Official I support Mike D'Antoni thread

metrocard

Legend
This is a thread for support for D'Antoni

He hasn't been successful thus far, but you can't change the past, only the future.

Maybe we'll never be successful as a championship team with this system.

BUT

We can win.

win games.

Be a .500 team

and make the playoffs.

Thats better than anything we have ever done since Marbury lead us to the playoffs.

Share your thoughts, logic, opinions on D'Antoni and his possible success in now and in the future with the Knicks.

As for the slimey haters.

14akfaf.gif

quiggle

Starter
exclusive Post interview

"It's a matter of time,'' Marbury added. "It's a countdown now. He put a countdown on his head. Now (the fans) know we're never going to win a championship like this.''

'He doesn’t teach defense,'' Marbury said. "He teaches offense. (Jeff) Van Gundy teaches defense. (The D'Antoni system) doesn't work in New York. Not in the East. You have to have a team that dives for balls and takes the 3 when nobody expects you to take the 3. You have to be inside the fans' minds and that's what they want. There's knowledgeable people in the arena. They're talking to you while you're shooting a jump shot.''

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...s_firing_AGWpsXRti3RGnibom04Q3L#ixzz15UrCrbcC

KingCharles34

All Star
I might despise him as a person but as a coach, he does deserve between 20 and 40 games before I can say fire him. Part of me wants to hop on that bandwagon right now but it would be unfair.

I do believe his defensing coaching skills are questionable, but if the team takes it upon themselves to dive for loose balls (no homo), fight through screens instead of going under them, and keep their opponents infront of them, then that might not matter. Turiaf is back tonight and I think our defense is much better when hes on the floor.

Red

TYPE-A
Damn! you got 5 responses for support and 2 of them are you....smh

Bad timing... you should wait til' we at least go on a three game winning streak.

We all from NY... since when do make excuses? Since when do we not just look at the results as the barometer? It's sad. I'm starting to think many KOL posters aren't real NY'ers. Cause the NY'ers I know care about the bottom line- not the reasons why it looks so bleek. N*ggas have some f*cking standards for crying out loud... its ok to admit if he isn't a good fit.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Classic mindset of a pussy sheep.

sarcasm misses you like a donovan mcnabb pass..

go knicks!!! i haven't jumped ship yet either, to early. i'm not a knee jerk type of fan like^^^^^^^ some people..

15- 25 games seems rational before i start calling for changes. :thumbsup:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Damn! you got 5 responses for support and 2 of them are you....smh

Bad timing... you should wait til' we at least go on a three game winning streak.

We all from NY... since when do make excuses? Since when do we not just look at the results as the barometer? It's sad. I'm starting to think many KOL posters aren't real NY'ers. Cause the NY'ers I know care about the bottom line- not the reasons why it looks so bleek. N*ggas have some f*cking standards for crying out loud... its ok to admit if he isn't a good fit.

ofcourse it's ok to admit that, just not yet. still too early..

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
sarcasm misses you like a donovan mcnabb pass..

go knicks!!! i haven't jumped ship yet either, to early. i'm not a knee jerk type of fan like^^^^^^^ some people..

15- 25 games seems rational before i start calling for changes. :thumbsup:

Don't get emotional, Ron. You're just a little misguided at times. If Mike turns it around, I'll be first to congratulate him and admit I was wrong. I just don't see that happening because of his unbudging MO.

We'll see what happens. I voted in another thread to give him 20 games to turn it around. I don't think that's unreasonable.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
D'Antoni has failed as a coach, for the 3rd straight season.

D'Antoni's record with the Knicks, since taking over as head coach:
64-110(.367)

There's no way the Knicks are getting out of their 3-7 hole under D'Antoni.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I don't think you need between 20 and 40 games to tell dudes to stop chucking shots late in the game when you're trailing. Especially with everyone in the Garden screaming their asses off in anger at every perimeter shot that goes up.

Unless you guys are willing to bet that our shots will start falling consistently in 20-40 games, then ok...I guess.

But we're going to remain a "win one lose tons" team until we start utilizing more off-ball movement, down screens, back door cuts, etc. and the age old basketball 101 premise of move your body and move the ball. Swinging the ball around the perimeter for a 3 pointer, and standing around while STAT goes one on 3 in the middle of a zone defense isn't going to win anything...and I don't see why it would take any coach 20 to 40 games to just say "let's try something else." It took the fans the preseason and 10 games to say "what the **** is this?"

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Don't get emotional, Ron. You're just a little misguided at times. If Mike turns it around, I'll be first to congratulate him and admit I was wrong. I just don't see that happening because of his unbudging MO.

We'll see what happens. I voted in another thread to give him 20 games to turn it around. I don't think that's unreasonable.

lol, well played sir.. right on w re: to giving him time. sadly, i'm beginning to think this is going to be learning SEASON tho !!! 30- 40 games might me more like it. hate to say it..

Paul1355

All Star
This is a thread for support for D'Antoni

He hasn't been successful thus far, but you can't change the past, only the future.

Maybe we'll never be successful as a championship team with this system.

BUT

We can win.

win games.

Be a .500 team

and make the playoffs.

Thats better than anything we have ever done since Marbury lead us to the playoffs.

Share your thoughts, logic, opinions on D'Antoni and his possible success in now and in the future with the Knicks.

As for the slimey haters.

14akfaf.gif

this thread is an epic fail....Dantoni blows...im surprised Metro

jpz17

Starter
if Steph doesn't support D'Antoni, I may have to change my stance on this.

We obviously know why Stephon doesn't like Coach D'Antoni.. It is quite obvious. The reason why they decided not to play Marbury is very unknown, and I'd rather not know why. It is in the past, and Coach D'Antoni HAD to have had a somewhat decent reason we don't know about... (Although I disagree with it)

fasteddy

Rookie
Suns fan here,

I've enjoyed STAT while he was in PHX and him going to NY kind of
led me to this site. I'm not a huge D'Antoni fan. I thought we had a decent
team while he was coaching here but he wouldn't make even the slightest changes to get us past San Antonio. He was to set in making it his way or the highway.

I do have to ask what the Marbury and vaseline reference I keep reading about is?

Ed