quicker with more stamina, make this guy a starter and boost his confidence.

2)Duhon impressed me last game and so did the Z-BO/Lee combo.

3)Crawford has to step it up or Marbury is going to be the starting Shooting Guard with Jamal playing 6th man.

4)Bench guys that impressed: Nate(obviously), Collins changed a lot in a good way..............others did okay.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
MSGKnickz33 another good thread man, but i voted for Z-BO to be down low with Lee, the two are lethal. The two both crash the boards and play pretty solid defense.

I don't know about all that. lol I agree that Lee and Randolph do make a good frontcourt, though. They both can rebound and provide offense. It's definitely an upgrade from having Curry in the frontcourt.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
1)Mike D has to start Chandler sooner or later. He does more than Q Rich and is quicker with more stamina, make this guy a starter and boost his confidence.

2)Duhon impressed me last game and so did the Z-BO/Lee combo.

3)Crawford has to step it up or Marbury is going to be the starting Shooting Guard with Jamal playing 6th man.

4)Bench guys that impressed: Nate(obviously), Collins changed a lot in a good way..............others did okay.
I know. D'Antoni needs to bench Q-Hitch. He sucks. The only reason why D'Antoni is even starting him is because he coached him in Phoenix. Q-Hitch needs to be buried in the bench. Chandler should start, and Patrick Ewing Jr. should come off the bench until Gallinari comes back.

I voted for Z-Bo, because he deservise it and he's our best option. I'd also like to ADMIT even though I'm a "haterbury" , Steph looks pretty good (even chemistry wise when he's on the court) and if he can get his assist numbers up turn over's numbers down, he should be starting at the SG position along side of Duhon (Crawford looks like shit and Nate should be comming off of the bench before Crawford). Yep I said it! I can ADMIT when I'm wrong, so go ahead Team Starbury..... gloat. (he'll still be gone by next season anway no matter how he plays this year)

Still don't like the guy, but I love MY Knicks and I only want whats best for the team

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I just realized how gay my poll question is. The no homo was very necessary this time.

I agree with abcd, there is no place for curry on this team.....or any nba team. Maybe we can put him on that d-league team were about to get.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I just realized how gay my poll question is. The no homo was very necessary this time.

I agree with abcd, there is no place for curry on this team.....or any nba team. Maybe we can put him on that d-league team were about to get.
I think he belongs in the WNBA. The Liberty would've won a championship this year, had they had Curry. lol

P.S.-That poll question did sound gay. lol

LJ4ptplay

Starter
We should bench everybody except Marbury. Let Marbury do his thing, 1 on 5, and we'll win a championship. Maybe have Houston come off the bench, but essentially have Marbury play 48 minutes a game.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
This is from NY Newsday - Alan Hahn

* - Eddy Curry will give it a go against the Sixers but, from just watching practice, he looks painfully slow and winded. Speaking of pain, a physioball succumbed to an explosive death while Curry was sitting on it during practice.

This is from NY Newsday - Alan Hahn

* - Eddy Curry will give it a go against the Sixers but, from just watching practice, he looks painfully slow and winded. Speaking of pain, a physioball succumbed to an explosive death while Curry was sitting on it during practice.

if true,then death.

portega1968

El Cacique
too bad his butt didnt explode too... that wouldve been 100 pounds less on that fat fuk

I seriously suggest they custom make a mask for him where everytime we need him to run a twinkie appears in front of him... now, if we want him to rebound, we need to put a Big Mac on top of the rim or he's only gonna get those rebounds that him in the face like Dirk said.

GetRealistic

Starter
Hey ABCD would you rather have Marbury the starting point guard or Curry released/traded?

Or if it was the only possible way to move Curry by partnering him with Marbury in a trade would you sign off for it?

Also just a slight newsflash to certain people, Marbury isn't even the backup point guard on this team, hes the 4th guard. So if Duhon got hurt or something Nate would start and Marbury wouldn't. So save the bench Duhon for Marbury stuff.

One more question, and i want an honest answer not just a biased i hate Eddy Curry answer. Who gets booed the loudest tonight, Marbury or Curry? They both are going to get killed but without Isiah in the building Marbury will get the biggest boo.

portega1968

El Cacique
I'm not a big Marbury fan anymore nor am I a hater.

Truth is he's done what was asked of him so far this preseason. He said he'll come off the bench if that's where Coach wants him and that he isn't going to be a distraction for Duhon nor Coach nor the rest of the locker room. He put in some serious work this summer to be ready.

So it would not be right to boo him tonight 'cause the guy has earned another chance and is walking the line. Every fan should support him for this new attitude.

On the other hand, that fat fuk who is now Public Enemy #1 for exercise balls everywhere didnt do shit this summer to get ready for the new offense. He definitely deserves to be booed as loud as possible at MSG, at McDonald's and anywhere else he shows up unless if he's he's on the treadmill at least 8 hours a day.